Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK 22:09 - Nov 24 with 924 viewstractordownsouth

Is there any possibility at all that Evans will consider pulling the trigger soon/ is looking at other managers ? I know there were murmurings just before Hurst left, but haven't heard anything of that sort this time around yet.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK on 22:11 - Nov 24 with 909 viewsblueboyd

Not a chance, it was Evans who loved his work so much he bestowed an amazing new contract on him. He won't pull the trigger.
FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK on 22:14 - Nov 24 with 852 viewsTieDyedIn95

As awful as Lambert is, by appointing him after his record since leaving Norwich I wouldn't trust Evans to do any better with a new managerial choice than what we have. He'd be on less money for a start, so what barrel would we be scraping this time?

It will be a pointless feelgood appointment like Dyer, keeps people happy for another season until reality hits again.

Evans is the problem, the managers are just following the extended 5 year plan.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK on 06:56 - Nov 25 with 624 viewsellerblue

There is no chance that Evans will fire Lambert in this current climate with no income incoming there is no way he will pay Lambert off we are stuck with an owner who regards the club as a insignificant part of his buisness empire and has lost all interest in it just like a broken toy.

Heinsberg Blue

FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK on 07:08 - Nov 25 with 582 viewsChrisd

FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK on 22:14 - Nov 24 by TieDyedIn95

As awful as Lambert is, by appointing him after his record since leaving Norwich I wouldn't trust Evans to do any better with a new managerial choice than what we have. He'd be on less money for a start, so what barrel would we be scraping this time?

It will be a pointless feelgood appointment like Dyer, keeps people happy for another season until reality hits again.

Evans is the problem, the managers are just following the extended 5 year plan.

Evans remains the main problem ultimately, he's a very poor club owner not financially, but in terms of his leadership. Until he moves on, we'll continue with this malaise. Ideally, right now we need an owner that has a genuine interest in us as a club, wants us to succeed and has clear plans for our future which he or she drives forward. I just don't get that impression with ME, he pumps in his £6m to keep us a float and 'hopes' something successful occurs. The infrastructure and whole thought process needs overhauling, we really need a new broom to sweep clean, nothing will change whilst ME is still here.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK on 07:19 - Nov 25 with 519 viewsgordon

FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK on 07:08 - Nov 25 by Chrisd

Evans remains the main problem ultimately, he's a very poor club owner not financially, but in terms of his leadership. Until he moves on, we'll continue with this malaise. Ideally, right now we need an owner that has a genuine interest in us as a club, wants us to succeed and has clear plans for our future which he or she drives forward. I just don't get that impression with ME, he pumps in his £6m to keep us a float and 'hopes' something successful occurs. The infrastructure and whole thought process needs overhauling, we really need a new broom to sweep clean, nothing will change whilst ME is still here.

Yes - if Evans doesn't want to get involved fine, he wouldn't be a help anyway, but he's needed strong football characters in leadership roles at the club for years - someone who could have said 'no' to Hurst, or at least said 'no' to all the awful decisions he made, which we're still paying the price for.
FAO Phil/ anyone else ITK on 08:14 - Nov 25 with 380 viewsitfcjoe

I'm not mega ITK but hear things from time to time - but speaking to people in a similar situation to me, there is no real info, because there are no games for people to chat at and gauge opinions.....especially for someone like ME.

At a guess, only ITK stuff that will get out at the moment is from players, which won't tell you much

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024