Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bullying is A - OK peeps! 11:56 - Nov 20 with 4929 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076

Gotta love this Government.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 11:56]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:50 - Nov 20 with 1002 viewsBluefish

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:47 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

Talking of bullying and its impacts, it's International Trans Day of Remembrance today. I'd encourage everyone to take a minute or two to reflect on some of the struggles faced by individuals in that community.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 12:50]

Too true. I work with 2 and have been to an event hosted by an organisation for Trans awareness in the past. They have an awful stigma for something out of their control simply due to a birth mix up. Seeing trans people post transition in the right environment is heart warming

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:54 - Nov 20 with 991 viewsChurchman

I don’t care if she’s a magician or a marvel superhero, she should be gone. Resign or fired, I care not. How typical of this mob. I happen to know that she is not alone with that sort of ministerial behaviour. It isn’t macho or ‘getting the job done’. It is corrosive, stupid, wasteful, damaging in every way imaginable and just plain wrong. But there are many people out there who still believe that making peoples lives a misery, ‘kicking ass’ is the only way. A sign of go getting strength. Idiots.

This government has been at war with the Civil Service for years now. In 2010, Francis Maude described it as ‘the dead hand’ and worse. He and his cronies believe that there is nothing that the private sector cannot do cheaper, quicker and more effectively that the CS in every aspect. It’s why when setting up world beating NHS track and trace they never bothered to consult the NHS. Why would you bother when Serco and co have promised the moon on a stick? Shame they couldn’t even deliver the stick any more than G4S could organise a queue during the London olympics. Why bother with the basics like governance when issuing Covid business loans to companies?

Sweep away the ‘blockers’ (another term the tories use for the CS, incidentally) ........and watch literally £billions disappear in fraud never to be seen again (£26bn was the figure I heard - twice the annual EU budget, ironically). Let’s not start on PPE. How many of the politicians will wind up on the boards of these companies in the future? Err more than one I’ll bet.

These people haven’t a clue. Useless, incompetent, downright unpleasant and worse. I wouldn’t hiss on any of them if they were on fire.

Rant over!
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:55 - Nov 20 with 995 viewsitfcjoe

From former Treasury Permanent Secretary Nick Macpherson

So Patel is found guilty in a system rigged in her favour and still doesn't go

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:14 - Nov 20 with 961 viewsPlums

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:37 - Nov 20 by Basuco

Good grief! I didn't know she had previous!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41923007
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51705069

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:35 - Nov 20 with 952 viewswoiii

Is there a transcript of any of the bullying conversations anywhere online? I'd like to know exactly what's been said and draw my own conclusions.
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:35 - Nov 20 with 941 viewsBluefish

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:35 - Nov 20 by woiii

Is there a transcript of any of the bullying conversations anywhere online? I'd like to know exactly what's been said and draw my own conclusions.

Do you do that for all court cases as well?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:36 - Nov 20 with 939 viewsjaykay

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:29 - Nov 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Two things:-

1) Bullying is not okay. And neither is sacking civil servants who speak out.

2) Where has she said she supports no immigration? Being tough is not the same thing. There are far more people able to immigrate here than when her parents did.

I'm not sure why you have highlighted her background - seems discriminatory, she is British. If she believes in controlled numbers she is allowed to believe that regardless of her background?

mmmmmmmmmm i wonder who you sound like.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:45 - Nov 20 with 920 viewsWacko

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:35 - Nov 20 by woiii

It'll be in the report, but the government are refusing to publish it

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:51 - Nov 20 with 920 viewswoiii

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:35 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Do you do that for all court cases as well?

No, you can always attend court if you're that bothered.

I just wonder how bad this is compared to what is commonplace in the private sector. Normal practice in my industry when someone is underperforming is to tell everyone what a c-word they are and then fire them. Shouting and swearing directly is usually reserved for when a whole team is underperforming.

Also, I've built up a network of contacts with Indian resources over the years and rarely use anyone who's UK educated. They work incredibly hard, long hours and deliver the requirement without question. I wonder if this is the culture clash here.
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:53 - Nov 20 with 909 viewsBluefish

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:51 - Nov 20 by woiii

I just wonder how bad this is compared to what is commonplace in the private sector. Normal practice in my industry when someone is underperforming is to tell everyone what a c-word they are and then fire them. Shouting and swearing directly is usually reserved for when a whole team is underperforming.

Also, I've built up a network of contacts with Indian resources over the years and rarely use anyone who's UK educated. They work incredibly hard, long hours and deliver the requirement without question. I wonder if this is the culture clash here.

WTAF was that reply?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:55 - Nov 20 with 905 viewsSpruceMoose

Your industry sounds toxic.

