Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective 23:59 - Nov 21 with 2152 viewspistonbroke

We are an average league one club , with average league one players , our youngsters are not as good as a lot of you think otherwise they would not still be here . We have no money to spend yet we are still up there , yes today’s performance was crap , deserved nothing , but the performances against Lincoln and Sunderland deserved points , people who say with our players we should get automatic promotion , who the hell are these players , people go on about our youth , who was the last youth player who made it , get in the real world people , this season is gonna be a scrap
Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 00:38 - Nov 22 with 2086 viewstextbackup

asking for there to be some sort of plan, system in place after 2.5 years isn't asking that much.

this simply can not be the best it could be at the current time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 00:54 - Nov 22 with 2072 viewsKropotkin123

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 00:38 - Nov 22 by textbackup

asking for there to be some sort of plan, system in place after 2.5 years isn't asking that much.

this simply can not be the best it could be at the current time

But... all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds...

:/

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 01:14 - Nov 22 with 2057 viewsJ2BLUE

This is precisely the issue though. People like you saying we are an average league one club. The bar is lowered so gradually and systematically that people like you don't question it. In another 5 years you'll be saying we can't compete in league one and we should be grateful just staying in the league. Then we'll go down and you'll be posting we're just an average league two club. This is precisely the bloody point. The apathy and acceptance that so many have just because the decline is so gradual.

We are the frog. The water is slowly getting hotter and hotter but some of you will refuse to see it until we're boiling.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 01:44 - Nov 22 with 2022 viewsfooters

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 01:14 - Nov 22 by J2BLUE

This is precisely the issue though. People like you saying we are an average league one club. The bar is lowered so gradually and systematically that people like you don't question it. In another 5 years you'll be saying we can't compete in league one and we should be grateful just staying in the league. Then we'll go down and you'll be posting we're just an average league two club. This is precisely the bloody point. The apathy and acceptance that so many have just because the decline is so gradual.

We are the frog. The water is slowly getting hotter and hotter but some of you will refuse to see it until we're boiling.

Finally, a time for my niche video collection to shine.

Witness the frog.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 01:47 - Nov 22 with 2010 viewsSpruceMoose

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 01:44 - Nov 22 by footers

Finally, a time for my niche video collection to shine.

Witness the frog.

He went at that like wkj on a Findus Crispy Pancake.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 1:47]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 03:10 - Nov 22 with 1956 viewsStenvict

We might be an average League 1 side but we SHOULD be one of the better sides. The standard in this league is awful. I would also argue that our only good players are our youth products, plus Chambers.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 05:29 - Nov 22 with 1925 viewsairliner

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 03:10 - Nov 22 by Stenvict

We might be an average League 1 side but we SHOULD be one of the better sides. The standard in this league is awful. I would also argue that our only good players are our youth products, plus Chambers.

We have a team of youth and ageing pros. League 1 is a hard league to get out of, as we know. If you want classy, silky football support Liverpool or any other mega rich teams. It is what it is, Paul Lambert , trying to cobble together a team that has constant injuries, suspensions. Could beleive some here were disappointed with how we played, but the difference is we ground out the result and won. Seems some wanted us to lose to hopefully see PL sacked.
I beleive with the squad and money available PL is doing a good job. You are entitled to disagree, however , third with a game in hand , equal points with p’bo I am well happy.
Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:40 - Nov 22 with 1824 viewsnoggin

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 05:29 - Nov 22 by airliner

We have a team of youth and ageing pros. League 1 is a hard league to get out of, as we know. If you want classy, silky football support Liverpool or any other mega rich teams. It is what it is, Paul Lambert , trying to cobble together a team that has constant injuries, suspensions. Could beleive some here were disappointed with how we played, but the difference is we ground out the result and won. Seems some wanted us to lose to hopefully see PL sacked.
I beleive with the squad and money available PL is doing a good job. You are entitled to disagree, however , third with a game in hand , equal points with p’bo I am well happy.

I bet you think Boris Johnson is doing a good job, considering the circumstances.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:44 - Nov 22 with 1813 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't think there is apathy and acceptance. I think we're hurting and don't know what to do about it. Some lash out (see Blubbers) some try to reset their expectations.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:45 - Nov 22 with 1808 viewsHerbivore

It's not that hard a league to get out of. Over the last three years, 5 of the 9 promoted sides were sides going back up at the first attempt. Rotherham have managed to go straight back up twice in that time. We're one of only three sides that failed to make at least the play offs in our first season at this level, Bolton were one of the others and they had a 12 point deduction to contend with, and Burton did better than us in finishing 9th. Unlike some of those sides, we had stability when we came down: same owner, same manager, same sqaud. In fact the manager was backed to add to the squad to strengthen it. There is absolutely zero excuse for the abysmal job Lambert has done, the scale of his failure really can't be overstated.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 9:01]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:45 - Nov 22 with 1801 viewsEwan_Oozami

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 00:54 - Nov 22 by Kropotkin123

But... all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds...

