Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Emmanuel 21:57 - Nov 24 with 2851 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Who let him go?
Was it PL when we got KVY?
Josh Emmanuel on 22:09 - Nov 24 with 2263 viewsGuthrum

He left on 2nd September 2019, 14 days after KVY arrived, so yes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Josh Emmanuel on 22:10 - Nov 24 with 2238 viewstractordownsouth

Was bloody stupid - said it at the time. Should've just paid up Donacien's contract instead - one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Josh Emmanuel on 22:11 - Nov 24 with 2223 viewsTieDyedIn95

He wasn't injured enough to stay on our books.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Josh Emmanuel on 22:12 - Nov 24 with 2225 viewsCokeIsKey

Didn't we terminate his contract so he could go to Bolton on a free? Another great example of Lambert embracing his youth and turning them into fine young players.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Josh Emmanuel on 22:13 - Nov 24 with 2200 viewsVaughan8

Not many people were moaning when he left.

People were saying how he wasn't good enough so let's not go back with hindsight.

No1 tested him. He would have been the weak link I would have attacked. He can't have improved that much in a year. He got an easy night tonight.
Josh Emmanuel on 22:16 - Nov 24 with 2177 viewsChurchman

Josh Emmanuel on 22:12 - Nov 24 by CokeIsKey

Didn't we terminate his contract so he could go to Bolton on a free? Another great example of Lambert embracing his youth and turning them into fine young players.

Yep. We paid money for a bloke to warm the treatment table while letting somebody go who’d done well in a promotion chasing side (Rotherham?) a year or two before.

The only thing Lambert embraces is the sound of his own voice.
Josh Emmanuel on 22:17 - Nov 24 with 2165 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Josh Emmanuel on 22:09 - Nov 24 by Guthrum

Big guy!
Very fit - he beat a lot of records in a fitness gym down in braintree I was told ( May have been the 2018 summer)
Just before his 1st appearances.

I agree should have kept him but that’s football- and sums up our luck with all these injuries.
Josh Emmanuel on 22:21 - Nov 24 with 2143 viewsRozz

I don't think this is a stick anyone can be beaten with. On tonight's show, Josh is about where you'd expect him to be on progression from playing every week in League 1 after leaving us.

Looks like he's worked on his deliveries, fair enough. Is he going to be the best RB in the league? No. He's still about half as effective as a fully fit KVY going forward.

All the best to him, though. He's doing better than 40% of our outfield players just in being fit to play.
Login to get fewer ads

Josh Emmanuel on 22:24 - Nov 24 with 2109 viewsSwansea_Blue

Josh Emmanuel on 22:21 - Nov 24 by Rozz

I don't think this is a stick anyone can be beaten with. On tonight's show, Josh is about where you'd expect him to be on progression from playing every week in League 1 after leaving us.

Looks like he's worked on his deliveries, fair enough. Is he going to be the best RB in the league? No. He's still about half as effective as a fully fit KVY going forward.

All the best to him, though. He's doing better than 40% of our outfield players just in being fit to play.

I thought he was pretty rough around the edges and is probably lucky to be in a promotion chasing side in L1. Not sour grapes, just didn't think he did well, although did have a good start in fairness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Josh Emmanuel on 23:02 - Nov 24 with 2029 viewsBent_double

Josh Emmanuel on 22:24 - Nov 24 by Swansea_Blue

I thought he was pretty rough around the edges and is probably lucky to be in a promotion chasing side in L1. Not sour grapes, just didn't think he did well, although did have a good start in fairness.

Agree with that, it was almost like he was trying to help us out a couple of times with the errors he made, but we should have attacked more down his side to expose his weaknesses.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Josh Emmanuel on 23:06 - Nov 24 with 2026 viewsPhilTWTD

Josh Emmanuel on 22:09 - Nov 24 by Guthrum

Although it was Mick who sent him out on loan prior to that and I was told at the time he would have been released at the end of that season, barring an outstanding campaign obviously.
Josh Emmanuel on 23:24 - Nov 24 with 1961 viewsStNeotsBlue

Josh Emmanuel on 23:06 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

Although it was Mick who sent him out on loan prior to that and I was told at the time he would have been released at the end of that season, barring an outstanding campaign obviously.

On tonight's performance he would have added to our starting 11. We are too static and without Bishop and Dozzell in the side we look poor and lacking in believe.

The vast majority of our throw ins go backwards and we rarely play any triangles due to the lack of movement off the ball. From each kick off after conceding the ball ended up with Holy which seems unnecessary.
Josh Emmanuel on 23:25 - Nov 24 with 1951 viewsMrTown

Crazy what good quality coaching can do eh.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 23:25]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Josh Emmanuel on 08:34 - Nov 25 with 1742 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Josh Emmanuel on 08:39 - Nov 25 with 1722 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Absolutely was the right decision to let him go. Fell away long before Lambert got here and didnt set the world alight at Bolton either. Let's not use hindsight to criticise here.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Josh Emmanuel on 08:41 - Nov 25 with 1712 viewsRozz

Josh Emmanuel on 08:34 - Nov 25 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I'll eat my hat if Josh Emmanuel ever plays in the premier league. Christ almighty.
Josh Emmanuel on 08:49 - Nov 25 with 1690 viewsHerbivore

Josh Emmanuel on 23:06 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

That was quite a way beforehand though. Hurst also then sent him out on loan for a year too before Lambert eventually released him. I do rather question the wisdom of signing Donacien for £750k and sending Emmanuel out on loan, but to be fair at the time on the rare occasion we gave him some minutes he looked a way off being ready.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Josh Emmanuel on 09:17 - Nov 25 with 1636 viewsjayessess

Josh Emmanuel on 08:39 - Nov 25 by JammyDodgerrr

Absolutely was the right decision to let him go. Fell away long before Lambert got here and didnt set the world alight at Bolton either. Let's not use hindsight to criticise here.

