Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala 20:41 - Nov 21 with 6269 viewsTerra_Farma

Liability.
Nsiala on 08:47 - Nov 23 with 1684 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 20:45 - Nov 21 by Terra_Farma

It's my own personal opinion, if you saw the game today and disagree with me, fair enough.

He can't pass, he's slow and is always likely to give away an penalty.

That description seems best suited to McGuiness at the minute.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nsiala on 09:22 - Nov 23 with 1659 viewsChrisd

Nsiala on 08:47 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

But we're talking about an experienced defender whose probably already reached his potential, not a young lad starting out on his professional career who has the capability to improve.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nsiala on 09:33 - Nov 23 with 1648 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 09:22 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

But we're talking about an experienced defender whose probably already reached his potential, not a young lad starting out on his professional career who has the capability to improve.

Sure, but McGuiness looks even more error prone than Nsiala right now, especially the kind of major errors that lead to goals. And I'm not sure how much more I can repeat this, but McGuiness is not our player so unless he's going to improve really, really quickly the fact he's going to improve isn't relevant. We get no benefit from him being a better player in a year or two as a result of this loan spell so it's utterly irrelevant when discussing his performances for Town.

Nsiala on 09:39 - Nov 23 with 1641 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nsiala on 21:40 - Nov 21 by PhilTWTD

Slipped over for the first at Sunderland. Has been quite a run of being punished for errors. Character building, hopefully.

Slipping at Sunderland, just unlucky, penalty was ridiculous, deflection V Pompey again a little unlucky.

And by the way, has anyone watched back the penalty from yesterday, not convinced any touch was made via legs or arms. Not convinced on that watching it back multiple times.

He did make errors though Satruday which weren't punished, too egaer to win the ball, getting caught under the ball and Shrews going in behind him.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Nsiala on 09:42 - Nov 23 with 1636 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nsiala on 08:47 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

He looked suspect yesterday, but other incidents away at Sunderland are really unfortunate, a slip and a ludocris handball.

He is still more comfortable on the ball than Toto I feel, less of liability certainly.

Nsiala on 10:02 - Nov 23 with 1622 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Nsiala on 09:22 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

McG had a bad game on Saturday no doubt but Nsiala has been a complete liability in almost every game he's played for us.

Should be nowhere near the team and it's incredible that Woolfenden isn't picked ahead of him.
Nsiala on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 1620 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 09:42 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

He looked suspect yesterday, but other incidents away at Sunderland are really unfortunate, a slip and a ludocris handball.

He is still more comfortable on the ball than Toto I feel, less of liability certainly.

I've not been very impressed with his distribution. He gave it away dangerously a couple of times against Pompey in the first half and his pass to McGavin was poor when McGavin then slipped and that could easily have led to us conceding.

The first goal at Sunderland was very much down to him. The penalty was ridiculous of course but then he gave one away yesterday and on another day he might have conceded a second penalty too. I thought the ref got that right but it was very much one that could have been given. I thought he was poor for the Pompey goals, the second one his headed clearance was really poor and he then compounded that error by sticking a leg out and diverting the ball past Cornell.

He's done some good stuff too, but at the moment he doesn't look at all assured and looks to have a game changing mistake in him. I don't think we can afford to be playing him when we don't create much ourselves and so giving away a goal has such a detrimental impact on our chances of getting a result. For all his faults, Toto has looked less likely to gift the opposition a goal than McGuiness of late.

Nsiala on 10:46 - Nov 23 with 1598 viewsVaughan8

Some people actually think he is good. That is what is worrying! along with the fact he has been made captain a few times

To be fair, he has "improved" this season, but that isn't hard from practically rock bottom.

That game against Gillingham (i think) last season was an absolute nightmare. The worst I have seen a player who played the whole game.

Some are rally over the top in "wanting him to succeed" its become a bit weird.

I want him to be good as well but not to the levels that i'm deluded that hes very good. Hes not. He should be our 4th centre back
Login to get fewer ads

Nsiala on 10:49 - Nov 23 with 1586 viewsVaughan8

Nsiala on 09:39 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Slipping at Sunderland, just unlucky, penalty was ridiculous, deflection V Pompey again a little unlucky.

And by the way, has anyone watched back the penalty from yesterday, not convinced any touch was made via legs or arms. Not convinced on that watching it back multiple times.

He did make errors though Satruday which weren't punished, too egaer to win the ball, getting caught under the ball and Shrews going in behind him.