That's not normal behaviour in professional settings, take it from someone who works in a pretty cut-throat industry in one of the world's financial capitals.

I'd be looking to get out of whatever industry you're in as it seems to be stuck in the 70s.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:58 - Nov 20 with 894 viewsMattinLondon

I dint think it’s a culture clash at all.

But, from your post, you seem to work in an industry populated by c**ts. The tone of your post also alludes to the fact that you are also a bit of a c**t and you seem to be suited to whatever field you work in - which for clarity, is populated by c**ts.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 13:59]
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:58 - Nov 20 with 894 viewswoiii

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:55 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

Your industry sounds toxic.

That's not normal behaviour in professional settings, take it from someone who works in a pretty cut-throat industry in one of the world's financial capitals.

I'd be looking to get out of whatever industry you're in as it seems to be stuck in the 70s.

It's not toxic unless you're a bit slow / lazy / resistant to change
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:59 - Nov 20 with 887 viewsSpruceMoose

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:58 - Nov 20 by woiii

It's not toxic unless you're a bit slow / lazy / resistant to change

Sounds like a pretty backwards looking industry to be honest. What field is it in, if you don't mind me asking?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:00 - Nov 20 with 878 viewswoiii

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:58 - Nov 20 by MattinLondon

I dint think it’s a culture clash at all.

But, from your post, you seem to work in an industry populated by c**ts. The tone of your post also alludes to the fact that you are also a bit of a c**t and you seem to be suited to whatever field you work in - which for clarity, is populated by c**ts.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 13:59]

Eh? That's a bit rude. Not sure where you're drawing that conclusion from
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:02 - Nov 20 with 863 viewswoiii

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:59 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

Sounds like a pretty backwards looking industry to be honest. What field is it in, if you don't mind me asking?

I guess you could say IT project delivery. I work in a specific technology which I won't mention.
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:02 - Nov 20 with 862 viewsBluefish

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:00 - Nov 20 by woiii

I think it was the car crash of a post that posted earlier in the thread

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:02 - Nov 20 with 860 viewsWacko

Putting your ridiculous comments about your own industry to one side, the irony is that, by all accounts from numerous civil servants and others who work with her, it's Patel who's the one who is utterly incompetent and underperforming in her job.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:02 - Nov 20 with 863 viewsMattinLondon

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:00 - Nov 20 by woiii

Mainly from your first post. And to a lesser extent from your reply to Sprucey.
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:05 - Nov 20 with 853 viewsSpruceMoose

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:02 - Nov 20 by woiii

I guess you could say IT project delivery. I work in a specific technology which I won't mention.

Yeah... that's no' normal bud. It's not commonplace in the private sector, just your workplace seemingly.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 14:06]

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:06 - Nov 20 with 848 viewsBluefish

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:05 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

Yeah... that's no' normal bud. It's not commonplace in the private sector, just your workplace seemingly.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 14:06]

This might be one of those times where we have to put the comments down to the person being of a certain generation.

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:07 - Nov 20 with 843 viewsSpruceMoose

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:06 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

This might be one of those times where we have to put the comments down to the person being of a certain generation.

The Mad Men generation?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:10 - Nov 20 with 835 viewsBluefish

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:07 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

The Mad Men generation?

He probably has a lot on at the moment what with all of those years asking when International Mens Day is and then Fairytale of New York being changed/not changed

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:12 - Nov 20 with 834 viewsChurchman

Is it as commonplace as you imply? Having worked for 2 large private sector companies, 1 small and contract worked for a couple more in addition to 16 years in the civil service the only time I saw the appalling behaviour Patel is accused of and you seem to think is normal is in the Civil Service (on rare occasions) including with politicians and their people (more common). In the early 2000s, I worked for an IT company making software for Financial Advisors. It was hard, demanding work and people could and were be asked to leave immediately if they weren’t performing. But I never saw them bullied or verbally abused in the way you describe. The staff were encouraged, motivated, incentivised, cared about on the basis that if they were looked after, they’d look after the company.

If you believe ‘Shouting and swearing’ at teams or individuals is they way to motivate people, I shall agree to differ. I have never seen bullying or ‘tell do’ management achieve anything other than sometimes short term, fear driven gain and long term damage to employer and employees.

There’s no culture clash. Just good and bad practices by good and bad (rotten) people, in my view.
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:12 - Nov 20 with 831 viewsSpruceMoose

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 14:10 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

He probably has a lot on at the moment what with all of those years asking when International Mens Day is and then Fairytale of New York being changed/not changed

That reminds me, unrelated to the poster you mentioned, but I can't believe we got through Black History Month without someone giving me the chance to reply 'Every other month of the year' to the question "When is White History Month!?"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024