Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmmmm 00:02 - Nov 19 with 16693 viewsPhilTWTD

Another thread which deteriorated into name-calling, sniping, winding-up and stirring up of old arguments. Not a particularly pleasant board to run at present. Perhaps a lighter mood tomorrow?
Hmmmm on 00:03 - Nov 19 with 3571 viewsBlueBadger

SUQ

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hmmmm on 00:09 - Nov 19 with 3551 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmmm on 00:03 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

SUQ

Doh! Where was the name calling? You just deleted the one and only post that had Paz reconsidering the idea that Boris Johnson wasn't a racist, homophobic, journalist beating skidmark.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 0:14]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hmmmm on 00:11 - Nov 19 with 3526 viewsRyorry

Hmmmm on 00:09 - Nov 19 by SpruceMoose

Doh! Where was the name calling? You just deleted the one and only post that had Paz reconsidering the idea that Boris Johnson wasn't a racist, homophobic, journalist beating skidmark.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 0:14]

Was that on the 'Sainsbury's' thread?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hmmmm on 00:12 - Nov 19 with 3540 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmmm on 00:11 - Nov 19 by Ryorry

No that's still there. Particularly ridiculous seeing as there is a seven page thread further down stuffed full of name-calling, sniping, winding-up and stirring up of old arguments.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 0:20]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hmmmm on 00:35 - Nov 19 with 3485 viewsPhilTWTD

Hmmmm on 00:12 - Nov 19 by SpruceMoose

No that's still there. Particularly ridiculous seeing as there is a seven page thread further down stuffed full of name-calling, sniping, winding-up and stirring up of old arguments.

It's gone too now, hadn't seen that. No need for all the antipathy and nastiness. Some of the other thread was really unpleasant. And for the record no one reported it, I've not been about an awful lot today and hadn't spotted how they had degenerated until I came on here a little while back. As I say, think the forum could benefit from being a bit lighter in tone, from my perspective as much as anyone else's.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hmmmm on 01:24 - Nov 19 with 3409 viewsjeera

Not the Sainsburys' advert thread?

Or am I just not spotting it?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hmmmm on 01:52 - Nov 19 with 3408 viewsBlueBadger

Hmmmm on 00:11 - Nov 19 by Ryorry

Blimey, last I looked at that one it was just people wondering 'what sort of f*ckwit gets upset by this kind of thing'.

I'm guessing that the f*ckwits who get upset by that sort of thing turned up.

Or, I made an ill guarded comment about potatoes and Dolles saw it.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hmmmm on 01:58 - Nov 19 with 3390 viewsjeera

Hmmmm on 01:52 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

Blimey, last I looked at that one it was just people wondering 'what sort of f*ckwit gets upset by this kind of thing'.

Not much there to be disagreeable about was there?

Saw this article earlier but I don't know if it had already been posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/sainsburys-christmas-advert-black-family-ra

Login to get fewer ads

Hmmmm on 03:20 - Nov 19 with 3348 viewsIllinoisblue

Hmmmm on 00:35 - Nov 19 by PhilTWTD

It's gone too now, hadn't seen that. No need for all the antipathy and nastiness. Some of the other thread was really unpleasant. And for the record no one reported it, I've not been about an awful lot today and hadn't spotted how they had degenerated until I came on here a little while back. As I say, think the forum could benefit from being a bit lighter in tone, from my perspective as much as anyone else's.

This post has been edited by an administrator

International break. Every single time, without fail.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hmmmm on 06:10 - Nov 19 with 3310 viewssolomon

To be fair, every time antisemitism is mentioned on here or the issues the of late within political parties, a fringe element have been allowed to deny and rubbish it’s even existed, this should have been dealt with a long time ago. From what I can see just about everyone on here is united and robust in their rejection of ALL forms of persecution and discrimination (as is the club we all follow) and I have no doubt that no one here is antiSemitic or islamaphobic in any way (regardless of how they may appear in text) or blatantly and outright racist, it seems it’s time maybe to reflect on what is being allowed that may be morally offensive?
Hmmmm on 06:25 - Nov 19 with 3273 viewsDarth_Koont

Hmmmm on 06:10 - Nov 19 by solomon

To be fair, every time antisemitism is mentioned on here or the issues the of late within political parties, a fringe element have been allowed to deny and rubbish it’s even existed, this should have been dealt with a long time ago. From what I can see just about everyone on here is united and robust in their rejection of ALL forms of persecution and discrimination (as is the club we all follow) and I have no doubt that no one here is antiSemitic or islamaphobic in any way (regardless of how they may appear in text) or blatantly and outright racist, it seems it’s time maybe to reflect on what is being allowed that may be morally offensive?

