Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pick 1 striker to go into our side now 07:19 - Nov 20 with 2615 viewsBluefish

Needs to be based on their prime while at ITFC and needs to fit into our current system

Bent
Counago
Kuqi
Lee
McGoldrick
Murphy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 07:30 - Nov 20 with 2226 viewsPJH

To best fit into our current system I suppose the 2014/15 Murphy.
Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 07:40 - Nov 20 with 2197 viewsBluefish

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 07:30 - Nov 20 by PJH

To best fit into our current system I suppose the 2014/15 Murphy.

I think i agree, closely followed by Pablo and then Lee.

Great example of why the best player isn't always the right player, it is about systems

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:04 - Nov 20 with 2150 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whymark.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:05 - Nov 20 with 2151 viewsBluefish

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:04 - Nov 20 by GlasgowBlue

Whymark.

He isn't on the list mate. I tried to make it alphabetical for you older type to be able to read easily

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:11 - Nov 20 with 2133 viewsDubtractor

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 07:40 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

I think i agree, closely followed by Pablo and then Lee.

Great example of why the best player isn't always the right player, it is about systems

Yep. Those 3 in that order.

All had the ability to hold the ball, and importantly to use it intelligently, and all were good for a few goals.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:13 - Nov 20 with 2126 viewsMalcolmBlue

A young Counago for me please

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:15 - Nov 20 with 2121 viewsPlums

Murphy.
If Bent was with us now, he’d be playing wide on the left.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:17 - Nov 20 with 2119 viewsBluefish

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:13 - Nov 20 by MalcolmBlue

A young Counago for me please

The more I see videos of him the better and better he looks. He was unplayable at times. Murphy had everything though

My favourite 2 to watch in that list were Counago and McGoldrick

Login to get fewer ads

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:18 - Nov 20 with 2116 viewsBluefish

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:15 - Nov 20 by Plums

Murphy.
If Bent was with us now, he’d be playing wide on the left.

Under Lambert ahead of Sears or Judge? No chance he'd be battling Jackson for a place on the bench at best but more likely Lambert would be trying to send him to Crawley

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:26 - Nov 20 with 2094 viewsSomethingBlue

Murphy then Kuqi.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:26 - Nov 20 with 2096 viewsGuthrum

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:05 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

He isn't on the list mate. I tried to make it alphabetical for you older type to be able to read easily

But failed to include the words "from this list". I immediately thought of Whymark too.

Think Bent, Kuqi, Lee or Murphy would go better than Counago or McGoldrick. The supply-chain would have to be more effective for the latter two. Didn't get to see enough of Bent, so would have to go for Murphy, for his all-round forward play.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:29 - Nov 20 with 2088 viewsBluefish

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:26 - Nov 20 by SomethingBlue

Murphy then Kuqi.

Kuqi? Blimey

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:33 - Nov 20 with 2076 viewsBluefish

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:26 - Nov 20 by Guthrum

But failed to include the words "from this list". I immediately thought of Whymark too.

Think Bent, Kuqi, Lee or Murphy would go better than Counago or McGoldrick. The supply-chain would have to be more effective for the latter two. Didn't get to see enough of Bent, so would have to go for Murphy, for his all-round forward play.

In my mind I wrote fron this list

Bent and Kuqi would struggle to play isolated back to goal hold up with our pass pass hoof tactics

When I say struggle I mean would have no chance at all

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:38 - Nov 20 with 2068 viewsGuthrum

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:33 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

In my mind I wrote fron this list

Bent and Kuqi would struggle to play isolated back to goal hold up with our pass pass hoof tactics

When I say struggle I mean would have no chance at all

I really don't think that strikers are our primary problem at the moment. It would be nice if Hawkins scored more often, but he's being used more as a hold-up player than a goalscorer. Latterly, we're lacking the penetration to set up the chances, exacerbated by keep sending the ball to the backs to be casually passed about.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:46 - Nov 20 with 2036 viewsBluefish

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:38 - Nov 20 by Guthrum

I really don't think that strikers are our primary problem at the moment. It would be nice if Hawkins scored more often, but he's being used more as a hold-up player than a goalscorer. Latterly, we're lacking the penetration to set up the chances, exacerbated by keep sending the ball to the backs to be casually passed about.

Precisely why I am saying Kuqi wouldn't work he had the touch of gwion or quaner

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:48 - Nov 20 with 2025 viewshype313

I would happily sell all of those to have one Peak Marcus Stewart.

We could start the promotion party now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:51 - Nov 20 with 2017 viewsBluefish

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:48 - Nov 20 by hype313

I would happily sell all of those to have one Peak Marcus Stewart.

We could start the promotion party now.

Wonderful player but he'd struggle in the current system receiving 60 yard balls back to goal with no one within 40 yards from our team

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:55 - Nov 20 with 2006 viewshype313

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:51 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Wonderful player but he'd struggle in the current system receiving 60 yard balls back to goal with no one within 40 yards from our team

That's what I mean, his touch was so sublime that he could catch those 60 yarders without the need of a man near him, for him to then construct a goal from nothing.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:59 - Nov 20 with 1994 viewsMonkeyAlan

Paul Mariner. He would hold the ball up, brilliant in the air, would bring others into play. Failing that Trevor Whymark.
Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 09:00 - Nov 20 with 1993 viewsRobTheMonk

Murphy was ridiculous during that one season.
Rory Fallon. (n/t) on 09:02 - Nov 20 with 1988 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 09:12 - Nov 20 with 1968 viewsSwansea_Blue

Batistuta

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 09:15 - Nov 20 with 1957 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

If that's Marcus Bent, then I am having him.
Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 09:15 - Nov 20 with 1958 viewsitfcjoe

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 08:46 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Precisely why I am saying Kuqi wouldn't work he had the touch of gwion or quaner

I think he'd be able to bulldoze a path through just by sheer force of effort rather than ability and properly occupy the 2 centre halves.

The answer is probably Murphy, but I'd go for McGoldrick and push the wide forwards closer to play in the spaces he'll create by oozing quality

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 09:18 - Nov 20 with 1950 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pick 1 striker to go into our side now on 09:15 - Nov 20 by itfcjoe

I think he'd be able to bulldoze a path through just by sheer force of effort rather than ability and properly occupy the 2 centre halves.

The answer is probably Murphy, but I'd go for McGoldrick and push the wide forwards closer to play in the spaces he'll create by oozing quality

The answer has to be Mariner, Shirley? If we need a classic number 9 who can both occupy the centre halfs, set things up and score then I don't think we've had much better. Much better than Murph for consistently longer imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024