Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer Burley combo 07:50 - Nov 22 with 3638 viewsirishtim

Would love to see this. Dyer and Burley. Give us our Ipswich back.
Dyer Burley combo on 07:56 - Nov 22 with 2526 viewsMattinLondon

Do we have to build a time machine first and go back to 2001 for Burley?
Dyer Burley combo on 08:00 - Nov 22 with 2511 viewsChrisd

I'd like to see something like that, just to reconnect us all. Dyer and Burley have been part of our club during successful periods, they understand the club's DNA. Firstly, we need ME to act and there lies the main problem.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Dyer Burley combo on 08:01 - Nov 22 with 2508 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I’d have Danny Dyer and his dog at this stage.

Paul Cook for me still.

Edit: That’s if Lambert were to go. I don’t think you can sack a manager in the situation they gave us though.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 8:54]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Dyer Burley combo on 08:04 - Nov 22 with 2505 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'd love it but sadly it's not going to happen. Dyer doesn't want to work with Burley.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dyer Burley combo on 08:15 - Nov 22 with 2476 viewsirishtim

Dyer Burley combo on 08:04 - Nov 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd love it but sadly it's not going to happen. Dyer doesn't want to work with Burley.

Really? Why?
Dyer Burley combo on 08:18 - Nov 22 with 2468 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dyer Burley combo on 08:15 - Nov 22 by irishtim

Really? Why?

I don't know exactly but I suspect it's along the lines of he wants to forge his own path rather than have the shadow hanging over him of someone who was already successful as a manager with us. I don't think it's that they don't get on or anything like that.

Dyer Burley combo on 08:31 - Nov 22 with 2438 viewsRomeo4

As much as I love both of these ITFC greats I just don’t see this as being the answer.

It would provide an initial boost in morale around the club which may lead to a few positive performances but ultimately I don’t think either would be well enough equipped right now to sustain it.

Burley’s been out of the game too long and in my opinion Dyer needs to cut his teeth elsewhere and at a lower level before taking a job like ITFC.
Dyer Burley combo on 08:33 - Nov 22 with 2420 viewsirishtim

Dyer Burley combo on 08:31 - Nov 22 by Romeo4

As much as I love both of these ITFC greats I just don’t see this as being the answer.

It would provide an initial boost in morale around the club which may lead to a few positive performances but ultimately I don’t think either would be well enough equipped right now to sustain it.

Burley’s been out of the game too long and in my opinion Dyer needs to cut his teeth elsewhere and at a lower level before taking a job like ITFC.

Fair point. What do you suggest? I just think we have lost our identity a little.
Login to get fewer ads

Dyer Burley combo on 08:41 - Nov 22 with 2391 viewsRomeo4

Dyer Burley combo on 08:33 - Nov 22 by irishtim

Fair point. What do you suggest? I just think we have lost our identity a little.

I think it would take someone who knows what they’re about, has the confidence to carry the PR side of the club and would instantly get the respect and therefore hopefully get a tune out of the players. Not many around like that who would be willing to operate at L1 level unfortunately.

Someone else has mentioned him on this thread but Paul Cook could fit the bill.
Dyer Burley combo on 08:44 - Nov 22 with 2379 viewsitfcjoe

Dyer Burley combo on 08:41 - Nov 22 by Romeo4

I think it would take someone who knows what they’re about, has the confidence to carry the PR side of the club and would instantly get the respect and therefore hopefully get a tune out of the players. Not many around like that who would be willing to operate at L1 level unfortunately.

Someone else has mentioned him on this thread but Paul Cook could fit the bill.

Paul Cook feels like just another cab of the rank, he’s done a great job at Wigan abs sure he’s be fine but is he really the man to take us as far as we want to go as a club?

I’d like to take a chance on someone with potentially a higher ceiling, someone who could manage in the Premier League one day, who has something a bit different about them.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dyer Burley combo on 08:51 - Nov 22 with 2366 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dyer Burley combo on 08:44 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

Paul Cook feels like just another cab of the rank, he’s done a great job at Wigan abs sure he’s be fine but is he really the man to take us as far as we want to go as a club?

I’d like to take a chance on someone with potentially a higher ceiling, someone who could manage in the Premier League one day, who has something a bit different about them.

Who are you thinking of?

Dyer Burley combo on 08:54 - Nov 22 with 2345 viewsitfcjoe

Dyer Burley combo on 08:51 - Nov 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Who are you thinking of?

I think Cowley’s have a higher ceiling personally, but wouldn’t be adverse to someone like Dyer although not sure it’s the right time - but will it ever be?

Dyer Burley combo on 08:56 - Nov 22 with 2336 viewsjayessess

I can't see how anyone would be a downgrade from Lambert, but Dyer would be a massive shot in the dark. We've no idea what he'd be like as first team manager.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dyer Burley combo on 08:58 - Nov 22 with 2327 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dyer Burley combo on 08:54 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

I think Cowley’s have a higher ceiling personally, but wouldn’t be adverse to someone like Dyer although not sure it’s the right time - but will it ever be?

Someone said on here - think it might've been you actually - that we're low enough now for Dyer to start here!

I liked the idea of the Cowleys at the time, not followed them since. Are they still doing a good job? I liked how methodical they were and looked at every aspect. Certainly would've been an interesting one.

