Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science 00:38 - Nov 25 with 750 viewsBasuco

Just watched this on BBC2, very sobering and quite scary how inept the government response was.

Puts into perspective losing a game of football (badly) and getting upset and angry about it.

It is well worth watching on catch up.
Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 07:22 - Nov 25 with 601 views26_Paz

I’ve seen it. For me it highlighted the diversity of opinion the government were getting.

The Paz Man

Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 08:29 - Nov 25 with 524 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 07:22 - Nov 25 by 26_Paz

I’ve seen it. For me it highlighted the diversity of opinion the government were getting.

The only people in the country who have done their jobs worse than Paul Lambert in 2020 are the Cabinet.

Why do you defend them? They don't give a toss about you!
Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 09:11 - Nov 25 with 492 viewsMonkeyAlan

Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 08:29 - Nov 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

The only people in the country who have done their jobs worse than Paul Lambert in 2020 are the Cabinet.

Don't think any government would have done much better. Most countries have struggled terribly. No one is really winning the battle. France, Germany etc back in lockdown. Italy, Spain still struggling badly. America, Brazil, India, Russia, all big countries doing no better. Trouble is, we don't see how others are suffering just the same because our media is concentrated on our own country, which is fair enough. It's new to the whole world. There isn't a set of rules. There is no book on what to do. Everyone is stumbling around in the dark. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the vaccines.
Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 09:12 - Nov 25 with 491 views26_Paz

Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 08:29 - Nov 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

I’m not defending them. They’ve managed the situation dreadfully. I’m just saying some of these scientists didn’t have the first clue what they were talking about at the time. What that programme. One was saying lockdown, one was saying don’t lock down. It doesn’t seem clear who had responsibility for what. I guess that’s the government’s fault for not having a proper pandemic plan in place. Would have stopped everything from being all over the place.

The Paz Man

Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 10:03 - Nov 25 with 459 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 09:11 - Nov 25 by MonkeyAlan

Don't think any government would have done much better. Most countries have struggled terribly. No one is really winning the battle. France, Germany etc back in lockdown. Italy, Spain still struggling badly. America, Brazil, India, Russia, all big countries doing no better. Trouble is, we don't see how others are suffering just the same because our media is concentrated on our own country, which is fair enough. It's new to the whole world. There isn't a set of rules. There is no book on what to do. Everyone is stumbling around in the dark. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the vaccines.

Apart from New Zealand. And Australia. And most of South East Asia.

Rory Stewart is on film over a week before the lockdown explaining how he would have handled it. Every day that was wasted was a day of exponential growth in cases, and therefore adding many days to the tail at the end. Lockdown hard and early, close the borders. Then you can come out of it, as New Zealand have done.

Of course that's the same Rory Stewart who was deselected as a Conservative MP for last year's election on Boris' orders, and informed by text.
Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 10:29 - Nov 25 with 440 viewsCoachRob

Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science on 10:03 - Nov 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

Apart from New Zealand. And Australia. And most of South East Asia.

Rory Stewart is on film over a week before the lockdown explaining how he would have handled it. Every day that was wasted was a day of exponential growth in cases, and therefore adding many days to the tail at the end. Lockdown hard and early, close the borders. Then you can come out of it, as New Zealand have done.

Of course that's the same Rory Stewart who was deselected as a Conservative MP for last year's election on Boris' orders, and informed by text.

Exactly this. As you point out, the strategy in countries like Thailand, Taiwan, and New Zealand was to eradicate the virus from the community and deal with any flare ups quickly. Our strategy seems to have been to 'control' the spread and the success of that is there for all to see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024