Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feels just like last season 15:58 - Nov 23 with 1992 viewshype313

The past few weeks have been pretty rough in reality, we look just like we did last season, started off playing some reasonable football, followed by some shocking losses and then a few very very lucky wins before it really petered out.

Nothing I've seen recently suggests we will turn the tide and start producing some gritty, fast paced, multi dimensional wins, and if we don't get points against Hull and Charlton then I can see us free falling before the Calvary return and we end up scraping another 10th or 11th finish.

Lambert hasn't shown that he can get the best out of this, or previous teams, he seems lost, muddled, moody and very 'McCarthy' like at the end of his tenure. So much is riding on this season, it's no overstatement to say if we don't go up, then I fear that this club will rot a way in the 3rd tier doldrums for years to come.

Evans has one of the most pivotal few weeks of his time here coming up, and my fear is he doesn't have the minerals to make the right decision....
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 15:59]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

In a nutshell. (n/t) on 15:59 - Nov 23 with 1975 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Feels just like last season on 16:00 - Nov 23 with 1977 viewsKieran_Knows

Of course he hasn't got the minerals, and even if he had, what joy we'll have to look forward to when the new man is another washed up, out of work manager.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Feels just like last season on 16:03 - Nov 23 with 1947 viewshype313

Feels just like last season on 16:00 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

Of course he hasn't got the minerals, and even if he had, what joy we'll have to look forward to when the new man is another washed up, out of work manager.

The best we can hope for is for the new manager bounce to ride out until the end of the season...

Feels just like last season on 16:04 - Nov 23 with 1945 viewsBeckets

Feels just like last season on 16:00 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

If he can avoid a decision he will do so.
Feels just like last season on 16:06 - Nov 23 with 1923 viewsBeckets

Feels just like last season on 16:04 - Nov 23 by Beckets

Also we must be due some waffle from O’Neill shortly.
Feels just like last season on 16:08 - Nov 23 with 1917 viewshype313

Feels just like last season on 16:04 - Nov 23 by Beckets

Sadly his loyalty to managers is to the detriment of his ownership.

Which is strange given he is a successful businessman, surely he should know when things aren't working and look to react quickly.

Feels just like last season on 16:36 - Nov 23 with 1863 viewspatrickswell

“Some shocking losses” - yes, the officiating in those games really was shocking, I agree.
Feels just like last season on 16:37 - Nov 23 with 1858 viewshype313

Feels just like last season on 16:36 - Nov 23 by patrickswell

“Some shocking losses” - yes, the officiating in those games really was shocking, I agree.

We can blame, and rightly so some shocking decisions by the officiating, but that doesn't deviate from the fact that we have been very poor.

Login to get fewer ads

Feels just like last season on 16:45 - Nov 23 with 1845 viewsMetal_Hacker

Feels just like last season on 16:37 - Nov 23 by hype313

We can blame, and rightly so some shocking decisions by the officiating, but that doesn't deviate from the fact that we have been very poor.

This is what's really irritating me

Fine , we're 3rd in a tin pot league but it's the [performances are diabolical

Sooner or later this is going to catch up on us ala last season for sure

Not sure how people can defend the performances and cannot see a similarity to last season

I've sat in the fence for the most regarding PL but I think his time is very close to being called ....or at least should be

Poll: If it were one or the other

Feels just like last season on 16:55 - Nov 23 with 1829 viewstractorboy1978

Feels just like last season on 16:37 - Nov 23 by hype313

You make your own luck to some extent. Virtually every game we play seems to be borderline with us sailing close to the wind and the margins being so fine that one dubious refereeing decision, one chance missed or one defensive mistake costs us.
Feels just like last season on 17:05 - Nov 23 with 1815 viewshype313

Feels just like last season on 16:45 - Nov 23 by Metal_Hacker

Not sure how people can defend the performances and cannot see a similarity to last season

I've sat in the fence for the most regarding PL but I think his time is very close to being called ....or at least should be

That's why I think these upcoming games are so pivitol, if they don't go our way, I just can't see where Lambert can go, Evans will have no choice but to let go.

Feels just like last season on 17:07 - Nov 23 with 1811 viewshype313

Feels just like last season on 16:55 - Nov 23 by tractorboy1978

You make your own luck to some extent. Virtually every game we play seems to be borderline with us sailing close to the wind and the margins being so fine that one dubious refereeing decision, one chance missed or one defensive mistake costs us.

Agreed, and we can't rely on those fine margins to get promoted.

Feels just like last season on 17:11 - Nov 23 with 1806 viewsHerbivore

Not sure it's even as good as last season. Last season after 12 games we had more points and we'd played Peterborough, Fleetwood, and a decent Burton side away from home and we'd picked up 7 points from those three games. We'd also been unfortunate in only drawing with Sunderland at home. This season the results against the better sides have been poorer than at this stage last season, and we've struggled to put the lesser sides away more so than we did in the early part of last season.

I guess the hope is that this season we don't fall away as spectacularly, but looking at recent performances and our upcoming fixtures I fear that might be a forlorn hope.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 17:12]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Feels just like last season on 17:14 - Nov 23 with 1790 viewshype313

Feels just like last season on 17:11 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Not sure it's even as good as last season. Last season after 12 games we had more points and we'd played Peterborough, Fleetwood, and a decent Burton side away from home and we'd picked up 7 points from those three games. We'd also been unfortunate in only drawing with Sunderland at home. This season the results against the better sides have been poorer than at this stage last season, and we've struggled to put the lesser sides away more so than we did in the early part of last season.

I guess the hope is that this season we don't fall away as spectacularly, but looking at recent performances and our upcoming fixtures I fear that might be a forlorn hope.

Well, quite, which is even more reason to be more concerned, two wins in the next two would be huge in the grand scheme of things, but are any of us confident that will happen? I'm not, I'm expecting two losses, and given the squad at our disposal, it's hugely frustrating as we should be approaching every game with a winning mentality.

Feels just like last season on 17:17 - Nov 23 with 1771 viewsPJH

Feels just like last season on 17:11 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

I don't think we are as good as this time last season.

Possession stats are probably better, helped by multiple passes in the CD-GK-CD triangle and further aided by CD passing to Nolan who then passes back to CD.
Feels just like last season on 22:24 - Nov 23 with 1661 viewspatrickswell

Feels just like last season on 16:45 - Nov 23 by Metal_Hacker

And what’s irritating me is people like hype313 using phrases like “shocking losses” when it’s demonstrable BS.

Hang in though everyone, the injuries are mounting up and I’m sure that’ll contribute to the tangible decline in results that people are willing us to undergo.
Feels just like last season on 22:53 - Nov 23 with 1627 viewsreusersfreekicks

Feels just like last season on 22:24 - Nov 23 by patrickswell

And what’s irritating me is people like hype313 using phrases like “shocking losses” when it’s demonstrable BS.

Hang in though everyone, the injuries are mounting up and I’m sure that’ll contribute to the tangible decline in results that people are willing us to undergo.

Strange post. People just expect better from the players/resources we have. He is not a good coach, that much is obvious. And it looks like his backroom staff aren't of the standard required. We have a good crop of academy players now coming through. Stay in div 3 too long and they will be gone
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 22:54]
Feels just like last season on 23:38 - Nov 23 with 1595 viewsEpiphone

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024