Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... 13:06 - Nov 24 with 2551 viewsitfcjoe

......so still can't get a look in for the first team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:07 - Nov 24 with 1634 viewsSomethingBlue

Pretty disastrous first half of the season for him, whatever the facts behind it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:08 - Nov 24 with 1629 viewsDyland

I'd like to say the manager knows best, but....

Do we know anything about Bishop injury?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:09 - Nov 24 with 1610 viewshype313

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:08 - Nov 24 by Dyland

I'd like to say the manager knows best, but....

Do we know anything about Bishop injury?

Lads on KOA were saying months

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:10 - Nov 24 with 1603 viewsrunaround

Becoming obvious now that Lambert has the hump with Dobra for turning down a loan move to Crawley so won’t play him. Poor management in my opinion & putting his ego ahead of what’s best for the team
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:12 - Nov 24 with 1591 viewsDanTheMan

I don't really understand why he can't be on the bench. He seems perfect as an impact sub.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:13 - Nov 24 with 1586 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:07 - Nov 24 by SomethingBlue

Pretty disastrous first half of the season for him, whatever the facts behind it.

He was a used sub at home to Gillingham, coming on for the last 20 as we turned 0-0 into 1-0 - and hasn't been seen since

It's pathetic really - when we are likely missing Edwards and Bishop who have been the only two players to show ability to beat a man in the final third

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:13 - Nov 24 with 1590 viewsPhilTWTD

Might indicate that Nolan or Bishop is fit enough to be in the squad, despite PL having said he didn't expect them to be on Saturday.
FFS on 13:14 - Nov 24 with 1566 viewsDyland

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:09 - Nov 24 by hype313

Lads on KOA were saying months

If that is the case, even more reason to get Dobra into the first team frame.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:14 - Nov 24 with 1563 viewsHerbivore

It almost feels personal at this point. He's a talented player and whilst I doubt he's ready to be starting every week he's got to be a useful option off the bench, especially now we can make five changes. Crazy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:15 - Nov 24 with 1553 viewsgordon

Just a stubborn manager not wanting to be proved wrong.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:16 - Nov 24 with 1543 viewsSomethingBlue

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:13 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

He was a used sub at home to Gillingham, coming on for the last 20 as we turned 0-0 into 1-0 - and hasn't been seen since

It's pathetic really - when we are likely missing Edwards and Bishop who have been the only two players to show ability to beat a man in the final third

I don't particularly blame him for turning down Crawley but there must be/have been other loan options out there. He needs to be playing. Exactly the sort of player we mishandle and then does well elsewhere.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:21 - Nov 24 with 1513 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:16 - Nov 24 by SomethingBlue

I don't particularly blame him for turning down Crawley but there must be/have been other loan options out there. He needs to be playing. Exactly the sort of player we mishandle and then does well elsewhere.

Both Dobra and El Mizouni should be playing regularly this season - I'd have personally kept Idris here as such a versatile player to have on the bench and sent Dobra out.....but it seems that neither were going to play here for whatever reason.

Seemingly the reason is that despite it being 2020 the manager wants to be 'old school'

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:22 - Nov 24 with 1502 viewsHerbivore

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:21 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

Both Dobra and El Mizouni should be playing regularly this season - I'd have personally kept Idris here as such a versatile player to have on the bench and sent Dobra out.....but it seems that neither were going to play here for whatever reason.

Seemingly the reason is that despite it being 2020 the manager wants to be 'old school'

If Bishop does end up being out for a while then our only midfield player capable of offering anything like the same dynamism is out on loan at Cambridge. Given our injury record, it was always likely we might need El Miz at some point.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:23 - Nov 24 with 1491 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:16 - Nov 24 by SomethingBlue

There were, but mainly in Scotland for some reason. Falkirk was one but he didn't think that level would have benefited him. Mansfield were also keen but not sure how far that got. His reason for turning down Crawley was they were planning to play him in wide roles when he wants to play as a number 10 and didn't want to get pigeon-holed into a position which he doesn't believe is his best.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:34 - Nov 24 with 1424 viewsPJH

On the thread about the 'new' 5 subs thing the other day it was suggested that that would increase Dobra's chances of getting game time but I pointed out that the hard part for him would be getting selected for the 18 to start with. It really does look like he has got no chance at the moment, assuming that all those we expect to be unavailable tonight actually are unavailable.
If he cannot make the 18 now then chances in the near future look non-existent.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:34 - Nov 24 with 1426 viewsITFC_96

Pretty much a joke at this point.

