Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel 16:46 - Nov 23 with 5914 viewsElderGrizzly

Which builds on discussions we were having over the last few weeks on countries doing the same. Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and the USA (under Biden) will be some of the first to insist on the vaccine before you are let in.

USA will tie it to ESTAs.

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:47 - Nov 23 with 1881 viewsbluelagos

Will the UK also adopt a no vaccine no entry policy for overseas visitors?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:50 - Nov 23 with 1874 viewsStokieBlue

It has to be done, it's the only way the anti-vaxxers can be combated.

If people realise they can't go on holiday they might pay more attention to the science and less to the latest FB story they have been sent.

It will also ensure people remember to come back for their second vaccination and should increase uptake.

I assume it's actually dictated by the Aussie government and not Qantas? They haven't covered themselves in glory with their "sightseeing flights".

SB
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 16:51]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:51 - Nov 23 with 1853 viewsFixed_It

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:47 - Nov 23 by bluelagos

BuT WHat AboUt thE dinGHyS???

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:51 - Nov 23 with 1850 viewsJ2BLUE

Bloody good job.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:51 - Nov 23 with 1850 viewsMookamoo

Must do, if only to prevent infections from the US. It looks like they'll have it for while yet.
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:53 - Nov 23 with 1841 viewsBloomBlue

How will you prove it? Will they give out a CV vaccine certificate, they don't for things like the flu vaccine.
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:54 - Nov 23 with 1828 viewsElderGrizzly

We should.

We won't.
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:54 - Nov 23 with 1830 viewsStokieBlue

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:53 - Nov 23 by BloomBlue

How will you prove it? Will they give out a CV vaccine certificate, they don't for things like the flu vaccine.

Why are you still comparing C19 to the flu? It's beyond annoying now.

They do ask for vaccination proof in other countries already, for instance if you travel to Australia from a tropical country you need to present your yellow fever vaccination record.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:55 - Nov 23 with 1824 viewsStokieBlue

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:54 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

We should.

We won't.

They surely have to. I can't believe it won't be discussed if other countries are going down that route.

SB

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:56 - Nov 23 with 1811 viewsElderGrizzly

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:50 - Nov 23 by StokieBlue

It has to be done, it's the only way the anti-vaxxers can be combated.

If people realise they can't go on holiday they might pay more attention to the science and less to the latest FB story they have been sent.

It will also ensure people remember to come back for their second vaccination and should increase uptake.

I assume it's actually dictated by the Aussie government and not Qantas? They haven't covered themselves in glory with their "sightseeing flights".

SB
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 16:51]

Sightseeing flights were domestic only I believe.

My understanding is this is a private company decision right now, not Government.

It's all rather moot too, as Australia as of this week is not opening up to international travel until at least September 2021
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:56 - Nov 23 with 1804 viewsBlueBadger

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:53 - Nov 23 by BloomBlue

Lots of places want proof of vaccinations for all sorts of things. Most GPs will provide you with written proof should you want it. On the scale that the Covid vaccine is likely to be, I'd imagine there'll be some kind of electronic record.

Also, stop comparing it to flu, you ignoramus.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:57 - Nov 23 with 1800 viewsElderGrizzly

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:55 - Nov 23 by StokieBlue

They surely have to. I can't believe it won't be discussed if other countries are going down that route.

SB

We are discussing it with other countries now. The noise isn't great.

It could be targeted to certain countries initially
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:59 - Nov 23 with 1785 viewsBloomBlue

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:54 - Nov 23 by StokieBlue

They do ask for vaccination proof in other countries already, for instance if you travel to Australia from a tropical country you need to present your yellow fever vaccination record.

SB

I wasn't comparing CV to Flu I was asking a general question if they would be giving out a certificate after having the vaccine as the NHS currently don't for other vaccines. It was general question stop getting so defensive
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:00 - Nov 23 with 1776 viewsStokieBlue

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:56 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

Sightseeing flights were domestic only I believe.

My understanding is this is a private company decision right now, not Government.