Its also strange in those games he was partnered with Nsiala........ Probably spends most of the time covering for him! haha

He does seem to be getting punished for everything at the moment.
Nsiala on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 1572 viewsChrisd

Nsiala on 09:33 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Sure, but McGuiness looks even more error prone than Nsiala right now, especially the kind of major errors that lead to goals. And I'm not sure how much more I can repeat this, but McGuiness is not our player so unless he's going to improve really, really quickly the fact he's going to improve isn't relevant. We get no benefit from him being a better player in a year or two as a result of this loan spell so it's utterly irrelevant when discussing his performances for Town.

Like a mentioned on another thread in reply to you what's the point of the loan system in your eyes? To me, it seems you're quite happy to let our young players ie El Mizouni, go out on loan and get first team experience; when it's the other way that's different, you can't have it both ways. The loan system is extremely important for players development, whether they are ours or someone else's players. I'm not going over old ground with my opinion with McGuiness, but I do recognise he's struggling a little but worth persevering with, however what I will say is I'd like to see him paired with Woolfenden again - 2 games, 2 clean sheets speaks volumes.

Nsiala on 10:58 - Nov 23 with 1568 viewsChrisd

Nsiala on 10:49 - Nov 23 by Vaughan8

Its also strange in those games he was partnered with Nsiala........ Probably spends most of the time covering for him! haha

He does seem to be getting punished for everything at the moment.

Yes, that fact seems to be conveniently overlooked by those making their argument for Nsiala.

Nsiala on 11:01 - Nov 23 with 1565 viewsSimonds92

Nsiala on 07:57 - Nov 23 by Wickets

Ifollow showed 2 replays ,i can tell you as Shrew attacker came inside our defender, think it was McGuiness, stepped back to avoid contact , clear daylight between the pair of them as attacker threw himself to the ground . Live it looked like a Penalty but the Ref had a good view and to his credit was not fooled !

Pretty sure Toto's tackle towards the end on the rhs of the box was a stonewall penalty. Cant remember if the ref gave a corner or gk.
FWIW I think Toto has been our best cb this season, he also has odd flashes of brilliant passes through the lines to start attacks.
Nsiala on 11:10 - Nov 23 with 1559 viewsjayessess

Trying to recall his big errors that have led to goals really.
Doncaster 1 and 3, Lincoln. All of which you could offer some special pleading for (1 he gets dragged out of position, but does win the ball, ricochet is unlucky and Doncaster still had a fair bit to do, Doncaster 3rd, he does get caught under the ball, but his cynical recovery foul probably is just outside the box, Lincoln he does, again, get caught under the ball, but it definitely wasn't a foul).

Is that so terrible a record for 10 league games?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Nsiala on 11:15 - Nov 23 with 1555 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nsiala on 10:03 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

I've not been very impressed with his distribution. He gave it away dangerously a couple of times against Pompey in the first half and his pass to McGavin was poor when McGavin then slipped and that could easily have led to us conceding.

The first goal at Sunderland was very much down to him. The penalty was ridiculous of course but then he gave one away yesterday and on another day he might have conceded a second penalty too. I thought the ref got that right but it was very much one that could have been given. I thought he was poor for the Pompey goals, the second one his headed clearance was really poor and he then compounded that error by sticking a leg out and diverting the ball past Cornell.

He's done some good stuff too, but at the moment he doesn't look at all assured and looks to have a game changing mistake in him. I don't think we can afford to be playing him when we don't create much ourselves and so giving away a goal has such a detrimental impact on our chances of getting a result. For all his faults, Toto has looked less likely to gift the opposition a goal than McGuiness of late.

As I said, encourage all to rewatch yesterdays penalty, having seen it around 5/6 times again, I can't see any contact yet.

Second incident looked suspect, but did pop on too Shrewsbury forum, and few had rewatched it and said Marc Pugh just slipped over - no penalty.

It seems harsh label a slip as an error at Sunderland - bit of bad fortune surely.

Same with Pompey goal, deflection, is that an error or bad fortune again.

No getting away from the fact he looked suspect yesterday in general play though.

Nsiala on 11:44 - Nov 23 with 1534 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 10:55 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

Like a mentioned on another thread in reply to you what's the point of the loan system in your eyes? To me, it seems you're quite happy to let our young players ie El Mizouni, go out on loan and get first team experience; when it's the other way that's different, you can't have it both ways. The loan system is extremely important for players development, whether they are ours or someone else's players. I'm not going over old ground with my opinion with McGuiness, but I do recognise he's struggling a little but worth persevering with, however what I will say is I'd like to see him paired with Woolfenden again - 2 games, 2 clean sheets speaks volumes.

Loans should ultimately benefit both parties. They should develop the player and the player ought to be of sufficient quality that he improves the team he goes to. Cambridge were very happy with how El Miz played last season which is why they wanted him back. They aren't a charity and nor are we. If a loan player is costing us goals then we shouldn't be persevering with playing them just because it will make them a better player in the future. If El Miz starts costing Cambridge a goal almost every time he plays then I'd expect them to drop him, and rightly so.

