Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmmmm 00:02 - Nov 19 with 16727 viewsPhilTWTD

Another thread which deteriorated into name-calling, sniping, winding-up and stirring up of old arguments. Not a particularly pleasant board to run at present. Perhaps a lighter mood tomorrow?
Hmmmm on 12:48 - Nov 19 with 1789 viewsHerbivore

Hmmmm on 12:01 - Nov 19 by Keno

or one of these?

[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 12:04]

The finger that's being kept extended is the one that should be tucking in. Weird.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hmmmm on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 1733 viewsDarth_Koont

Hmmmm on 11:57 - Nov 19 by noggin

Anyone who accuses DK of being an anti semite really hasn't read his posts on the matter. In fact, I'd say he's the only poster who puts any effort into explaining his stance. Most on here use soundbites on this subject.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 11:59]

Cheers for that. Not sure how good I am at it but that’s at least the intention anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hmmmm on 13:24 - Nov 19 with 1728 viewseireblue

Hmmmm on 12:48 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

The finger that's being kept extended is the one that should be tucking in. Weird.

Probably invented by one of the ITFC medical team members.

“Cruciate ligament hurts a bit you say, hmmmm, you’ll need to strap into one of my new inventions, don’t worry ME will pay for it.”
Hmmmm on 13:50 - Nov 19 with 1682 viewsSwailsey

Can we get this thread back on track please?

Spruce, you're a pr*ck.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Hmmmm on 13:51 - Nov 19 with 1677 viewsfooters

Hmmmm on 13:50 - Nov 19 by Swailsey

Spruce, you're a pr*ck.

You can pipe down until you've found who said it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hmmmm on 13:51 - Nov 19 with 1678 views26_Paz

Hmmmm on 00:09 - Nov 19 by SpruceMoose

Doh! Where was the name calling? You just deleted the one and only post that had Paz reconsidering the idea that Boris Johnson wasn't a racist, homophobic, journalist beating skidmark.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 0:14]

I don’t think either of us were the guilty party on this one!

The Paz Man

Hmmmm on 13:52 - Nov 19 with 1676 viewsSwailsey

Hmmmm on 13:51 - Nov 19 by footers

You can pipe down until you've found who said it.

You could help? There's an idea.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Hmmmm on 13:52 - Nov 19 with 1675 viewsSwailsey

Hmmmm on 13:52 - Nov 19 by Swailsey

You could help? There's an idea.

Sorry, I'm not mad at you, just Colin.

Login to get fewer ads

Hmmmm on 13:54 - Nov 19 with 1664 viewsfooters

No worries. I know this has been a hard road for you. I will try to help where I can.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hmmmm on 14:01 - Nov 19 with 1629 viewsBlueBadger

Hmmmm on 07:25 - Nov 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

I never saw either of the threads in question let alone commented on them. And having a pop at me about my job when I'm about to be made redundant during a pandemic is a pretty low blow. We all have different skills so I'm very sorry mine happened to be in words/ideas rather than the nursing profession.

Dollers, I honestly had no idea you were facing down redundancy, so I am happy to withdraw that and apologise fully.

And perhaps replace it with a comment about potatoes instead?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hmmmm on 14:02 - Nov 19 with 1614 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Go f*ck yourself

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hmmmm on 14:15 - Nov 19 with 1631 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmmm on 13:51 - Nov 19 by 26_Paz

I don’t think either of us were the guilty party on this one!

Indeed! We kept our sparring pretty decent and focused! That seven pager is still festering further down the page - and we aren't involved in that one either!

Glad you saw the light about BJ though. Maybe there's hope for our friendship yet!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:16]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hmmmm on 14:16 - Nov 19 with 1580 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmmm on 13:50 - Nov 19 by Swailsey

Spruce, you're a pr*ck.

You didn't say that when you texted me a minute ago

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hmmmm on 14:19 - Nov 19 with 1568 viewseireblue

Hmmmm on 14:16 - Nov 19 by SpruceMoose

You didn't say that when you texted me a minute ago

I think he meant to type “Your pr*ck”, in response to that picture you texted.
Hmmmm on 14:21 - Nov 19 with 1555 viewsgiant_stow

Hmmmm on 06:52 - Nov 19 by jeera

This is a blatant lie and you should be banned for even suggesting it.

What a disgusting cowardly display.

Edit: "Every time".

According to your own profile you didn't join this forum until May this year.

You are not in a position to say what has and hasn't been said in the past on here.