Dyer Burley combo on 09:04 - Nov 22 with 2306 viewsRomeo4

Dyer Burley combo on 08:54 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

Evans seems to want his manager to front every aspect of the club. We’ve seen that with Mick and now with PL. Enables him to remain anonymous in the background. I just don’t think Dyer would have the shoulders to carry that burden just yet. One for the future perhaps.

The Cowleys are an interesting one. They seem to have the requisite ambition and the right attitude (Danny spoke well on Quest last night) but their favoured style of play doesn’t seem to be the “Ipswich way”. I just wonder if it’d eventually go the same way as under Mick where we were getting enough results but was just turgid to watch.

Maybe I’m being unrealistic and perhaps I yearn for the good old days too much by wanting us to play fast attractive football.
Dyer Burley combo on 09:04 - Nov 22 with 2305 viewsitfcjoe

Dyer Burley combo on 08:58 - Nov 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Someone said on here - think it might've been you actually - that we're low enough now for Dyer to start here!

I liked the idea of the Cowleys at the time, not followed them since. Are they still doing a good job? I liked how methodical they were and looked at every aspect. Certainly would've been an interesting one.

Dyer is getting like our loan players - we say send them out to lower leagues to learn trade and realise we are almost bottom of the pyramid now and nowhere to go!

They went to Huddersfield and did a really good job of keeping them up - from 2 points in 9 games to 50+ points and safe - but then sacked as they went for Bielsa’s assistant. Was very harsh.

There are questions re style of football, but think how poor it is is overstated and they are very successful with what they do

Dyer Burley combo on 09:13 - Nov 22 with 2265 viewsBasuco

Dyer Burley combo on 07:56 - Nov 22 by MattinLondon

Do we have to build a time machine first and go back to 2001 for Burley?

Also Dale Roberts may not get cancer on a re-run of 2001, who was a vital part of the management team and very sadly missed.
Dyer Burley combo on 09:20 - Nov 22 with 2251 viewsFixed_It

What 'lower level' are you thinking of?
League One maybe?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 9:21]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Dyer Burley combo on 09:23 - Nov 22 with 2236 viewsstrikalite

Dyer Burley combo on 09:04 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

Dyer is getting like our loan players - we say send them out to lower leagues to learn trade and realise we are almost bottom of the pyramid now and nowhere to go!

They went to Huddersfield and did a really good job of keeping them up - from 2 points in 9 games to 50+ points and safe - but then sacked as they went for Bielsa’s assistant. Was very harsh.

There are questions re style of football, but think how poor it is is overstated and they are very successful with what they do

Yep I'd take the Cowleys right now in a heartbeat as they say, just starting to get somewhere at Hudds it seemed to me, they weren't given the time though, no idea where this long ball tag came from with these two, they outplayed us at PR with passing and width didn't they? As just one example..
Dyer Burley combo on 09:23 - Nov 22 with 2233 viewsTractorCam

'Give us our Ipswich back"

Oh boy is it 2018 again?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Dyer Burley combo on 09:32 - Nov 22 with 2196 viewsRomeo4

Dyer Burley combo on 09:20 - Nov 22 by Fixed_It

What 'lower level' are you thinking of?
League One maybe?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 9:21]

You have a point of course. The point I was making about Dyer (and any other first time manager for that matter) is that I would prefer him to find his style and make his mistakes elsewhere rather than doing it with us. We are at a pivotal moment and it’s just too important to take a chance.
Dyer Burley combo on 09:34 - Nov 22 with 2174 viewsMonkeyAlan

We are at a pretty low level last time l looked.
Dyer Burley combo on 09:40 - Nov 22 with 2143 viewsBasuco

Dyer Burley combo on 08:56 - Nov 22 by jayessess

I can't see how anyone would be a downgrade from Lambert, but Dyer would be a massive shot in the dark. We've no idea what he'd be like as first team manager.

You would be happy to see Paul Hurst back then? Also I would add the dull dreary style of MM, when I sat bored watching games and struggled to celebrate a goal when we scored. Yes we would have been in the championship but not sure how long I would have continued my ST if he had stayed much longer. The answer is not getting rid of Paul Lambert, that would be very expensive and hit the playing budget hard.
Dyer Burley combo on 10:15 - Nov 22 with 2091 viewsbraveblue

Burley was great but a long time ago. Dier unproven. Can’t see it happening and wouldn’t want it. Only way up is Evans selling.
Dyer Burley combo on 10:21 - Nov 22 with 2084 viewsBlueBadger

Dyer Burley combo on 09:40 - Nov 22 by Basuco

You would be happy to see Paul Hurst back then? Also I would add the dull dreary style of MM, when I sat bored watching games and struggled to celebrate a goal when we scored. Yes we would have been in the championship but not sure how long I would have continued my ST if he had stayed much longer. The answer is not getting rid of Paul Lambert, that would be very expensive and hit the playing budget hard.

Hot take: '12 passes around the back then lump it', is not any kind of improvement on 'lump it'.

Personally, I'd take the hit on Lambert's compo and get rid, staying down will ultimately cost us more than keeping him on - we're 3rd mostly on the strength of our start right now. We were very nearly punished by Shrewsbury. Better teams than then *will* punish us.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 15:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024