“a fringe element have been allowed to deny and rubbish it’s even existed”

What is wrong with you? That has literally never happened on here.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hmmmm on 06:34 - Nov 19 with 3253 viewsfactual_blue

All I did was mention a cheese and marmite sausage.

Some people.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hmmmm on 06:52 - Nov 19 with 3240 viewsjeera

Hmmmm on 06:10 - Nov 19 by solomon

This is a blatant lie and you should be banned for even suggesting it.

What a disgusting cowardly display.

Edit: "Every time".

According to your own profile you didn't join this forum until May this year.

You are not in a position to say what has and hasn't been said in the past on here.

[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 6:58]

Hmmmm on 07:10 - Nov 19 with 3186 viewsfactual_blue

On the TWTD Scale Of Disapproving Noises, is 'Hmmmm' more disapproving than 'Ahem'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hmmmm on 07:14 - Nov 19 with 3177 viewsOldsmoker

Hmmmm on 07:10 - Nov 19 by factual_blue

On the TWTD Scale Of Disapproving Noises, is 'Hmmmm' more disapproving than 'Ahem'?

Hmmmm is definitely more disapproving tham ahem.
Count the ems.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Hmmmm on 07:25 - Nov 19 with 3165 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hmmmm on 01:52 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

I never saw either of the threads in question let alone commented on them. And having a pop at me about my job when I'm about to be made redundant during a pandemic is a pretty low blow. We all have different skills so I'm very sorry mine happened to be in words/ideas rather than the nursing profession.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hmmmm on 07:25 - Nov 19 with 3168 viewsFunge

Hmmmm on 06:52 - Nov 19 by jeera

This is a blatant lie and you should be banned for even suggesting it.

What a disgusting cowardly display.

Edit: "Every time".

According to your own profile you didn't join this forum until May this year.

You are not in a position to say what has and hasn't been said in the past on here.

[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 6:58]

Sorry, I completely disagree with you here.

A quick look back through his posts will show that Solomon is Jewish (not massively surprising).

I would therefore suggest that this issue is particularly pertinent to him (to say the least).

His forum arrival is of precisely no consequence, being that he, along with any other member, can review any other members previous post history.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 7:26]
Hmmmm on 07:32 - Nov 19 with 3148 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hmmmm on 07:25 - Nov 19 by Funge

Sorry, I completely disagree with you here.

A quick look back through his posts will show that Solomon is Jewish (not massively surprising).

I would therefore suggest that this issue is particularly pertinent to him (to say the least).

His forum arrival is of precisely no consequence, being that he, along with any other member, can review any other members previous post history.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 7:26]

If you disagree then kindly link me to where people have denied antisemitism's even existed, because I haven't seen it.

Hmmmm on 07:36 - Nov 19 with 3128 viewsFunge

Hmmmm on 07:32 - Nov 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

If you disagree then kindly link me to where people have denied antisemitism's even existed, because I haven't seen it.

Go away Dolly, I wasn't talking to you.
Hmmmm on 07:38 - Nov 19 with 3124 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hmmmm on 07:36 - Nov 19 by Funge

This is a public forum. If you're claiming people have denied antisemitism exists on here then put up or shut up.

Hmmmm on 07:45 - Nov 19 with 3099 viewsDarth_Koont

Hmmmm on 07:36 - Nov 19 by Funge

He’s still got a point though.

The characterisation of a fringe and what Phil has supposedly permitted is way off.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hmmmm on 07:56 - Nov 19 with 3018 viewsGlasgowBlue

Was that the one with the endless and tedious “middle class white boys” sniping, “Gammon faced timeshare conman” defamation of character and “can’t mask racism behind a love of Luther Vandross” comment?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hmmmm on 07:57 - Nov 19 with 3021 viewslowhouseblue

Hmmmm on 07:45 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

The characterisation of a fringe and what Phil has supposedly permitted is way off.

on every single occasion you have denied the seriousness of the anti-semitism problem in the labour party. every time. despite the ehrc report. repetitive, obsessive, and with a few divided loyalty tropes thrown in for good measure.

anyone who has read your stuff knows this.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Hmmmm on 07:58 - Nov 19 with 3014 viewsHerbivore

You guys need to get your houses in order. Bunch of petty, argumentative pricks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hmmmm on 07:59 - Nov 19 with 3017 viewsFunge

Hmmmm on 07:45 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

Jewish bloke posts on provincial football forum about his perception of anti-Semitism within.

He is then told that he is a liar, a coward, and that he hasn't been here long enough to talk about the matter.

I want no part of that, at all. Fck that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024