[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 6:58]

Are the up arrowers to this post really agreeing that Solomon should be banned?! Or that his post was "a disgusting cowardly display"?! Or that newer posters should affectively be seen and not heard?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:30]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hmmmm on 14:24 - Nov 19 with 1546 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmmm on 14:19 - Nov 19 by eireblue

I think he meant to type “Your pr*ck”, in response to that picture you texted.

That would make sense. Between you and me he actually calls it Colin.

Hmmmm on 14:24 - Nov 19 with 1545 viewssolomon

Hmmmm on 06:52 - Nov 19 by jeera

This is a blatant lie and you should be banned for even suggesting it.

What a disgusting cowardly display.

Edit: "Every time".

According to your own profile you didn't join this forum until May this year.

You are not in a position to say what has and hasn't been said in the past on here.

[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 6:58]

I’m Sorry you disagree, it is my opinion and I am entitled to it as you are to yours. Although I may strongly disagree with your view point I have no desire to see you banned, I’m aware you have not been fond of me or my posting history and I’m sorry my recent appearance on this forum has caused you to feel this way. You are of course well within your rights to speak to Phil and request my account deleted.

But don’t think for one moment that this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.
Hmmmm on 14:26 - Nov 19 with 1537 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmmm on 14:21 - Nov 19 by giant_stow

Are the up arrowers to this post really agreeing that Solomon should be banned?! Or that his post was "a disgusting cowardly display"?! Or that newer posters should affectively be seen and not heard?

Mainly the first part before the ban bit. No bans needed. It isn't true, and I'd be surprised that anyone would openly attack Phil in such a manner. You're basically saying that he allows antisemitism on here.

Do you think he does Ulla?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:28]

Hmmmm on 14:30 - Nov 19 with 1513 viewsVaughan8

Just all his "mates" backing him up. It has got a bit like this on here recently especially if it is political.
Hmmmm on 14:31 - Nov 19 with 1506 viewsgiant_stow

Hmmmm on 14:26 - Nov 19 by SpruceMoose

Mainly the first part before the ban bit. No bans needed. It isn't true, and I'd be surprised that anyone would openly attack Phil in such a manner. You're basically saying that he allows antisemitism on here.

Do you think he does Ulla?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:28]

No I don’t. I’ve praised Phil before on keeping the balance well. I’m just a little shocked at the support for a post which is so spiteful and frankly, sh1tty
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:31]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hmmmm on 14:33 - Nov 19 with 1486 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmmm on 14:31 - Nov 19 by giant_stow

No I don’t. I’ve praised Phil before on keeping the balance well. I’m just a little shocked at the support for a post which is so spiteful and frankly, sh1tty
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:31]

Well you asked why I upvoted it so I told you. The tone is Jeera's own business but clearly he feels he has his reasons for running out of patience for the way this issue is discussed on here. You'll have to take it up with him.

Personally I'm glad that Phil has a greater appreciation of nuance than has been displayed by several of the people involved in the same discussions year after year.

That's all I have to say on the subject because at this point anything else is just wasted. This serious topic has become so toxic and soaked in old feuds and digs as to be entirely undiscussable on here.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 14:40]

Hmmmm on 14:38 - Nov 19 with 1459 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I uparrowed Jeera's post more for the general sentiment - that it's out of order to say people have posted anti-semitism doesn't exist. That is an error at best and a lie at worst, and it does a disservice to not only the posters of TWTD, but Phil and the admins.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hmmmm on 14:39 - Nov 19 with 1454 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hmmmm on 14:24 - Nov 19 by solomon

I’m Sorry you disagree, it is my opinion and I am entitled to it as you are to yours. Although I may strongly disagree with your view point I have no desire to see you banned, I’m aware you have not been fond of me or my posting history and I’m sorry my recent appearance on this forum has caused you to feel this way. You are of course well within your rights to speak to Phil and request my account deleted.

But don’t think for one moment that this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

But your opinion is wrong, and thus offensive. No-one has posted that antisemitism doesn't exist.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hmmmm on 14:41 - Nov 19 with 1445 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The theory that older and regular posters hold more weight on here than newbies and younger posters has been around by some on here for many years since even before I joint. It’s ridiculous frankly.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hmmmm on 14:41 - Nov 19 with 1436 viewsKeno

Hmmmm on 14:41 - Nov 19 by The_Romford_Blue

The theory that older and regular posters hold more weight on here than newbies and younger posters has been around by some on here for many years since even before I joint. It’s ridiculous frankly.

Shut it Junior

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024