Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LAMBERT IN 10:29 - Nov 23 with 2377 viewsBiGDonnie

Joint second with a game in hand, 97th minute winner after having a bad game. Not to mention the injuries and suspensions.

He's going nowhere.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

LAMBERT IN on 10:32 - Nov 23 with 1198 viewshomer_123

At best, surely this should read 'LAMBERT STAYS'?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

LAMBERT IN on 10:33 - Nov 23 with 1194 viewsHerbivore

Really poor trolling attempt this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

LAMBERT IN on 10:34 - Nov 23 with 1195 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Aboslutely won't be going anywhere. You can't sack a manager in the current position, nor should you at all.

Thing that annoyed me most over the weekend was his attitude towards Brenner, very poor from Lambert, very very rude.

I don't know whether he feels Brenner hasn't always been supportive through his tenure I really don't know.

But you certainly cannot knock where we are in the league right now, and the points colelcted so far.

It is ok saying 'played badly and still won, and that is a good etc'.

But if you play badly as you move through the levels, you won't win, because the qaulity of opposition will punish you where Shrewsbury probably didn't.

Give me 2 points from next 2, and then take 3 points from Oxford and I'll be delighted.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 10:34]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

LAMBERT IN on 10:35 - Nov 23 with 1182 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LAMBERT IN on 10:33 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Whether it is trolling or not I don't know.

But the OP makes points that can't really be argued with.

LAMBERT IN on 10:37 - Nov 23 with 1166 viewsHerbivore

LAMBERT IN on 10:35 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Technically there's no such thing as joint second, we're third. Otherwise he's not really put forward an argument, just stated some things. If he wants to make an actual argument for being pro-Lambert I'd be interested to hear it. Pointing out we won after playing badly doesn't amount to that though.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 11:20]

LAMBERT IN on 10:39 - Nov 23 with 1158 viewsjayessess

It's empirically true that he's going nowhere. We don't have to like it, but I can't imagine Evans sacking him without at least a few weeks out of the Top 6.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

LAMBERT IN on 10:40 - Nov 23 with 1156 viewsBiGDonnie

LAMBERT IN on 10:33 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

No trolling, I'm serious.

He's going nowhere, you know it too. It's a tough league this year and we're going well with a settled enough side.

Norwood's key I think with this system. Get him up to speed and we'll tear it up.

COYBs

LAMBERT IN on 10:41 - Nov 23 with 1146 viewsHerbivore

LAMBERT IN on 10:40 - Nov 23 by BiGDonnie

He's going nowhere, you know it too. It's a tough league this year and we're going well with a settled enough side.

Norwood's key I think with this system. Get him up to speed and we'll tear it up.

He's going nowhere, mainly because our owner is about as clueless as our manager. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

Lambert out.

Login to get fewer ads

LAMBERT IN on 10:41 - Nov 23 with 1145 viewsBiGDonnie

No trolling, I'm fully behind the gaffer. Some of the posts I've seen from the weekend are a shambles, hence feeling the need to get this one up.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 10:53]

COYBs

LAMBERT IN on 10:48 - Nov 23 with 1121 viewsjayessess

LAMBERT IN on 10:40 - Nov 23 by BiGDonnie

It is a tough league, but we've not had a tough run of fixtures.

Norwood isn't the key to anything based on the past 39 times he's featured for us.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

LAMBERT IN on 10:54 - Nov 23 with 1093 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LAMBERT IN on 10:41 - Nov 23 by BiGDonnie

No trolling, I'm fully behind the gaffer. Some of the posts I've seen from the weekend are a shambles, hence feeling the need to get this one up.

No I didn't think you were to be honest. Absolutely no problems with backing the manager at all.

I think as Blubs would call me, I'm a 'fence-sitter'. Can see both sides of the argument to be fair. But you can't knock where we are in the league certainly.

Next 8 are going to determine where we are heading this year, and probably the biggest run of games during Lamberts time.

LAMBERT IN on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 1089 viewsBiGDonnie

LAMBERT IN on 10:48 - Nov 23 by jayessess

Norwood isn't the key to anything based on the past 39 times he's featured for us.

He's the best we've got for the formation and system we play.

COYBs

LAMBERT IN on 10:57 - Nov 23 with 1069 viewsPJH

LAMBERT IN on 10:55 - Nov 23 by BiGDonnie

He's the best we've got for the formation and system we play.

So perhaps the formation and system is wrong?

Just saying.
LAMBERT IN on 11:00 - Nov 23 with 1055 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LAMBERT IN on 10:37 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Technically there's no such thing as joint second, we're third. Otherwise he's not really put forward an argument, just stated some things. If he wants to make an actual argument for being pro-Lambert I'd be interested to hear it. Pointing out we won after playing badly doesn't amount to that though.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 11:20]

Regardless, we are 3rd with a game in hand, a good position to be sitting right now.

I don't think an argument is trying to be made, merely stating positives in the current situation which can't really be countered.

As stated, these 8 are the biggest in the season for me, and in Lambert's tenure, we've got off to a good start.

LAMBERT IN on 11:01 - Nov 23 with 1043 viewsBiGDonnie

LAMBERT IN on 10:57 - Nov 23 by PJH

So perhaps the formation and system is wrong?

Just saying.

I don't think it is, this system allows us to pack the midfield with our best players, Dozzell, Bishop, and Downes. It's working well enough at the moment.

COYBs

LAMBERT IN on 11:02 - Nov 23 with 1034 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LAMBERT IN on 10:39 - Nov 23 by jayessess

It's empirically true that he's going nowhere. We don't have to like it, but I can't imagine Evans sacking him without at least a few weeks out of the Top 6.