:/

Sometimes I think this whole club is a Voltaire satire...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:51 - Nov 22 with 1779 viewsitfcjoe

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:45 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

It's not that hard a league to get out of. Over the last three years, 5 of the 9 promoted sides were sides going back up at the first attempt. Rotherham have managed to go straight back up twice in that time. We're one of only three sides that failed to make at least the play offs in our first season at this level, Bolton were one of the others and they had a 12 point deduction to contend with, and Burton did better than us in finishing 9th. Unlike some of those sides, we had stability when we came down: same owner, same manager, same sqaud. In fact the manager was backed to add to the squad to strengthen it. There is absolutely zero excuse for the abysmal job Lambert has done, the scale of his failure really can't be overstated.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 9:01]

This is the perspective required, I’ve given PL as much benefit if the doubt as I can this season, and I do genuinely think we had begun to turn a corner - there were definite signs of improvement but we haven’t been able to push on at all or take advantage of the better things we were doing.

We’ve fallen back into the same bad habits, Lambert has grated on me for too long, and it is especially obvious after an international break how badly coached we are.

Biggest issue for me know is when ME gets rid, because it’s not turning round from here - realistically we have to slide out of the top 6, and can see PL clinging on as we drift backwards but remain in touch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:51 - Nov 22 with 1775 viewsRomeo4

I think we are fast becoming the average L1 side the OP describes. The longer we are at this level the more at risk we are of staying here longer term. This season presents our best and sadly possibly last opportunity to get back on track.

I don’t buy in to the opinion that we should be sweeping all aside but I do think we have enough in our squad to get promoted. I think we have a management team who seem incapable of getting the team playing to their max.

I’ve never been one to call for managers heads as I’ve always liked the fact that we’ve historically been patient and allowed managers time to make it work. But this season is too important to just let it drift.
Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:51 - Nov 22 with 1775 viewsjayessess

We don't have "no money", we have a massive budget for this division. If we have "average League One" players, blame Lambert, he's the reason they're here.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:52 - Nov 22 with 1768 viewsMattinLondon

Last season our average attendance was approximately 20k. The average for L1 is 7k. Our wage bill is a lot higher than the average for L1, our stadium and training facilities and every other factor is a lot higher than average L1.

The only factor where we are below the expected standard is the awful manager and owner. Yet defeatists like the OP lower their standards year-on-year. It’s pathetic really. Stick your defeatism right up your arse sideways.
Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:53 - Nov 22 with 1766 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

It could be countered by suggested some have their bar 2 high.

3rd in the league. Unbeaten at home. Only 3 defeats in the league to date.

Operating with a crocked and injury stricken side filled with average League 1 players, sprinkled with the odd bit of quality.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:53 - Nov 22 with 1761 viewsEwan_Oozami

You are Blue Badger's avatar and I claim my £5...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 09:02 - Nov 22 with 1720 viewsjayessess

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:53 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

It could be countered by suggested some have their bar 2 high.

3rd in the league. Unbeaten at home. Only 3 defeats in the league to date.

Operating with a crocked and injury stricken side filled with average League 1 players, sprinkled with the odd bit of quality.

My bar was top 6 last season. He did not clear it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 09:03 - Nov 22 with 1710 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 08:51 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

This is the perspective required, I’ve given PL as much benefit if the doubt as I can this season, and I do genuinely think we had begun to turn a corner - there were definite signs of improvement but we haven’t been able to push on at all or take advantage of the better things we were doing.

We’ve fallen back into the same bad habits, Lambert has grated on me for too long, and it is especially obvious after an international break how badly coached we are.

Biggest issue for me know is when ME gets rid, because it’s not turning round from here - realistically we have to slide out of the top 6, and can see PL clinging on as we drift backwards but remain in touch

Indeed. This is exactly where I am.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 09:04 - Nov 22 with 1704 viewsSuperblue95

Saying we have a squad full of average league one players is just not true.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Some of you lot need to get a bit of perspective on 09:07 - Nov 22 with 1688 viewsgordon

Six years ago we were a decent Championship club, three years ago we were an average Championship club, and now we're an average League One club.

Don't really understand what you mean by 'who was the last youth player who made it?' Surely the answer is Downes, Dozzell, Lankester & Woolfenden - they're all going to have decent careers in professional football, fitness permitting. Dobra and El Mizouni will too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024