Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bennetts 16:06 - Nov 23 with 3163 viewsSomethingBlue

Start for him tomorrow? Thought he was one of the few positives on Saturday, even aside from creating the equaliser, looked very bright. Tried to make things happen every time he got the ball, not always spot on in terms of when he releases it but think he looks ready for a go from the off.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bennetts on 16:07 - Nov 23 with 2751 viewscatch74

Yep, got gradually better and feel like the more starts he gets the less he’ll try and show what he can do, relax and play better.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Bennetts on 16:09 - Nov 23 with 2736 viewsitfcjoe

Sears especially is producing nothing at the moment, and think someone needs a go ahead of him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bennetts on 16:09 - Nov 23 with 2734 viewsSomethingBlue

Bennetts on 16:07 - Nov 23 by catch74

Yep, got gradually better and feel like the more starts he gets the less he’ll try and show what he can do, relax and play better.

Think that's a good way of putting it, he's looked a little frenetic at times and needs to understand not every run or pass has to be a worldie. But has clearly got something; been happy with his cameos so far and would like to see more.

Bennetts on 16:12 - Nov 23 with 2705 viewsRobTheMonk

Bennetts on 16:09 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

Sears especially is producing nothing at the moment, and think someone needs a go ahead of him

He's bottling tackles too. He looks like he's lost the will to fight.
Bennetts on 16:12 - Nov 23 with 2703 viewshomer_123

I'd be happy seeing either Bennetts or Jackson in ahead of Sears in that wide position.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bennetts on 16:14 - Nov 23 with 2694 viewsSomethingBlue

Sears/Ward looked quite a good left-sided combo in those early weeks but as the season chugs on it's a lot for two guys of their ages to maintain that freshness. In Freddie's case particularly the loss of half a yard's pace, totally understandable though it is, really knackers him and when everyone's fit it's hard to justify selecting him most weeks.

Bennetts on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 2663 viewstractorboy1978

Bennetts on 16:12 - Nov 23 by homer_123

I'd be happy seeing either Bennetts or Jackson in ahead of Sears in that wide position.

We can't start tomorrow with Judge and Sears in those wide positions, especially with no Edwards/Bishop to drive us forwards. We need a couple of players in there that can go past a man and carry us up the pitch. I'd probably go (but it'll never happen):

Holy

Chambers-Woolfy-McGuinness-Ward

Huws-Judge-McGavin

Lankester-Norwood-Jackson
Bennetts on 16:19 - Nov 23 with 2645 viewsIpswichKnight

I’d be very happy with either Bennetts or Lankaster are in ahead of Sears, however I have zero confidence that the manager will change it and I expect to be disappointed come 6pm tomorrow. We might get a change on the other flank as we might need Judge to play as a 10.
Login to get fewer ads

Bennetts on 16:22 - Nov 23 with 2631 viewsHerbivore

May as well give him a go. Someone who is a bit more direct and can carry the ball would be useful at the minute, especially with Edwards out. I've not been overly convinced by Bennetts, he's quick but looks like he's not quite figured out how to play football just yet. Needs to work on his use of the ball and decision-making. That said, his pace and willingness to carry the ball means he carries a threat and that's more than can be said of Sears and Judge presently.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bennetts on 16:24 - Nov 23 with 2625 viewsjayessess

Yes, absolute necessity. Our main bright spark when he came on.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bennetts on 16:26 - Nov 23 with 2615 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Uncut diamond this one. 25% of the time it bounces off his shins or he out dribbles himself but I will tolerate that as he has bum off seat potential and I need that buzz.
Bennetts on 16:27 - Nov 23 with 2602 viewsFixed_It

I like Freddie - but you are right.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bennetts on 16:29 - Nov 23 with 2590 viewsjayessess

Bennetts on 16:26 - Nov 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

Uncut diamond this one. 25% of the time it bounces off his shins or he out dribbles himself but I will tolerate that as he has bum off seat potential and I need that buzz.

As an attacking player, that's sort of alright. Especially as the ratio of falling over his feet to something productive should shift in our favour over time!

