Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 16:01 - Nov 23 with 935 viewsElderGrizzly

Boris just now

[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 16:03]
4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:05 - Nov 23 with 906 viewsfooters

That still seems an awfully high number if a vaccine isn't delivered by the end of this supposed 'lockdown'.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any clue on apparent timelines for that? I've just seen vague mentions of 'weeks' but not much meat on the bone. Is it realistic to expect a first consignment before the year's end do we think?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:06 - Nov 23 with 883 viewsElderGrizzly

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:05 - Nov 23 by footers

That still seems an awfully high number if a vaccine isn't delivered by the end of this supposed 'lockdown'.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any clue on apparent timelines for that? I've just seen vague mentions of 'weeks' but not much meat on the bone. Is it realistic to expect a first consignment before the year's end do we think?

Yes, we’ll see vaccines from around 2nd week in December to high priority groups
4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:07 - Nov 23 with 871 viewsBlueBadger

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:05 - Nov 23 by footers

January, at best, I reckon. They'll need time to work out how to best distribute and store it, not to mention prime GPs and various other primary care types identifying who in their areas should be a priority.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:10 - Nov 23 with 849 viewsbluelagos

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:07 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

January, at best, I reckon. They'll need time to work out how to best distribute and store it, not to mention prime GPs and various other primary care types identifying who in their areas should be a priority.

The GPs did their thing when they identified those vulnerable during lockdown 1 (For food deliveries / shielding) - surely that can be used as the basis for identifying the priority cases?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 16:13]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:23 - Nov 23 with 754 viewsElderGrizzly

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:07 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

You’ll see some political stunt to get a wave done before Christmas. The PR is too tempting.

Also wonder if the 4,000 will still be a % of capacity? It says a maximum of 4,000
4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:25 - Nov 23 with 739 viewsfooters

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:06 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

Yes, we’ll see vaccines from around 2nd week in December to high priority groups

Interesting, cheers. Guessing it's the 40m(?) from Pfizer? I'm still of the belief that we need to lockdown again and only start opening up again in the new year, but as you say, Christmas complicates a lot of that for many reasons and 'Boris' wants to make another media stunt out of it. Oh well.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:26 - Nov 23 with 736 viewstractorboy1978

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:23 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

You’ll see some political stunt to get a wave done before Christmas. The PR is too tempting.

Also wonder if the 4,000 will still be a % of capacity? It says a maximum of 4,000

I read it's the lower of 4,000 and 50% capacity
4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:26 - Nov 23 with 737 viewsStokieBlue

Seems utterly daft to me but there you go.

Of course it's nice for the fans but does another few months whilst the vaccine is rolled out make much difference? I guess it does to the clubs finances, we will see.

What about travelling from tier 2 to tier 1 which means taking your tier with you and thus different rules for different people at the match. I am also assume it'll be home fans only to discourage this?

Aren't the teams in tier 2 and tier 3 going to scream even more than they were before that some clubs are getting the benefits of fans returning? Doesn't seem particularly fair.

SB
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 16:28]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:35 - Nov 23 with 688 viewsbluelagos

Can I be the first to say that if anyone gets allocated a ticket and can't go or doesn't want to, I'll happily use their ticket :-)

(£25 donation to the local foodbank too)

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:36 - Nov 23 with 677 viewsElderGrizzly

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:26 - Nov 23 by StokieBlue

Seems utterly daft to me but there you go.

Of course it's nice for the fans but does another few months whilst the vaccine is rolled out make much difference? I guess it does to the clubs finances, we will see.

What about travelling from tier 2 to tier 1 which means taking your tier with you and thus different rules for different people at the match. I am also assume it'll be home fans only to discourage this?

Aren't the teams in tier 2 and tier 3 going to scream even more than they were before that some clubs are getting the benefits of fans returning? Doesn't seem particularly fair.

SB
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 16:28]

You make valid points, which of course this shower won't have considered.
4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:38 - Nov 23 with 663 viewsMuncher

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:35 - Nov 23 by bluelagos

Can I be the first to say that if anyone gets allocated a ticket and can't go or doesn't want to, I'll happily use their ticket :-)

(£25 donation to the local foodbank too)

I'd happily go tomorrow with no restrictions, but there is almost certainly going to be a right pantomime, therefore my ticket will be available, I suspect for the remainder of this season.
4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:42 - Nov 23 with 642 viewsbluelagos

4,000 back in stadiums in a Tier 1 on 16:38 - Nov 23 by Muncher

I'd happily go tomorrow with no restrictions, but there is almost certainly going to be a right pantomime, therefore my ticket will be available, I suspect for the remainder of this season.

There will be a few ST holders who won't be comfortable going (for lots of valid reasons) - am sure the club will seek to ensure they are not allocated tickets if they don't wish to take them up.

But the offer stands :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024