No I think that's probably correct.

And that could happen over next 7 games certainly, but would rather wait and see if things go wrong, rather than hope and pray that things do, which whilst I'm sure is not the case for any Town fan, certainly comes across that way sometimes.

LAMBERT IN on 11:03 - Nov 23 with 1027 viewsChrisd

'Good sides get results playing badly', I'm reading this a lot. Good sides also show their capability by playing well in between those poor games. Unfortunately, for us the good games are few and far between, playing poorly is becoming the norm for us. I do agree with you though Default User, I can't see PL going anywhere either.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

LAMBERT IN on 11:04 - Nov 23 with 1018 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LAMBERT IN on 10:48 - Nov 23 by jayessess

Is is a tough league you are right, and we are yet to be truly tested over a run.

I do agree with OP, a fully fit Norwood will be vital for us this year - (IF he can become fully fit that is).

He's a good striker at this level.

LAMBERT IN on 11:04 - Nov 23 with 1015 viewsBiGDonnie

LAMBERT IN on 10:54 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

No I didn't think you were to be honest. Absolutely no problems with backing the manager at all.

I think as Blubs would call me, I'm a 'fence-sitter'. Can see both sides of the argument to be fair. But you can't knock where we are in the league certainly.

Next 8 are going to determine where we are heading this year, and probably the biggest run of games during Lamberts time.

Definitely. We've shown enough spirit to bounce back and winning after yesterdays performance will encourage the lads.

Keen to see Lankester get a run of games in the starting 11.

Never, ever ever ever ever ever ever listen to what blubfish has to say.

COYBs

LAMBERT IN on 11:06 - Nov 23 with 1007 viewshomer_123

LAMBERT IN on 11:00 - Nov 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Regardless, we are 3rd with a game in hand, a good position to be sitting right now.

I don't think an argument is trying to be made, merely stating positives in the current situation which can't really be countered.

As stated, these 8 are the biggest in the season for me, and in Lambert's tenure, we've got off to a good start.

No getting away from the fact that this year pretty much feels, looks and smells like last year though.

Here's hoping that it isn't and it's far better.

However, I don't think anyone can argue if we play like we did Saturday against Hull.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

LAMBERT IN on 11:08 - Nov 23 with 999 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LAMBERT IN on 11:03 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

'Good sides get results playing badly', I'm reading this a lot. Good sides also show their capability by playing well in between those poor games. Unfortunately, for us the good games are few and far between, playing poorly is becoming the norm for us. I do agree with you though Default User, I can't see PL going anywhere either.

That is true, and something that concerns me.

Good sides get results playing badly - and you might doing against Shrewsbury etc.

But when you move up through the levels, playing badly will generally mean you'll get punished by better sides.

I wouldn't mind reading that if we were playing badly vs P'boro, Hull, Charlton, Sunderland.

But when it is Shrewsbury and Crewe it has to ring a few alarm bells I guess.

LAMBERT IN on 11:10 - Nov 23 with 991 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LAMBERT IN on 11:04 - Nov 23 by BiGDonnie

Definitely. We've shown enough spirit to bounce back and winning after yesterdays performance will encourage the lads.

Keen to see Lankester get a run of games in the starting 11.

Never, ever ever ever ever ever ever listen to what blubfish has to say.

Whilst I agree.

I do want to see that same spirit to bounce back in games against the bigger sides.

I do feel against the better sides, I don't have that feel or spirit we will bounce back.

I feel when decent sides get the opener, we normally walk away with nothing.

LAMBERT IN on 11:11 - Nov 23 with 984 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LAMBERT IN on 11:06 - Nov 23 by homer_123

No getting away from the fact that this year pretty much feels, looks and smells like last year though.

Here's hoping that it isn't and it's far better.

However, I don't think anyone can argue if we play like we did Saturday against Hull.....

I certainly does have that feel, and you can sense it in the fans scepticism.

It is why I say the next 7 are the measuring stick for us for the season.

We come through it very well, I think it gives us a different perspective as to where we were last year.

We get rolled over by the bigger teams 'again'. It becomes a carbon copy of 19/20.

LAMBERT IN on 11:12 - Nov 23 with 982 viewsN2_Blue

LAMBERT IN on 10:41 - Nov 23 by BiGDonnie

Not a Lambert fan but he's not going anywhere and but fully agree some of the posts on here over the weekend were bordering on hysterical.

Anyone would think we got whopped 3-0. It was poor, not great and we have so many issues currently but we won, and with the boost a 97th minute winner gives you.
We average more than 2 pts per game, are 100% at home and sit third in the league. That is all that matters.

What happens if we play brilliantly in the next two games, everyone says that's what we want to see, but we end up losing both games. I'd rather take 2 Shrews type performances and win.

There are many things I'd like to see change, and i do have concerns our form may well fall away again like last season but i refuse to be out and out negative based on our actual position and points haul.

I also saw some encouraging things in the Shrews game, but it seems I'm on my own. Some of the little moves to make chances were great. Its not easy playing against a team, even a poor one, that sits 11 behind the ball after they've been gifted an early lead.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

LAMBERT IN on 11:19 - Nov 23 with 972 viewsGeoffSentence

Like last season we have been so unconvincing when beating this lowly teams, and so incapabable of beating the better ones that it cannot last.

I fear you are right that he is going nowhere yet, but I am in camp Fishers regarding his future. Unless we can find someone who can organise and motivate this team better we are doomed to 3rd tier mediocrity.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024