Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmmmm 00:02 - Nov 19 with 16730 viewsPhilTWTD

Another thread which deteriorated into name-calling, sniping, winding-up and stirring up of old arguments. Not a particularly pleasant board to run at present. Perhaps a lighter mood tomorrow?
Hmmmm on 17:02 - Nov 19 with 2523 viewsSwailsey

Hmmmm on 16:51 - Nov 19 by clive_baker

Presumably this was meant for Keno's 'things we can all agree on' thread?

My heart.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Hmmmm on 17:02 - Nov 19 with 2512 viewsfooters

Hmmmm on 17:00 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

That type of thing really happens?

It's more like a Eldorado on here than I ever envisioned.

SB
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 17:00]

Some posters even threaten others with IRL legal action. Strange, but true.

(I am of course excluding the Virtual Restraining Order from this.)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hmmmm on 17:02 - Nov 19 with 2521 viewsHerbivore

Hmmmm on 16:51 - Nov 19 by clive_baker

Presumably this was meant for Keno's 'things we can all agree on' thread?

Sick burn.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hmmmm on 17:02 - Nov 19 with 2522 viewsSwailsey

Hmmmm on 16:55 - Nov 19 by factual_blue

Although, to be honest, nobody would want to look like either of you.

Or like me.

Hey!

I'm a strong 4/10.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Hmmmm on 17:04 - Nov 19 with 2514 viewsHerbivore

Hmmmm on 16:59 - Nov 19 by footers

Clear wind-up merchant. Why people bother replying to anything he says seriously, I have no idea.

Spruce or Chutney?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hmmmm on 17:06 - Nov 19 with 2489 viewsfooters

Hmmmm on 17:04 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

Spruce or Chutney?

Good point, well made.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How's this thread working out for you Phil......? on 17:06 - Nov 19 with 2500 viewshoppy

How's this thread working out for you Phil......? on 15:29 - Nov 19 by Bloots

.....have you considered limiting the amount of times people can post in a 24 hour period?

It might help users be a little more selective and thoughtful with their responses.

No it wouldn't.

I'd probably run out of my quota just at that moment I was about to post a serious post and I'd have forgotten by the following day.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Hmmmm on 17:07 - Nov 19 with 2483 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmmm on 17:04 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

Spruce or Chutney?

Definitely me. I'm the thinking man's Bluefish.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Hmmmm on 17:43 - Nov 19 with 2426 viewsRyorry

Hmmmm on 06:10 - Nov 19 by solomon

To be fair, every time antisemitism is mentioned on here or the issues the of late within political parties, a fringe element have been allowed to deny and rubbish it’s even existed, this should have been dealt with a long time ago. From what I can see just about everyone on here is united and robust in their rejection of ALL forms of persecution and discrimination (as is the club we all follow) and I have no doubt that no one here is antiSemitic or islamaphobic in any way (regardless of how they may appear in text) or blatantly and outright racist, it seems it’s time maybe to reflect on what is being allowed that may be morally offensive?

Sorry to go back to this post again Solomon, but re-reading it more thoroughly, I'm puzzled - maybe I'm not getting something, but it looks like you are contradicting yourself within it?

Firstly you say "a fringe element have been allowed to deny and rubbish it’s even existed" then later on you say "I have no doubt that no one here is antiSemitic or islamaphobic in any way (regardless of how they may appear in text) or blatantly and outright racist".

Could you clarify please? I mean could it be that 8 pages (is it now?) of hot debate are based on a misunderstanding or lack of clarity? (wouldn't be the first time on here I reckon!)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hmmmm on 18:15 - Nov 19 with 2395 viewsbrogansnose

Hmmmm on 07:38 - Nov 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

This is a public forum. If you're claiming people have denied antisemitism exists on here then put up or shut up.

Oh, I don't know. Once upon a time I seem to recall a poster on here saying something about Lee Martin's nose.
How's this thread working out for you Phil......? on 18:21 - Nov 19 with 2392 viewsDubtractor

How's this thread working out for you Phil......? on 15:40 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

Could be an earner as well.

