Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. 15:21 - Nov 19 with 1431 viewscatch74

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-supermarkets-most-common-exposure-setting-fo

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:25 - Nov 19 with 1403 viewsCoco

Only if it's on offer.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:36 - Nov 19 with 1359 viewsMookamoo

Maybe people will stop just blaming school kids and look at themselves when dossing round Tescos for something to do.
Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:37 - Nov 19 with 1355 viewsSteve_M

Two things to note here:

1. Over that week (9-16 Nov) supermarkets were one of the few places people could go to;
2. Figures for private houses wont be reliable because people won't have checked in on the App there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:38 - Nov 19 with 1342 viewscatch74

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:36 - Nov 19 by Mookamoo

Maybe people will stop just blaming school kids and look at themselves when dossing round Tescos for something to do.

Schools just behind supermarkets.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:38 - Nov 19 with 1346 viewsgainsboroughblue

The most noticeable thing about the first 'lockdown' was the queuing outside Co-op, Sainsburys and the like and people shopping without partners, kids etc with them.

This time around, it doesn't feel any different to normal.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:40 - Nov 19 with 1339 viewstractorboy1978

I saw a good 150 or so walking to school this morning - chatting and walking along in groups, not one mask to be seen. We really are p!ssing in the wind.
Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:47 - Nov 19 with 1308 viewseireblue

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:40 - Nov 19 by tractorboy1978

I saw a good 150 or so walking to school this morning - chatting and walking along in groups, not one mask to be seen. We really are p!ssing in the wind.

P1ssing in the wind is usually still quite safe, with the usual provisos, re wind direction and tent based location considerations.
Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:48 - Nov 19 with 1304 viewsMookamoo

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:38 - Nov 19 by catch74

Schools just behind supermarkets.

Thats to be expected. There are a fair few I've spoken to are putting the blame fully onto the shoulders of those under 18's for the second wave while bleating that they can't go to the pub. These are the ones who are walking two paces behind the wife in Tesco because they're bored at home on a Saturday morning, failing to see how they are also the problem.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 15:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 16:44 - Nov 19 with 1196 viewsHARRY10

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:25 - Nov 19 by Coco

Only if it's on offer.

a sort of BOGOFFF

buy one get flu for free
Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 16:57 - Nov 19 with 1163 viewsfactual_blue

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 15:47 - Nov 19 by eireblue

P1ssing in the wind is usually still quite safe, with the usual provisos, re wind direction and tent based location considerations.

Are you able to identify any problems around punching your way out of a paper bag?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 18:04 - Nov 19 with 1112 viewsFreddies_Ears

That data does not say that people caught Covid at a supermarket. It merely observes that just under 20% of people who had caught Covid had been to a supermarket.
Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 18:12 - Nov 19 with 1096 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

i popped in Tescos on my run this morning and the assistant behind the counter was saying to a guy "You need to wear a mask next time you come in." He said, "Oh, ok," as if it was the first time he'd heard of such a notion.

Unbelievable.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 20:38 - Nov 19 with 998 viewspeterleeblue

The supermarkets are now taking the P!ss.

In March they were steadfast in their implications of COVID measures.
Limited numbers, sanitised trolleys, one ways systems, queuing systems, free masks etc.

Now apart from a token sanitise station and screens at checkouts there are no controls whatsoever. Asda seem to be the worst just allowing the daily scrummages without any form of Social distancing for Xmas goodies as their customers stock up on Celebrations, Family Circle and Mince Pies.

Most chains have stocked up hard on gift items to snatch the business that might have gone to the independent store now deemed unessential but has been pacified by the generosity of a paltry £2k lockdown grant.

The whole thing absolutely stinks.
Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 21:44 - Nov 19 with 929 viewsDebsyAngel

Supermarkets - most likely place to get Covid. on 20:38 - Nov 19 by peterleeblue

The supermarkets are now taking the P!ss.

In March they were steadfast in their implications of COVID measures.
Limited numbers, sanitised trolleys, one ways systems, queuing systems, free masks etc.

Now apart from a token sanitise station and screens at checkouts there are no controls whatsoever. Asda seem to be the worst just allowing the daily scrummages without any form of Social distancing for Xmas goodies as their customers stock up on Celebrations, Family Circle and Mince Pies.

Most chains have stocked up hard on gift items to snatch the business that might have gone to the independent store now deemed unessential but has been pacified by the generosity of a paltry £2k lockdown grant.

The whole thing absolutely stinks.

Agree totally. Not seen anyone queueing outside shops at all in this lockdown. Some places do still have someone on the door, but not Superdrug or Savers. Wilko, Sainsburys and Boots all do. Not all shops have hand gel either. I take my own wipes with me to do basket handles and handrails as don't trust they are cleaned as much as they should be. Also take hand gel and use it at every opportunity and clean all what I buy and the bags I use too. Maybe I am being over-cautious, but that's just me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024