It's all rather moot too, as Australia as of this week is not opening up to international travel until at least September 2021

Yes, the flights were nothing to do with this thread, just me voicing me disapproval at Qantas behaviour during the pandemic.

SB

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:06 - Nov 23 with 1750 viewsEireannach_gorm

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:54 - Nov 23 by StokieBlue

SB

Certification for Yellow Fever vaccination is a good comparison.
Plenty of countries do it.
https://www.southafrica.net/gl/en/travel/article/yellow-fever-entry-requirements
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/india
https://nathnacyfzone.org.uk/news/80/nigeria-phase-out-of-yellow-card
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:07 - Nov 23 with 1747 viewsbluelagos

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:59 - Nov 23 by BloomBlue

I wasn't comparing CV to Flu I was asking a general question if they would be giving out a certificate after having the vaccine as the NHS currently don't for other vaccines. It was general question stop getting so defensive

Have posted about this before, but the yellow fever thing (is basically a small passport size book (cardboard outer, pages inside) where each vaccination is stamped by the vaccinator (signed and dated too) much like a stamp for a car service. One page lists your details such as passport number so they are not transferable.

You carry it with you along with your passport and then present it at immigration in countries that require it.

It really isn't a major logistical issue to print them, fill them in, keep them and then present them as needed. Am sure a simple certificate from a doctor would also suffice as proof of vaccination for many countries.

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:08 - Nov 23 with 1744 viewshype313

Quite right too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:08 - Nov 23 with 1743 viewsbluelagos

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 16:54 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

We should.

We won't.

You know that or just assuming the worst?

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:10 - Nov 23 with 1733 viewsfactual_blue

BERT TWUMP WILLBEE PREZERDENT OF AMIRIKA FORE EVAR.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:10 - Nov 23 with 1726 viewsBlueBadger

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:07 - Nov 23 by bluelagos

Have posted about this before, but the yellow fever thing (is basically a small passport size book (cardboard outer, pages inside) where each vaccination is stamped by the vaccinator (signed and dated too) much like a stamp for a car service. One page lists your details such as passport number so they are not transferable.

You carry it with you along with your passport and then present it at immigration in countries that require it.

It really isn't a major logistical issue to print them, fill them in, keep them and then present them as needed. Am sure a simple certificate from a doctor would also suffice as proof of vaccination for many countries.

Hell, most NHS employers will accept a simple print out of a record for proof of hepatitis vaccination.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:13 - Nov 23 with 1728 viewsElderGrizzly

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:08 - Nov 23 by bluelagos

You know that or just assuming the worst?

I work where the discussions are taking place. (insert McDonalds quip here)

I genuinely don't think Boris will have the support to do it, no matter what the medical experts say.
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:13 - Nov 23 with 1720 viewsAce_High1

Yet again the Aussies getting it right...... can they adopt me as a citizen please?
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:18 - Nov 23 with 1708 viewsbluelagos

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:13 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

I work where the discussions are taking place. (insert McDonalds quip here)

I genuinely don't think Boris will have the support to do it, no matter what the medical experts say.

They can't be that stupid can they? I'm sorry, I know the politicans are fckwits but even they can't be that fcking stupid?

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:23 - Nov 23 with 1679 viewsElderGrizzly

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:18 - Nov 23 by bluelagos

They can't be that stupid can they? I'm sorry, I know the politicans are fckwits but even they can't be that fcking stupid?

They've ignored the experts since March on almost every lockdown decision and backtracked to that position weeks later.

Our experts wanted to shut our borders (like Australia did) back in March. Boris refused.
Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:28 - Nov 23 with 1662 viewsbluelagos

Qantas saying no vaccine, no travel on 17:23 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

They've ignored the experts since March on almost every lockdown decision and backtracked to that position weeks later.

Our experts wanted to shut our borders (like Australia did) back in March. Boris refused.

Yeah but in March Boris was still going round shaking hands with people in hospitals, and he was happy to go on TV and tell everyone.

We have all learned a lot in the past 8 months and largely accepted limits to our freedoms we wouldn't have thought possible in March...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024