Like those games where you buy coins or whatever, you could buy an extra post allowance.

Should fund TWTD for years to come.

SB

Could we do it like carbon trading, where those of us that don't use our allowance can trade them to prolific posters?

We could create a dynamic market on it. Some of the gambling types on here would love it.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 18:22]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hmmmm on 18:30 - Nov 19 with 2373 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hmmmm on 18:15 - Nov 19 by brogansnose

Oh, I don't know. Once upon a time I seem to recall a poster on here saying something about Lee Martin's nose.

eh?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hmmmm on 18:31 - Nov 19 with 2361 viewsjaykay

Hmmmm on 14:41 - Nov 19 by The_Romford_Blue

The theory that older and regular posters hold more weight on here than newbies and younger posters has been around by some on here for many years since even before I joint. It’s ridiculous frankly.

the inferior complex doesn't suit you rommers. jeera never mention younger posters. his first part was exactly what phil told solomon weeks ago. he doesn't allow anti semitism on twtd after he posted this

We seem happy to let various posts on antisemitism and debates regarding it’s validity ride along pretty much unchecked for quite some time now, it wasn’t too long ago that someone was even allowed to have a doctored swastika as their avatar. Have rules by all means but let’s please ensure they are applied evenly
so its the second time he has accused twtd of this . so i think jeera was pulling him up like phil did weeks ago

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Hmmmm on 18:39 - Nov 19 with 2353 viewssolomon

Hmmmm on 15:29 - Nov 19 by PhilTWTD

Of course, and I'd welcome your continued input on this issue going forward.

We will see, it’s 50/50 at the moment.
Hmmmm on 18:41 - Nov 19 with 2331 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hmmmm on 18:39 - Nov 19 by solomon

Your input on the subject would be a great loss to the board.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hmmmm on 18:43 - Nov 19 with 2345 viewssolomon

Hmmmm on 18:31 - Nov 19 by jaykay

the inferior complex doesn't suit you rommers. jeera never mention younger posters. his first part was exactly what phil told solomon weeks ago. he doesn't allow anti semitism on twtd after he posted this

We seem happy to let various posts on antisemitism and debates regarding it’s validity ride along pretty much unchecked for quite some time now, it wasn’t too long ago that someone was even allowed to have a doctored swastika as their avatar. Have rules by all means but let’s please ensure they are applied evenly
so its the second time he has accused twtd of this . so i think jeera was pulling him up like phil did weeks ago

I do apologise , it’s crazy that we find swastikas offensive or insensitive . Silly me
Hmmmm on 18:48 - Nov 19 with 2311 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hmmmm on 18:43 - Nov 19 by solomon

I do apologise , it’s crazy that we find swastikas offensive or insensitive . Silly me

Seablu has had to remove two offensive avatars due to them being in breach of the IHRA definition. He hasn't ever posted on the subject but simply uses these avatars to bait people with Jewish family connections who have had the nerve to speak out against antisemitism.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 18:48]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hmmmm on 18:54 - Nov 19 with 2297 viewsRyorry

Hmmmm on 18:41 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

Your input on the subject would be a great loss to the board.

Did you forget to put "lack of" in there? 🤔

Hmmmm on 18:58 - Nov 19 with 2273 viewsRyorry

Hmmmm on 18:39 - Nov 19 by solomon

Did you see my post of 17.43 asking if you could clarify your first post on the thread? (in which you basically said both that there was antisemitism on the forum and that there wasn't). It might help sort things out if you could 👍
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 18:59]

Hmmmm on 19:13 - Nov 19 with 2234 viewsm14_blue

Hmmmm on 08:53 - Nov 19 by PhilTWTD

Even if I disagree with Solomon's comment, I agree with you that he has a right to comment without being chastised just because he is a relatively recently registered poster.

