Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) 20:37 - Nov 21 with 782 viewsvapour_trail

Seemed innocuous.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:39 - Nov 21 with 771 viewsPhilTWTD

Might have got another one as well then, although I don't recall seeing a thread along those lines.
Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:47 - Nov 21 with 738 viewsDubtractor

This is an album I got sent by a little known Welsh band a couple of months ago. It is so good, one of my albums of the year. Krautrock meets synthrock meets psych.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7zTH1NJM7fp9omtEK2vB3a?si=_wWQY0YgR-i7Kqwg53EXrQ
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 20:48]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:49 - Nov 21 with 728 viewsvapour_trail

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:39 - Nov 21 by PhilTWTD

Might have got another one as well then, although I don't recall seeing a thread along those lines.

Same one. I thought you were going to have added a tune, Phil. What’s on your Saturday night playlist?

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:57 - Nov 21 with 710 viewsvapour_trail

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:47 - Nov 21 by Dubtractor

This is an album I got sent by a little known Welsh band a couple of months ago. It is so good, one of my albums of the year. Krautrock meets synthrock meets psych.

I’ll give that a spin tomorrow Dubs. Happy birthday btw.

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:59 - Nov 21 with 709 viewsDubtractor

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:57 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

I’ll give that a spin tomorrow Dubs. Happy birthday btw.

Cheers buh.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:05 - Nov 21 with 699 viewsvapour_trail

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:59 - Nov 21 by Dubtractor

Cheers buh.

Going big tonight mate?

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:10 - Nov 21 with 683 viewsMelford

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:47 - Nov 21 by Dubtractor

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:11 - Nov 21 with 684 viewsTrequartista

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:49 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

Same one. I thought you were going to have added a tune, Phil. What’s on your Saturday night playlist?

I think he's listening to this tonight

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:12 - Nov 21 with 684 viewsPhilTWTD

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 20:49 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

Coincidentally, after a friend of mine posted that it was the 30th anniversary of the release of Nowhere the other day I downloaded it a couple of days ago as I hadn't heard it for years.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:14 - Nov 21 with 678 viewsvapour_trail

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:11 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

Heh

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:16 - Nov 21 with 677 viewsPhilTWTD

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:11 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

Just searched my phone for Hammer-related tracks and not the above, MC Hammer or Jan Hammer to be found. Just the below.

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:16 - Nov 21 with 673 viewsDubtractor

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:05 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

Going big tonight mate?

Alas, no.

Had a lovely burger takeaway and a beer or two.

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:21 - Nov 21 with 664 viewsDubtractor

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:16 - Nov 21 by PhilTWTD

Just searched my phone for Hammer-related tracks and not the above, MC Hammer or Jan Hammer to be found. Just the below.

A few 'Hammer' tracks on my phone...

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:23 - Nov 21 with 656 viewsvapour_trail

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:12 - Nov 21 by PhilTWTD

Coincidentally, after a friend of mine posted that it was the 30th anniversary of the release of Nowhere the other day I downloaded it a couple of days ago as I hadn't heard it for years.

I hadn’t clocked the anniversary.

I was listening to it when I registered my account here hence the name. I saw them play at Barbican this time last year and they were bang on it. It’s a great tune.

This is their great forgotten tune for me

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:23 - Nov 21 with 653 viewsPhilTWTD

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:21 - Nov 21 by Dubtractor

Think we may have invented a game - Phone That Tune.
Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:28 - Nov 21 with 642 viewsPhilTWTD

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:23 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

I hadn’t clocked the anniversary.

I was listening to it when I registered my account here hence the name. I saw them play at Barbican this time last year and they were bang on it. It’s a great tune.

This is their great forgotten tune for me

Always loved that as well.
Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:30 - Nov 21 with 636 viewsMelford

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:12 - Nov 21 by PhilTWTD

They were so good when I saw them at Field Day 2005. They came on as the sun was going down, it was their first UK gig after reforming and they were ***king brilliant. I was too young to see them live first time around.

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:37 - Nov 21 with 625 viewsvapour_trail

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:30 - Nov 21 by Melford

They were so good when I saw them at Field Day 2005. They came on as the sun was going down, it was their first UK gig after reforming and they were ***king brilliant. I was too young to see them live first time around.

I saw them lots of times first time around. They’re better today actually, much tighter as a band.

Pixies also come into that category.

I’m too young to have seen the specials first time, but they’re incredible these days.

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:43 - Nov 21 with 609 viewsMelford

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:37 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

I saw them lots of times first time around. They’re better today actually, much tighter as a band.

Pixies also come into that category.

I’m too young to have seen the specials first time, but they’re incredible these days.

Teenage Fanclub age like a fine wine. This is their new one

New album out next year, should have been around now with a tour I had tickets to.

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:43 - Nov 21 with 608 viewsPhilTWTD

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:21 - Nov 21 by Dubtractor

On another note, happy birthday!
Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:58 - Nov 21 with 576 viewsvapour_trail

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:43 - Nov 21 by Melford

Teenage Fanclub age like a fine wine. This is their new one

New album out next year, should have been around now with a tour I had tickets to.

I saw what was supposed to be a fair well gig, also at Barbican I think.

This is in my desert island discs

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 22:02 - Nov 21 with 566 viewsDubtractor

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:43 - Nov 21 by PhilTWTD

On another note, happy birthday!

Thankyou!

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 22:06 - Nov 21 with 561 viewsJ2BLUE

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 22:02 - Nov 21 by Dubtractor

Thankyou!

Happy birthday Dubbers

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 22:25 - Nov 21 with 544 viewsMelford

Why did that thread go? (Saturday tunes) on 21:58 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

I saw what was supposed to be a fair well gig, also at Barbican I think.

This is in my desert island discs

That is the best version.
I went to all three shows in Camden a couple of years ago last week where they played all their Creation albums back to back. First night Bandwagonesque and Thirteen with Brendan on drums, Grand Prix and Songs From Northern Britain on night two, the Howdy! and B sides on night 3 and it was ***king amazing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024