Nsiala on 11:45 - Nov 23 with 1533 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 10:58 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

Yes, that fact seems to be conveniently overlooked by those making their argument for Nsiala.

Hilarious that you're still persevering with the idea that McGuiness' errors are all actually Nsiala's fault. There's no evidence to back that up at all.

Nsiala on 11:48 - Nov 23 with 1532 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 11:15 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

As I said, encourage all to rewatch yesterdays penalty, having seen it around 5/6 times again, I can't see any contact yet.

Second incident looked suspect, but did pop on too Shrewsbury forum, and few had rewatched it and said Marc Pugh just slipped over - no penalty.

It seems harsh label a slip as an error at Sunderland - bit of bad fortune surely.

Same with Pompey goal, deflection, is that an error or bad fortune again.

No getting away from the fact he looked suspect yesterday in general play though.

They were all errors rather than luck.

Nsiala on 13:23 - Nov 23 with 1514 viewsChrisd

Nsiala on 11:44 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Loans should ultimately benefit both parties. They should develop the player and the player ought to be of sufficient quality that he improves the team he goes to. Cambridge were very happy with how El Miz played last season which is why they wanted him back. They aren't a charity and nor are we. If a loan player is costing us goals then we shouldn't be persevering with playing them just because it will make them a better player in the future. If El Miz starts costing Cambridge a goal almost every time he plays then I'd expect them to drop him, and rightly so.

Bizarre that you're comparing El Miz with McGuiness when they play in completely different areas of the pitch regarding goals conceded.

Nsiala on 13:27 - Nov 23 with 1511 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 13:23 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

Bizarre that you're comparing El Miz with McGuiness when they play in completely different areas of the pitch regarding goals conceded.

You're the one that brought El Miz up!

Nsiala on 13:28 - Nov 23 with 1503 viewsChrisd

Nsiala on 11:45 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Hilarious that you're still persevering with the idea that McGuiness' errors are all actually Nsiala's fault. There's no evidence to back that up at all.

Once again misinterpreting posts. It's more about comparing the errors that each player makes, for an experienced defender Nsiala still makes too many of 'HIS OWN' mistakes and remains unreliable.

Nsiala on 13:30 - Nov 23 with 1499 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 13:28 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

Once again misinterpreting posts. It's more about comparing the errors that each player makes, for an experienced defender Nsiala still makes too many of 'HIS OWN' mistakes and remains unreliable.

I'm not misinterpreting anyhring. Look at your post in the context of the post you were replying to as well. There's a clear implication that McGuiness has been making mistakes because of Nsiala, and that's just silly. His mistakes haven't come about because he's been covering for Nsiala, that just doesn't stack up with what's actually happened.

Nsiala on 13:32 - Nov 23 with 1496 viewsChrisd

Nsiala on 13:27 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

You're the one that brought El Miz up!

I'm really not convinced you actually read people's posts. I certainly mentioned about the loaning of players, but comparing goals conceded, which still remains a strange comparison, that's all your own work I'm afraid!!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 13:36]

Nsiala on 13:38 - Nov 23 with 1489 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala on 13:32 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

I'm really not convinced you actually read people's posts. I certainly mentioned about the loaning of players, but comparing goals conceded, which still remains a strange comparison, that's all your own work I'm afraid!!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 13:36]

The overall point is that if a player is making mistakes and not justifying a place in the team, there's no expectation the loan side should have to persevere with them just to aid their development for their parent club. El Miz has barely played for Cambridge this season so you bringing him up in the first place makes little sense. And you've still not really engaged with the overall contention that there is no benefit to us in having an error prone CB who might be less error prone in a year or two as a result of the mistakes he makes here.

Nsiala on 13:55 - Nov 23 with 1477 viewsChrisd

Nsiala on 13:38 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

The overall point is that if a player is making mistakes and not justifying a place in the team, there's no expectation the loan side should have to persevere with them just to aid their development for their parent club. El Miz has barely played for Cambridge this season so you bringing him up in the first place makes little sense. And you've still not really engaged with the overall contention that there is no benefit to us in having an error prone CB who might be less error prone in a year or two as a result of the mistakes he makes here.

No I have, but as per normal it doesn't suit your agenda so you just go on about your own point and then say that I've not engaged. Woolfenden and McGuiness against Hull for me, give this partnership another go, but I feel PL will go with experience and Nsiala will start.

Nsiala on 14:02 - Nov 23 with 1469 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nsiala on 11:48 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

They were all errors rather than luck.

A slip is an error now

Probably more a reflection of your football knowledge that is then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024