Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert's comments from EADT 22:10 - Nov 24 with 2633 viewsgtsb1966

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/lambert-on-ipswich-3-0-hull-1-6944052
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:19 - Nov 24 with 2065 viewsTheBoyBlue

"No, because we’re hopeless with two up two. In my opinion we are not as strong like that."

Yes, because we're not hopeless with one up front are we?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:26 - Nov 24 with 1991 viewsHerbivore

What a tw@t. Having a pop at the youngsters when the likes of Judge are playing like pub players. Saying we're useless with two up top when he literally played an entire season with two up top last season with more or less the same squad.

He needs to get the fook out of our club. Charlatan.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 22:27]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:30 - Nov 24 with 1939 viewslmfcblue

Why have 3 strikers on the bench if you have no interest in at times to play 2 up top for a plan b???
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:32 - Nov 24 with 1894 viewsreusersfreekicks

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:26 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

What a tw@t. Having a pop at the youngsters when the likes of Judge are playing like pub players. Saying we're useless with two up top when he literally played an entire season with two up top last season with more or less the same squad.

Sounds like it's all getting to him doesn't it? Very bizarre, illogical and completely without footballing credibility
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:32 - Nov 24 with 1886 viewshaynes_toe1

Thanks for the link. Not the best post interview - not sure why he feels he has to protect the senior players and not the youngsters
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:34 - Nov 24 with 1837 viewsIpswichKnight

Blokes a fraud and is now just saying random gibberish to try and hide the fact that everyone can now see he’s a fraud. Just get out of our club.
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:38 - Nov 24 with 1787 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:30 - Nov 24 by lmfcblue

Why have 3 strikers on the bench if you have no interest in at times to play 2 up top for a plan b???

Precisely. If you have no intention of going two up top under any circumstances then why have three strikers on the bench and Dobra sat at home? The guy is a clown.

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:38 - Nov 24 with 1783 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:26 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

Awful Herbs. Just awful. Those with more urgency and crisper play tonight were invariably the younger players. The bloke's an aresehole.

What does that interview say to the younger players? How does that help them get up for the next game? It doesn't. Brendan Rodgers is my go to on on man management. He always gets more than the sum of the parts out of a team. And never slags off his players publically. He doesn't in private either according to those who've worked with him. He 'just' builds up his players so they feel invincible, and then through his coaching team gives them a clear job to do. Or in other words, he's everything Lambert isn't.

(I'm not expecting us to get Rodgers before anyone says it).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:40 - Nov 24 with 1727 viewsSuffolktractor

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:38 - Nov 24 by Swansea_Blue

Awful Herbs. Just awful. Those with more urgency and crisper play tonight were invariably the younger players. The bloke's an aresehole.

What does that interview say to the younger players? How does that help them get up for the next game? It doesn't. Brendan Rodgers is my go to on on man management. He always gets more than the sum of the parts out of a team. And never slags off his players publically. He doesn't in private either according to those who've worked with him. He 'just' builds up his players so they feel invincible, and then through his coaching team gives them a clear job to do. Or in other words, he's everything Lambert isn't.

B*gger, I thought you had some inside info!
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:40 - Nov 24 with 1724 viewsHerbivore

He throws players, individually and collectively, under the bus all the time. It's ridiculous. It's terrible management.

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:41 - Nov 24 with 1707 viewshomer_123

Tonight our senior pros needed to step up. Judge, Sears, Huws, Holy, Chambers and Ward didn't.

Norwood did.

Having a pop at the younger players is fine if he can hold his senior pros up as an example. It rather misses the point when said senior pros are consistently poor.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:42 - Nov 24 with 1699 viewshadleighboyblue

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:32 - Nov 24 by haynes_toe1

Thanks for the link. Not the best post interview - not sure why he feels he has to protect the senior players and not the youngsters

It's the senior players he should be criticising , they should be helping and encouraging the younger players .

He is dragging this club further and further down - he hasn't got a clue tactically or motivating his players - his comments are ridiculous , we need him gone now
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:42 - Nov 24 with 1692 viewsreusersfreekicks

And what the feck is all the we need to ne nastier about. No sane person would have thought that was an issue this evening. We were outplayed and out thought by a better set up team. Never read a post match interview so full of garbage.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 22:48]
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:45 - Nov 24 with 1664 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:19 - Nov 24 by TheBoyBlue

"No, because we’re hopeless with two up two. In my opinion we are not as strong like that."

That final paragraph!

He seems to think we win matches by dominating possession (in our own half) despite all the evidence.