I'm always puzzled by this "hindsight" take. Paul Lambert is paid a lot of money to make judgements about players and we aren't. Discerning and nurturing ability that might not be obvious to the rest of us is the whole point of his job.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Josh Emmanuel on 09:17 - Nov 25 with 1634 viewsSouperJim

I've always liked Emmanuel and thought he would make a decent enough wing back with some consistent play time. Whatever you think of McCarthy there is little doubt that he is a good judge of a player and he liked Emmanuel enough to have him promoted to the first team. I said so on here several times, very few posters if any agreed with me and plenty told me I was wrong.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm not claiming he's a world beater, but there is a good chance that he'll have two league one promotions on his CV come the end of the season while our lot will have none. I certainly prefer him at right back to Chambers or Donacien.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Josh Emmanuel on 09:19 - Nov 25 with 1624 viewsElderGrizzly

He’s probably still got more chance of playing for us than Donacien does under Lambert
Josh Emmanuel on 09:23 - Nov 25 with 1613 viewsPhilTWTD

Josh Emmanuel on 08:49 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

That was quite a way beforehand though. Hurst also then sent him out on loan for a year too before Lambert eventually released him. I do rather question the wisdom of signing Donacien for £750k and sending Emmanuel out on loan, but to be fair at the time on the rare occasion we gave him some minutes he looked a way off being ready.

What I meant was that he wasn't nurtured particularly well here from a couple of managers back rather than it being wholly a Lambert decision.. Hurst evidently didn't see much in him despite probably knowing a fair bit amout him from his spell with Rotherham, who beat Shrewsbury in the play-off final.
Josh is just a mirror of the hopeless coaching we have experienced under Marcus on 09:41 - Nov 25 with 1559 viewsunstableblue

Fair play to Mick, he brought Emmanuel into the first team set-up in the successful 15-16 season, but Mick's style of play and drive to any form of progressive passing football, meant any step up was not going to happen, and Emmanual was dropped into the mire. In general Marcus's terrible appointments meant its just another academy player drilled in one style and presented with just total BOLLOX coaching/ethos, technical development, when coming up to the first team.

All Marcus' appointments have been grumpy, gruff communicators, who never talk about the technical/tactical aspects of a game. And they just coach like sh!t. Jim Magilton was hugely flawed - but its probably the last time we played passing, attacking football with temp fairly consistently. And fans were entertained.

How many teams with lesser squads, and have come to Portman Road and just looked far better coached teams,with far more shape and catalogue of moves and transitions? Jewell, McCarthy (perhaps the worst for us looking inferior at home), Hurst? woeful. driving loyal blues away.

I had some hope for Lambert there were games in the Championship relegation (West Brom sticks in the mind) where the passing was really positive and we looked like a team. It felt like at least a system that meant it linked to the academy.

But the defensive shape and attacking moves with real bit,and critically the fight to press teams, seems to be disappearing.

So depressing. WHO THE FECK ADVISES MARCUS... shocking.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Josh Emmanuel on 10:09 - Nov 25 with 1519 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Josh Emmanuel on 09:17 - Nov 25 by jayessess

I'm always puzzled by this "hindsight" take. Paul Lambert is paid a lot of money to make judgements about players and we aren't. Discerning and nurturing ability that might not be obvious to the rest of us is the whole point of his job.

Correct - we aren't. But this was barely even Lamberts decision, he was on the way out when Mick was here, and Hurst was not impressed either. It was barely even a decision and nobody was sad to see him go as he clearly wasn't good enough. People are turning it over like it was some criminal decision just because he had a half decent game against us. I do not support Lambert but we are better than this surely.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Josh Emmanuel on 10:10 - Nov 25 with 1517 viewsHerbivore

Josh Emmanuel on 09:23 - Nov 25 by PhilTWTD

What I meant was that he wasn't nurtured particularly well here from a couple of managers back rather than it being wholly a Lambert decision.. Hurst evidently didn't see much in him despite probably knowing a fair bit amout him from his spell with Rotherham, who beat Shrewsbury in the play-off final.

Fair enough. I think sending him to Rotherham for a year wasn't a bad shout to be fair, he was still young and raw back then and not ready to push on here. That loan spell worked well for him. Sending him to Shrewsbury the following year was what killed any chance of him making it here, he'd come back on a high and was bombed straight back out in favour of a League 2 right back in Donacien. That loan spell didn't go so well and it was clear then that he'd never make it here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Josh Emmanuel on 10:18 - Nov 25 with 1499 viewsjayessess

Josh Emmanuel on 10:09 - Nov 25 by JammyDodgerrr

Correct - we aren't. But this was barely even Lamberts decision, he was on the way out when Mick was here, and Hurst was not impressed either. It was barely even a decision and nobody was sad to see him go as he clearly wasn't good enough. People are turning it over like it was some criminal decision just because he had a half decent game against us. I do not support Lambert but we are better than this surely.

I'm sorry, Emmanuel wasn't a 16-year-old with hidden attributes. If you release a player aged 22 and they then show up at a better team playing a lot better than your equivalent players, you've screwed up. Bottom line.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024