Of course, there isn't one uniform view from posters from any particular ethnicity. Another Jewish poster a while ago complained that the issue was being politicised on here by those seeking to put the boot in on Labour.

Tbf I think Jeera has been misrepresented a bit here.

He wasn’t saying that new posters don’t have a right to comment, or that they aren’t entitled to their opinions. He was saying that they perhaps aren’t in the best position to comment on what has been said on here in the past or what the attitude of posters or admin has ‘always’ been.

I don’t necessarily agree, solomon may well have been reading for years before registering, but it’s a quite reasonable position and completely different to him making out new posters shouldn’t ever challenge established ones, which is how it’s been portrayed.
Hmmmm on 22:16 - Nov 19 with 2103 viewsmonytowbray

Hmmmm on 14:43 - Nov 19 by The_Romford_Blue

‘Opinions’ can’t be wrong. Only facts can.

Solomon is giving his opinion on a subject and I think he’s obviously well within his right to give his take on it without being told his opinion is meaningless because he’s not a regular poster.

Opinions can be very wrong if not informed by fact.

The right to hold stupid opinions is where humanity has continually flushed itself down a toilet over and over.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Hmmmm on 22:28 - Nov 19 with 2089 viewsmonytowbray

Hmmmm on 18:31 - Nov 19 by jaykay

It’s also in reference to my avatar that was a shot at the Tory party after the election.

If the point I was making isn’t staring you in the face now with the ride 2020 has been, you’ll never see it.

In fact, I started watching Hitler’s Circle of Evil last night and the parallels between how the Farage Party has used similar tactics through Bannon/Mercer funding alongside Murdoch’s Media and Zuckerberg’s network to influence the Conservative government is alarming. We have the radicalised at the wheel now. Last month Tom Hunt was spouting anti-Semetic Nazi-born conspiracy in the HoP. That should worry you more than my edgelord avatar.

Likening things with a want for fascist control, anti-minority propaganda and outright lies for power gain to the Nazis isn’t anti-semitism. There was even a whole thread off the back of that where it was explained. You don’t have to agree with the image or even the sentiment, but you also shouldn’t twist reality.

There are plenty of Punk bands over the years who have used Nazi imagery to make an anti-fascist point and I find the fact all context has been removed more offensive than the original image itself.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 22:33]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Hmmmm on 10:50 - Nov 20 with 1950 viewswoiii

Hmmmm on 22:28 - Nov 19 by monytowbray

It’s also in reference to my avatar that was a shot at the Tory party after the election.

If the point I was making isn’t staring you in the face now with the ride 2020 has been, you’ll never see it.

In fact, I started watching Hitler’s Circle of Evil last night and the parallels between how the Farage Party has used similar tactics through Bannon/Mercer funding alongside Murdoch’s Media and Zuckerberg’s network to influence the Conservative government is alarming. We have the radicalised at the wheel now. Last month Tom Hunt was spouting anti-Semetic Nazi-born conspiracy in the HoP. That should worry you more than my edgelord avatar.

Likening things with a want for fascist control, anti-minority propaganda and outright lies for power gain to the Nazis isn’t anti-semitism. There was even a whole thread off the back of that where it was explained. You don’t have to agree with the image or even the sentiment, but you also shouldn’t twist reality.

There are plenty of Punk bands over the years who have used Nazi imagery to make an anti-fascist point and I find the fact all context has been removed more offensive than the original image itself.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 22:33]

and hasn't BJ just announced an increase in defence spending?? Too much of a coincidence if you ask me.... We're deffo going to build a ton of tanks and annex the sudetenland before the next election
Hmmmm on 11:09 - Nov 20 with 1930 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hmmmm on 10:50 - Nov 20 by woiii

and hasn't BJ just announced an increase in defence spending?? Too much of a coincidence if you ask me.... We're deffo going to build a ton of tanks and annex the sudetenland before the next election

I read that as "sunderland".

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024