Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madness. 18:11 - Nov 17 with 929 viewsjeera

Good job the UK has money to throw away:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54974373

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Madness. on 18:15 - Nov 17 with 908 viewsJ2BLUE

It's ok though. We're going to fund things like this and the contracts given to Tory cronies by robbing the foreign aid budget. At least if Sunak gets his way.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Madness. on 18:16 - Nov 17 with 903 viewsfactual_blue

He's just a hard-working businessman, trying to do his best.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Embarrassment. (n/t) on 18:16 - Nov 17 with 905 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Madness. on 18:17 - Nov 17 with 896 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, THAT's why we couldn't afford £20M for a week's free school meals during half term, we had to pay this parasite off.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Embarrassment. (n/t) on 18:18 - Nov 17 with 893 viewsBlueBadger

Embarrassment. (n/t) on 18:16 - Nov 17 by Bloots

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Madness. on 18:21 - Nov 17 with 876 viewsHARRY10

posted earlier

Just repulsive. by catch74 17 Nov 2020 13:21
Go-between paid £21m in taxpayer funds for NHS PPE https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54974373

Madness. on 18:32 - Nov 17 with 855 viewsfactual_blue

Madness. on 18:15 - Nov 17 by J2BLUE

It's ok though. We're going to fund things like this and the contracts given to Tory cronies by robbing the foreign aid budget. At least if Sunak gets his way.

Stay safe out there. by factual_blue 17 Nov 2020 16:23
It very much typifies boris's broken brexit Britain.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Madness. on 19:04 - Nov 17 with 814 viewsIllinoisblue

Madness, they call it madness

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassment. (n/t) on 21:22 - Nov 17 with 725 viewsjeera

Embarrassment. (n/t) on 18:16 - Nov 17 by Bloots

Well, we're certainly not happy about it in our house.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Embarrassment. (n/t) on 22:32 - Nov 17 with 676 viewssyntaxerror

Embarrassment. (n/t) on 21:22 - Nov 17 by jeera

Well, we're certainly not happy about it in our house.

Shut Up
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d pop this here on 08:13 - Nov 18 with 588 viewsPlums

The Good Law Project’s report from the National Audit Office. This is eye popping stuff:
https://goodlawproject.org/news/the-national-audit-office/
When you consider the sort of activities that have cost ministers and aides their political heads in the past, we really have gone through the looking glass with this lot.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d pop this here on 08:26 - Nov 18 with 580 viewsDanTheMan

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d pop this here on 08:13 - Nov 18 by Plums

The Good Law Project’s report from the National Audit Office. This is eye popping stuff:
https://goodlawproject.org/news/the-national-audit-office/
When you consider the sort of activities that have cost ministers and aides their political heads in the past, we really have gone through the looking glass with this lot.

I've very much enjoyed the Government response to this:

"As this report rightly recognises, we needed to procure contracts with extreme urgency to secure the vital supplies required to protect frontline NHS workers and the public and we make no apology for that.

We have robust processes in place for spending public money to ensure we get critical equipment to where it needs to go as quickly as possible, whilst also ensuring value for money for the taxpayer.

It is important to maintain the public's confidence in how we manage their money, and we welcome the NAO's scrutiny of our processes and recommendations on how they can be improved."

Like they were reading something else.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d pop this here on 08:42 - Nov 18 with 568 viewsTractorWood

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d pop this here on 08:26 - Nov 18 by DanTheMan

I've very much enjoyed the Government response to this:

"As this report rightly recognises, we needed to procure contracts with extreme urgency to secure the vital supplies required to protect frontline NHS workers and the public and we make no apology for that.

We have robust processes in place for spending public money to ensure we get critical equipment to where it needs to go as quickly as possible, whilst also ensuring value for money for the taxpayer.

It is important to maintain the public's confidence in how we manage their money, and we welcome the NAO's scrutiny of our processes and recommendations on how they can be improved."

Like they were reading something else.

I read that response and wondered what they were talking about. The report says they gave some bloke £20m to be a middle man with no tendering process. We only know about it because it came up in a Miami court case.

Surely any transparency would be an improvement?

I don't know a great deal about the national audit office. Assume it's a toothless gravy train.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024