You win matches by scoring more goals than the opposition. As poor as he recognises we were last season, Jackson and Norwood looked like a partnership.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:47 - Nov 24 with 1621 viewsClareBlue

He does this to try and hide his own inadequacies. In any job, people who do this are beneath contempt, especially when they target teenagers to try and save their own hide.

It is a sad day when someone who has supported this club for 45 years types that the manger of my club is beneath contempt, but I have typed it and stand by it.

Someday he will be a distant memory, hopefully Christmas Day 2020
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:50 - Nov 24 with 1573 viewsChurchman

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:40 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

He throws players, individually and collectively, under the bus all the time. It's ridiculous. It's terrible management.

If I had a niggling injury and I was playing for a garbage club managed by a muppet like Lambert, I’d certainly not rush back to fitness just to be thrown under the bus. Just wild conspiracy theory borne of disappointment, but it may partially explain why so many players are shining their rear ends.
Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:50 - Nov 24 with 1567 viewspointofblue

The only thing I’m clinging onto is he’s trying to throw Bowyer off the scent - switching to a 4-4-2 feels like a possibility after tonight so dismissing it out of hand might be a case of deception?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:53 - Nov 24 with 1519 viewsBlueBadger

I tell you what, for someone who arrived with a rep as a 'motivator' he sure appears to be crap at it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert's comments from EADT on 23:25 - Nov 24 with 1374 viewsFixed_It

We missed our chance when he was rumoured to be lined up to 'help' Roy Keane with our coaching. What might have been...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert's comments from EADT on 23:48 - Nov 24 with 1312 viewsPinewoodblue

Lambert's comments from EADT on 23:25 - Nov 24 by Fixed_It

We missed our chance when he was rumoured to be lined up to 'help' Roy Keane with our coaching. What might have been...

Didn't Evans veto it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lambert's comments from EADT on 23:58 - Nov 24 with 1265 viewsStNeotsBlue

Lambert's comments from EADT on 23:48 - Nov 24 by Pinewoodblue

Didn't Evans veto it.

No, pretty sure BR had his sights set higher than being Keane's deputy and wasn't interested.
Lambert's comments from EADT on 01:10 - Nov 25 with 1166 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen a picture of a dejected Chambers covering his face with his shirt.

If there's ever a book about our horrendous demise... that's on the front cover.

Sickening.
Lambert's comments from EADT on 06:43 - Nov 25 with 1016 viewsVaughan8

Yes some really strange quotes last night.

How can you say we're hopeless with 2 up front?

Also saying it's a job not a hobby. Not sure what he is getting at. Is Lankester not owning up to his poor pass which he mentioned or something?

Also this "we dominated the game/possession". No, Hull went 1 up after 2 minutes and let us have possession (like a lot of teams) because we don't have possession in key areas.

Also not sure what he is seeing when he says "We had some really good moments, balls getting sent across the face of the goal". I can't remember us having too many shots or "near goal moment"

Hull did not look that good but we were so poor. The goals were not good and were let in at crucial moments. Once it went 2-0 you knew it was there's to lose not us to go and win/draw.
Lambert's comments from EADT on 07:09 - Nov 25 with 964 viewsgordon

Lambert's comments from EADT on 22:30 - Nov 24 by lmfcblue

Yeah exactly - if he thinks Hawkins, Drinan and Jackson are all central players, then he had three players on the bench covering one position, rather than Dobra, who could have offered an alternative to Judgey.
Lambert's comments from EADT on 07:13 - Nov 25 with 942 viewsgordon

Lambert's comments from EADT on 06:43 - Nov 25 by Vaughan8

Yes some really strange quotes last night.

How can you say we're hopeless with 2 up front?

Also saying it's a job not a hobby. Not sure what he is getting at. Is Lankester not owning up to his poor pass which he mentioned or something?

Also this "we dominated the game/possession". No, Hull went 1 up after 2 minutes and let us have possession (like a lot of teams) because we don't have possession in key areas.

Also not sure what he is seeing when he says "We had some really good moments, balls getting sent across the face of the goal". I can't remember us having too many shots or "near goal moment"

Hull did not look that good but we were so poor. The goals were not good and were let in at crucial moments. Once it went 2-0 you knew it was there's to lose not us to go and win/draw.

Re the Lankester comments, he also said he told them to take more risks with the ball at half-time:

'take more risks with the ball lads but if that goes wrong for you, watch out for my post-match comments! OK cheers guys have a great half!'

Can fully understand why they all just want to play safe passes back and forth or meaningless, low-risk, long balls.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024