Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message (plea) for Paul Lambert 07:54 - Nov 22 with 925 viewskentishblue

1. You must have forgotten that we have iFollow this season so don’t treat the fans like fools with your ridiculous post match summaries that don’t bear any testimony to what we’ve witnessed.
2. Good luck with your bizarre strategy of publicly digging out the youngsters particularly in the midst of an injury crisis- that ones probably not gonna help anyone or anything.
3. You are allowed ( I assume) to be more than just completely one dimensional as we go through the season in spite of the fact you seem to have promised Marcus a 4-3-3 “total football” solution in the summer.
4. As you are apparently unable to ever change formation now , worth mentioning you don’t appear to have got your front 3 right at all yet and we really can’t score goals ( or even “knock on the door” ) when we’re in our own half and 5 yards into the opponents half. I haven’t yet seen any doors that are 40 yards thick.
5. At least 3 more mentions of yourself and your playing career today in your spiky match analysis. If we’re fed up hearing about it I can imagine the players must be as well by now.
I’d quite like a focus instead on being honest with ourselves and getting it right on the grass , as we just seem to be slipping into making the same mistakes regularly now and not improving in the same old areas ( square pegs in round holes for chosen formation, too many bad decisions / mistakes in dangerous defensive positions, lack of variety and quality of set plays, isolation of striker etc) .

Everyone watching and on the pitch in blue knows we got out of jail yesterday and that becomes a bonus 3 points. Please don’t kid yourself over the trend in performances that’s been setting in .

You can still prove that you possess the ability right now (not 15 years ago in a Celtic shirt) to stop us sleepwalking into a deja vu of last season.

Its time for the waffle to stop and you to prove you can get the best squad in the division (on paper) out of League 1 on a football pitch.
Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 07:59 - Nov 22 with 895 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I didn’t know he played for Dortmund once...

To be honest, sounds like a disgruntled man, bit if gloom around his time here right now.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 8:44]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 08:02 - Nov 22 with 878 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't think Paul Lambert reads TWTD.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 08:04 - Nov 22 with 878 viewsChrisd

It sounds like he's got Donald Trump syndrome, keep saying it enough and you start believing the fiction is actually reality. We all can see for ourselves PL, it's just not very good. 'You can't kid a kidder!'

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 10:13 - Nov 22 with 692 viewsBlueBadger

Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 08:02 - Nov 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think Paul Lambert reads TWTD.

Just in case he does:

6. Resign Paul. You're probably not a bad bloke, but whatever you had ten years ago is long gone and you're doing terrible job here. We'll even have a crowdfunder for your compo.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 10:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 16:22 - Nov 22 with 525 viewsrattram

Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 07:59 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

I didn’t know he played for Dortmund once...

To be honest, sounds like a disgruntled man, bit if gloom around his time here right now.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 8:44]

He was with Dortmund when they won the European Cup, but it means sweet f-all when it comes to management.
Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 16:45 - Nov 22 with 485 viewsPlums

I was exchanging tweets with a Stoke fan yesterday. He described Lambert’s time with them as:

“All passion and no substance. Totally out of his depth.
He was a chap you could warm because he worked hard and did care but his time was made up of bizarre selections, odd tactics and bluster.”

It looks painfully obvious that he’s learned little in the meantime and we are just on a rinse and repeat cycle. What an absolute masterstroke from Sunderland to scupper one of their rivals for half a decade by showing interest in their manager...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 16:52 - Nov 22 with 466 viewsstiff_talking

Message (plea) for Paul Lambert on 16:22 - Nov 22 by rattram

He was with Dortmund when they won the European Cup, but it means sweet f-all when it comes to management.

If Lambert was reading he would say look at the table!

The formation has been working but I am not sure Lambert has played
The best 11 he can within it.

Examples ;

Wilson and Wolfie are better center backs
Norwood is the best striker
Lankerster or Dobra should partner Edwards on his favored side
Downes and KVY out injured

With exception of Doncaster they system has worked and our results are better than they were.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024