Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGavin 17:14 - Nov 21 with 3292 viewsBluecasp

For those who saw the game, how did McGavin do?
McGavin on 17:15 - Nov 21 with 2999 viewsRobTheMonk

Good for the most part.
McGavin on 17:19 - Nov 21 with 2943 viewsScuzzer

Tired somewhat half way through second half and made a few mistakes. But he rallied and finished well. Overall my man(boy) of the match.

Established 1968

McGavin on 17:20 - Nov 21 with 2928 viewsPlums

McGavin on 17:19 - Nov 21 by Scuzzer

Tired somewhat half way through second half and made a few mistakes. But he rallied and finished well. Overall my man(boy) of the match.

Interesting. I thought he was good for about 15 minutes at the start and then faded badly. It’s a game of opinions.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

McGavin on 17:21 - Nov 21 with 2921 viewsacj

Totally agree, I thought he played well. Always looked to pass forward whenever it was on, and handled the physical side of the game well too, made some important challenges in the middle etc.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

McGavin on 17:23 - Nov 21 with 2874 viewsBasuco

Very good, looked really impressive, e few stray passes after around 70 mins, but over 90 minutes possible MOM.
McGavin on 17:23 - Nov 21 with 2870 viewsWickets

McGavin on 17:21 - Nov 21 by acj

Totally agree, I thought he played well. Always looked to pass forward whenever it was on, and handled the physical side of the game well too, made some important challenges in the middle etc.

Yes me too .He faded for a while second half when he looked out on his feet but came back well for the last 10 minutes or so .
McGavin on 17:24 - Nov 21 with 2842 viewsFunge

Pretty good, with flashes of terror.

All told though, what you'd hope for from a young kid - didn't hide, looked for the ball, and tried to create - which is a damn sight more than a couple of the older players did.
McGavin on 17:26 - Nov 21 with 2807 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Did well but tired and faded towards the end.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

McGavin on 17:29 - Nov 21 with 2773 viewspatrickswell

I though he was our best player of those who started. Set pieces weren’t great, but he was probably our best passer for the most part.
McGavin on 17:30 - Nov 21 with 2760 viewsHerbivore

He was okay. Definitely faded as the game went on. Nobody had a genuinely good game but he was probably the best of a bad bunch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McGavin on 17:35 - Nov 21 with 2702 viewsPJH

McGavin on 17:30 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

He was okay. Definitely faded as the game went on. Nobody had a genuinely good game but he was probably the best of a bad bunch.

I think he was certainly the best of a bad bunch and hopefully he will (or should) cement a midfield place although not sure he and Dozzell would be compatible. He is far more use than Nolan in my opinion.
McGavin on 17:35 - Nov 21 with 2694 viewsBloomBlue

Did well in the first half, not as good in the second. Made some mistakes but I dont have issues with mistakes everyone makes mistakes. I also like the fact he always wants the ball.
McGavin on 17:36 - Nov 21 with 2678 viewsHerbivore

McGavin on 17:35 - Nov 21 by PJH

I think he was certainly the best of a bad bunch and hopefully he will (or should) cement a midfield place although not sure he and Dozzell would be compatible. He is far more use than Nolan in my opinion.

He won't play when everybody is fit. He's not as good as Dozzell and doesn't offer as much as Bishop or Downes. He's a good option though, but I thought he played better against Pompey the other week.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McGavin on 17:39 - Nov 21 with 2650 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Looked comfortable on the ball for the most part but did get caught a couple of times. Ref gave the free kick but another one might not have done. Passing was mixed but probably because he showed a little more attacking intent than Dozzell has been recently.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McGavin on 17:44 - Nov 21 with 2596 viewsPJH

McGavin on 17:36 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

He won't play when everybody is fit. He's not as good as Dozzell and doesn't offer as much as Bishop or Downes. He's a good option though, but I thought he played better against Pompey the other week.

I agree that once Downes is available then he probably would not get in but at the moment I would only put Dozzell and Bishop ahead of him and one and probably both of them will be missing on Tuesday.

I thought he was our best player both today and against Portsmouth.
McGavin on 17:53 - Nov 21 with 2533 viewsBluebell

McGavin on 17:44 - Nov 21 by PJH

I agree that once Downes is available then he probably would not get in but at the moment I would only put Dozzell and Bishop ahead of him and one and probably both of them will be missing on Tuesday.

I thought he was our best player both today and against Portsmouth.

I agree about him being our best player especially in the first half.

Not convinced by McGuiness today and hope Woolfie will play on Tuesday.
McGavin on 17:58 - Nov 21 with 2494 viewslmfcblue

MOM for me
McGavin on 18:05 - Nov 21 with 2464 viewsDennyx4

McGavin on 17:53 - Nov 21 by Bluebell

Agree re McGuinness, thought he was poor v Portsmouth too.
McGavin on 18:12 - Nov 21 with 2427 viewsgordon

McGavin on 18:05 - Nov 21 by Dennyx4

Agree re McGuinness, thought he was poor v Portsmouth too.

Yes, McGuinness has looked very poor. Nsiala too. Bizarre that Woolfenden is on the bench.
McGavin on 18:17 - Nov 21 with 2389 viewsWestover

McGavin on 17:36 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Spot on agree with all of that.
McGavin on 18:18 - Nov 21 with 2374 viewsDarth_Koont

OK, but made a couple of mistakes and tried a couple of risky dribbles in the sort of area where the opposition gets gifted a dangerous attack.

But he did well otherwise. Will just need to learn to be a little more careful not to lose possession in that deep-lying midfield position.

Pronouns: He/Him

McGavin on 18:21 - Nov 21 with 2349 viewsGlasgowBlue

More positives than negatives. Wouldn't be in my squad if everyone was fit and could benefit with a loan.

Nearly had a Steven Gerrard moment to gift them a goal. Thankfully Toto fell on their striker.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

McGavin on 18:32 - Nov 21 with 2291 viewsWickets

McGavin on 17:53 - Nov 21 by Bluebell

I hope Wolf plays on Tuesday but with McGuiness as i would only play Toto in desperation !
McGavin on 18:34 - Nov 21 with 2283 viewsPJH

McGavin on 18:32 - Nov 21 by Wickets

I hope Wolf plays on Tuesday but with McGuiness as i would only play Toto in desperation !

The was that McGuiness and Nsiala played today we would be better off playing Woolf instead of BOTH of them.
McGavin on 18:38 - Nov 21 with 2269 viewslmfcblue

McGavin on 18:21 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

More positives than negatives. Wouldn't be in my squad if everyone was fit and could benefit with a loan.

Nearly had a Steven Gerrard moment to gift them a goal. Thankfully Toto fell on their striker.

personally i thought it was a poor ball by Mcguinness which led to the slip. He was shaping up to up the line and flicked it inside and it caught Mcgavin out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024