Bennetts on 16:30 - Nov 23 with 2584 viewsSomethingBlue

Bennetts on 16:22 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

May as well give him a go. Someone who is a bit more direct and can carry the ball would be useful at the minute, especially with Edwards out. I've not been overly convinced by Bennetts, he's quick but looks like he's not quite figured out how to play football just yet. Needs to work on his use of the ball and decision-making. That said, his pace and willingness to carry the ball means he carries a threat and that's more than can be said of Sears and Judge presently.

As someone above intimated, he looks a bit like a player who hasn't played much first-team football. But does also look like someone who can genuinely provide some magic out of nothing. Be good to see him on one of those flanks with Lankester perhaps taking the Bishop role.

Bennetts on 16:34 - Nov 23 with 2556 viewsBlueBadger

Bennetts on 16:22 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

It's totally going to be Judge on the wing again, isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bennetts on 16:37 - Nov 23 with 2540 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think Lambert will go expirience again here. Suspect front 3 could be:

Lankester - Norwood - Sears

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bennetts on 16:44 - Nov 23 with 2520 viewsWallingford_Boy

You've changed your tune!

But yes, Bennetts deserves a start and Sears is definitely not producing the goods.

RIP Sir Bobby

Bennetts on 16:51 - Nov 23 with 2492 viewsitfcjoe

Bennetts on 16:44 - Nov 23 by Wallingford_Boy

You've changed your tune!

But yes, Bennetts deserves a start and Sears is definitely not producing the goods.

Sears started the season well and was forming a good partnership with Ward, his football brain was helping him out and he was doing well - but now he’s not. Hard to know if he is a symptom or the cause, but not doing enough to stay in the team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bennetts on 16:54 - Nov 23 with 2470 viewsChrisd

Bennetts on 16:34 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

Yes, it’ll be Sears on the left and Judge on the right.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bennetts on 16:55 - Nov 23 with 2472 viewsHerbivore

Bennetts on 16:30 - Nov 23 by SomethingBlue

As someone above intimated, he looks a bit like a player who hasn't played much first-team football. But does also look like someone who can genuinely provide some magic out of nothing. Be good to see him on one of those flanks with Lankester perhaps taking the Bishop role.

He reminds me a bit of Andros Townsend when we had him on loan. Looks to have ability but not yet sure how to make best use of it in senior football. Hopefully he can learn quickly and be a real asset. He does carry a threat though even if he's raw so more than happy to throw him in at this point.

Bennetts on 16:56 - Nov 23 with 2460 viewsHerbivore

It's very likely, yeah. Although with so many midfielders out he might play Judge centrally and I'd have less of an issue with that.

Bennetts on 17:03 - Nov 23 with 2429 viewsclive_baker

Shirley he plays in the middle? Especially if he's planning on putting Huws and / or McGavin in there, we need someone to do their running. I reckon he'll go Huws, Judge, Lankester in the middle and stick Bennetts in from the start.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bennetts on 17:27 - Nov 23 with 2358 viewsjayessess

Bennetts on 17:03 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Shirley he plays in the middle? Especially if he's planning on putting Huws and / or McGavin in there, we need someone to do their running. I reckon he'll go Huws, Judge, Lankester in the middle and stick Bennetts in from the start.

Yeesh, Huws-Judge-Lankester as a midfield 3 is powder puff.

Bennetts on 17:30 - Nov 23 with 2350 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes. Didn’t always come off but he was at least being direct and trying to take people on. With Edwards presumably out, he surely is worth a start.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bennetts on 17:33 - Nov 23 with 2344 viewsDubtractor

Bennetts on 16:55 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

He reminds me a bit of Andros Townsend when we had him on loan. Looks to have ability but not yet sure how to make best use of it in senior football. Hopefully he can learn quickly and be a real asset. He does carry a threat though even if he's raw so more than happy to throw him in at this point.

I was reminded of Townsend on Saturday too. Think it is the way he gets his head down and dribbles, plus the determination to cut inside every time.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024