If there is another ineffective Judge and Sears masterclass and we lose then this must surely be questioned by the media?
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:35 - Nov 24 with 1406 viewshomer_123

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:22 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

If Bishop does end up being out for a while then our only midfield player capable of offering anything like the same dynamism is out on loan at Cambridge. Given our injury record, it was always likely we might need El Miz at some point.

In addition, hasn't it been the case that (Edwards goals aside) the real bright spots and highlights have come from the likes of Bishop, Dozzell, Lankester McGavin et al.

Our seasoned pros (Judge, Sears, Huws, Nolan) have struggled to assert themselves in any meaningful way this season.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:36 - Nov 24 with 1396 viewshype313

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:35 - Nov 24 by homer_123

In addition, hasn't it been the case that (Edwards goals aside) the real bright spots and highlights have come from the likes of Bishop, Dozzell, Lankester McGavin et al.

Our seasoned pros (Judge, Sears, Huws, Nolan) have struggled to assert themselves in any meaningful way this season.

You could argue the previous season too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:36 - Nov 24 with 1390 viewshomer_123

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:36 - Nov 24 by hype313

You could argue the previous season too.

Yes, agreed.

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:36 - Nov 24 with 1387 viewsITFC_96

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:23 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

There were, but mainly in Scotland for some reason. Falkirk was one but he didn't think that level would have benefited him. Mansfield were also keen but not sure how far that got. His reason for turning down Crawley was they were planning to play him in wide roles when he wants to play as a number 10 and didn't want to get pigeon-holed into a position which he doesn't believe is his best.

The Crawley decision surely also came down to their manager. Doesn't exactly seem like the type you'd want to go on loan to (even compared to Lambert).
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:38 - Nov 24 with 1370 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:35 - Nov 24 by homer_123

Nolan started the season well but has faded - but yep it's been pretty much just Bishop and Edwards who have been the consistent sparks, but Dozzell has been the one making us tick and Lanbkester has been involved in a lot of key moments for someone who hasn't played much.

This league needs, pace, directness and confidence to try things - we have that in abundance with a solid core of experience around them - but we just keep persisting with experience

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:40 - Nov 24 with 1350 viewshomer_123

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:38 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

Nolan started the season well but has faded - but yep it's been pretty much just Bishop and Edwards who have been the consistent sparks, but Dozzell has been the one making us tick and Lanbkester has been involved in a lot of key moments for someone who hasn't played much.

This league needs, pace, directness and confidence to try things - we have that in abundance with a solid core of experience around them - but we just keep persisting with experience

This is where, I think, Bennetts is just starting to settle and show glimpses of that pace and directness - clearly not the finished article but in comparsion to Sears and Judge - I'd far rather see Bennetts occupy those wide positions.

I take your point re. Nolan - yes, he did start the season well.

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:41 - Nov 24 with 1339 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:40 - Nov 24 by homer_123

This is where, I think, Bennetts is just starting to settle and show glimpses of that pace and directness - clearly not the finished article but in comparsion to Sears and Judge - I'd far rather see Bennetts occupy those wide positions.

I take your point re. Nolan - yes, he did start the season well.

He tries to make things happen - yep he'll make the wrong decisions at times but he'll learn

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:44 - Nov 24 with 1315 viewsMullet

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:23 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

Difficult that, when you've got Lankester in a similar boat and Danny Rowe last season or two. Both went out on loan, only one here now and he's getting in the team. I'd always have argued that it's better to be playing football and getting games, but there's a certain swagger to his attitude there.

It'd have been nice to see him coming back knocking on the door from a loan wouldn't it? Wonder if Drinan would credit Ayr had he not got injured?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:51 - Nov 24 with 1278 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:44 - Nov 24 by Mullet

Difficult that, when you've got Lankester in a similar boat and Danny Rowe last season or two. Both went out on loan, only one here now and he's getting in the team. I'd always have argued that it's better to be playing football and getting games, but there's a certain swagger to his attitude there.

It'd have been nice to see him coming back knocking on the door from a loan wouldn't it? Wonder if Drinan would credit Ayr had he not got injured?

He did make positive comments about it earlier in the season:

Drinan: I Want to Stay in the Team For as Long as Possible 11th Sep 2020 13:39
Aaron Drinan has had to wait two and a half years to earn a first team place so it's understandable that he is in no hurry to let it slip away. 4

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024