Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV 15:20 - Nov 17 with 1234 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

is Taskmaster. Only fairly recently dipped into it as the concept didn't particularly appeal, but me and the missus love it. Gentle comedy that doesn't offend anyone, and it's genuinely LOL stuff.

There's about 10 series of it on All4, there's usually an excellent selection of comedians each series, and it's very bingeable.

Highly recommended if you want something light and fun in these otherwise serious times.

Don't worry, you're allowed to disagree...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:23 - Nov 17 with 1211 viewsDubtractor

Its great, but I think most of us prob already know that, from the 10 series that have already happened.

Also, the funniest thing on telly is Schitt's Creek. Its on Netflix, but I think C4 have also started showing it. Your point about warm humour definitely applies, nothing mean spirited in it at all, and so funny.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 15:24]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:24 - Nov 17 with 1198 viewsSwailsey

Is RG in it?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:38 - Nov 17 with 1167 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s excellent but the current series is absolutely sh*te. I can’t work out whether it’s just because the contestants this time are a bit cr*p, they’re running out of ideas for tasks or as simple as there being no audience limiting the on stage banter and dragging everything else down

I’ll save mocking you for only just discovering it and instead note that it’s a good thing being on C4 now is getting it more exposure - and hopefully back on form next series (otherwise C4 will probably be kicking themselves!)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:41 - Nov 17 with 1149 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:38 - Nov 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s excellent but the current series is absolutely sh*te. I can’t work out whether it’s just because the contestants this time are a bit cr*p, they’re running out of ideas for tasks or as simple as there being no audience limiting the on stage banter and dragging everything else down

I’ll save mocking you for only just discovering it and instead note that it’s a good thing being on C4 now is getting it more exposure - and hopefully back on form next series (otherwise C4 will probably be kicking themselves!)

I was aware of it, just didn't think the concept sounded like something I'd want to watch (essentially parlour games) so didn't bother. Not sure why we did start watching, probably because there was nothing much on that night, but we gave it a go and were pleasantly surprised.

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:43 - Nov 17 with 1147 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:23 - Nov 17 by Dubtractor

Its great, but I think most of us prob already know that, from the 10 series that have already happened.

Also, the funniest thing on telly is Schitt's Creek. Its on Netflix, but I think C4 have also started showing it. Your point about warm humour definitely applies, nothing mean spirited in it at all, and so funny.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 15:24]

I did actually say there were 10 series in the OP, so not sure what your winky face is all about!

Not watched Schitt's Creek myself but the missus loves it.

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:47 - Nov 17 with 1132 viewsSuperblue95

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:38 - Nov 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Calling the current series ‘absolute sh1te’ is a bit harsh but it’s certainly fallen well short of its own very high standards thus far and I do worry that they might be running out of ideas. Is Tim Key from the first series still in charge of coming up with the task ideas? If he’s moved on since the switch to Channel 4 then that could be part of the problem.

Truly is a brilliant show though. Even when the contestants are people you don’t know or don’t like, it rarely has any negative effect on the show.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:58 - Nov 17 with 1109 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

I like Mawaan on this series but it hasn't been great.
I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 16:00 - Nov 17 with 1098 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:47 - Nov 17 by Superblue95

Calling the current series ‘absolute sh1te’ is a bit harsh but it’s certainly fallen well short of its own very high standards thus far and I do worry that they might be running out of ideas. Is Tim Key from the first series still in charge of coming up with the task ideas? If he’s moved on since the switch to Channel 4 then that could be part of the problem.

Truly is a brilliant show though. Even when the contestants are people you don’t know or don’t like, it rarely has any negative effect on the show.

I honestly think it is really. Tbh I’m only still watching it out of hope and habit really rather than looking forward to a new episode as I would have done before

I think it is in part the contestants as it’s probably only Mawaan that I’ve really found funny - which surprised me as I would have expected Johnny Vegas to be excellent but that probably goes back to the lack of audience blunting where he would be funniest. Probably doesn’t help that I just don’t find Richard Herring or Daisy May Cooper funny in the slightest

I do think the tasks may be drying up a bit though - the best tasks have tended to be the ones where either there’s a hidden message somewhere or a twist (ie. make the most exotic sandwich / now eat your sandwich, quickest wins) and they seem to have dried up a bit in the last couple of series

No idea if Key is still involved!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 16:13 - Nov 17 with 1070 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:47 - Nov 17 by Superblue95

Yeah I've started watching a series where I've thought "I don't really like (or even know) some of these people," but as it moves on they grow on you.

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 17:55 - Nov 17 with 1009 viewsEnigma_Blue

It's not bad but not as funny as Would I Lie To You, especially when Bob Mortimer is on it.
I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 17:58 - Nov 17 with 1009 viewsTrequartista

Can't see what all the fuss is about. They do some tasks and get points.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 18:09 - Nov 17 with 979 viewshatch

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 15:58 - Nov 17 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I like Mawaan on this series but it hasn't been great.

Agreed. Him trying to put helium into egg is my series highlight. I’m a huge Taskmaster fan but agreed that this season is missing something. I don’t think the tasks are requiring as much lateral thinking as usual. Literally stick spaghetti into grapefruit and making a picture out of balloons is a little weak.

Will stick by it though.

Doing a taskmaster with friends this week for my birthday incidentally. Task one is to throw a piece of paper into a bin in the most dramatic fashion so open to ideas
I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 18:24 - Nov 17 with 960 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 17:58 - Nov 17 by Trequartista

Agree. Funny in parts, but not for me.
I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 18:43 - Nov 17 with 935 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 18:09 - Nov 17 by hatch

Agreed. Him trying to put helium into egg is my series highlight. I’m a huge Taskmaster fan but agreed that this season is missing something. I don’t think the tasks are requiring as much lateral thinking as usual. Literally stick spaghetti into grapefruit and making a picture out of balloons is a little weak.

Will stick by it though.

Doing a taskmaster with friends this week for my birthday incidentally. Task one is to throw a piece of paper into a bin in the most dramatic fashion so open to ideas

A friend of ours did this for her birthday (during lockdown 1, so everything done distantly). A couple of the tasks were;

- Recreate a work of art.
- Film yourself having a staycation.
- Create something that goes viral on TikTok (most views wins).

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 20:14 - Nov 17 with 869 viewsBlueBadger

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 17:58 - Nov 17 by Trequartista

I'd avoid this 'football' thing. They score some goals and get some points.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'll tell you what, the funniest thing on TV on 20:39 - Nov 17 with 850 viewsBlueBadger

Current series isn't the strongest but it's certainly had its moments. Mawaan this season is the hidden gem and Johnny Vegas is a genius who'll bring something to pretty much every show he appears on.

[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 10:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024