Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we laugh or do we cry? 22:28 - Nov 24 with 487 viewsdominiciawful

I don't know anymore.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Do we laugh or do we cry? on 22:44 - Nov 24 with 459 viewsTieDyedIn95

The joke is most think we can wave a wand have a new manager and suddenly everything will be better. It's 2018-lite. The problem is the owner.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Do we laugh or do we cry? on 06:48 - Nov 25 with 389 viewsVaughan8

Do we laugh or do we cry? on 22:44 - Nov 24 by TieDyedIn95

The joke is most think we can wave a wand have a new manager and suddenly everything will be better. It's 2018-lite. The problem is the owner.

The owner doesn't make the players play crap though?

The owner doesn't make them not mark players for goals?

Not sure what he can do. The salary cap means we csnt just spend money.

I firmly believe with our players, we should be top 6 in this league. The fact we can't beat a top team for years is worrying.

How for example doesn't Dobra get a chance when players like Sears and Judge don't do a lot most games? Im not sure that is the owner?

It's too easy to say "it's the owner". A decent manager would get the best out of his players. The post match interview is just weird after last night.

Evans chooses these managers, i get that. His track record isn't great which is why getting rid of Lambert would be ok but who would he bring in.....
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 6:51]
Do we laugh or do we cry? on 07:46 - Nov 25 with 343 viewsTractorWood

Do we laugh or do we cry? on 06:48 - Nov 25 by Vaughan8

I firmly believe with our players, we should be top 6 in this league. The fact we can't beat a top team for years is worrying.

How for example doesn't Dobra get a chance when players like Sears and Judge don't do a lot most games? Im not sure that is the owner?

It's too easy to say "it's the owner". A decent manager would get the best out of his players. The post match interview is just weird after last night.

Evans chooses these managers, i get that. His track record isn't great which is why getting rid of Lambert would be ok but who would he bring in.....

Defence is awful. We have a few youngsters who are good on paper and mid-table on grass. We also have about 5 senior pros who just seem to be perfectly dove tailing their career decline with a decreasing standard of football.

Our manager is left alone to run the club, train the team, source transfers all within a pretty non existent budget 'overseen' by an owner who frankly doesn't care, doesn't understand the sport, applies no pressure, is incapable of making a good decision and surrounds the club with underqualified sycophants. Harsh I know but it's demonstrably true.

The club has no strategy. No people with the impetus or experience to come up with a strategy and a manager going through the motions, whilst safe in the knowledge that he can't lose. This is because he either magically gets us promoted and is a hero or he gets a £2m pay out and slides off into the sunset after Evans dithers for another 9 months.

No crowd plays into Lambert's leverage and narrative too. He would have good torn to shreds last night by the North stand.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Do we laugh or do we cry? on 08:16 - Nov 25 with 322 viewsRegencyBlue

Do we laugh or do we cry? on 06:48 - Nov 25 by Vaughan8

The owner sets the course for the club. The only reason the salary cap is going to affect us as much as it will is because Evans has brought us to our lowest level for more than sixty years.

The owner sells our better players and provides a budget which means we can only replace them with cheaper/free poorer quality ones. Our squad is large in numbers but very short on quality, a direct result of years of this misguided approach.

The owner is the one who displays zero ambition for the club, an attitude that permeates it at all levels as far as I can see. Too easy to blame the owner? After 13 years who else is there to blame? He is the one constant in our relentless decline.

Put another way, you can change the monkey as many times as you want but whilst the organ grinder stays the same nothing will change!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024