Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... 12:24 - Nov 25 with 1038 viewsSE1blue

Telling us to hang in there during these tough times and to stick together. COVID, injuries, budget, better days...it’ll all be in there.

Paul Lambert can’t buy us a beer.

We can’t rename any more parts of the ground after former players.

There’s no more PR to be spun.

Somewhere in the world, there’s a billionaire’s assistant hashing out a ‘heartfelt’ letter to the people who do actually care. It’s that time of year.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:28 - Nov 25 with 1002 viewsJ2BLUE

A conspiracy theorist might suggest being 'trapped' in league one with a salary cap we can afford with a fraction of PR filled and no longer making a loss of millions per season would be just fine with Evans. We need to remember we are a failed investment, nothing more. The easiest way for him to stop the bleeding is in we remain in this division being able to blame the salary cap for lack of investment. If we became a yoyo club from league one to the Championship he might even recoup a few million each time we go up.

Before anyone dismisses this you must remember we are a failed investment. He is not an Ipswich fan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:31 - Nov 25 with 982 viewsIllinoisblue

Maybe we’ll get treated to another video interview

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:32 - Nov 25 with 974 viewshaynes_toe1

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:28 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

A conspiracy theorist might suggest being 'trapped' in league one with a salary cap we can afford with a fraction of PR filled and no longer making a loss of millions per season would be just fine with Evans. We need to remember we are a failed investment, nothing more. The easiest way for him to stop the bleeding is in we remain in this division being able to blame the salary cap for lack of investment. If we became a yoyo club from league one to the Championship he might even recoup a few million each time we go up.

Before anyone dismisses this you must remember we are a failed investment. He is not an Ipswich fan.

Bit naive with the finances but overall if we had say, 10k fans during the salary cap where would we sit financially? Would Evans not have to put money in every year to a similar tune?
I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:32 - Nov 25 with 976 viewsMrTown

Maybe we'll get a new 5-point plan.

Maybe a little interview as well.

What a time to be alive.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:33 - Nov 25 with 971 viewsSteve_M

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:31 - Nov 25 by Illinoisblue

Maybe we’ll get treated to another video interview

Ah, remember when people were getting really excited over the because they had convinced themselves Mick McCarthy was the biggest problem at the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:34 - Nov 25 with 958 viewsfooters

We'll take inspiration from Liverpool and start renaming the doors.

That should placate the fans.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:36 - Nov 25 with 961 viewsTieDyedIn95

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:33 - Nov 25 by Steve_M

Ah, remember when people were getting really excited over the because they had convinced themselves Mick McCarthy was the biggest problem at the club.

They also looked forward to a holiday in League One, new grounds, young and exciting players and so on. They didn't know that this league is awful and the bottom two tiers of England football are barely professional in terms of footballing standards.

It's always the managers fault though.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:37 - Nov 25 with 955 viewsitfcjoe

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:36 - Nov 25 by TieDyedIn95

They also looked forward to a holiday in League One, new grounds, young and exciting players and so on. They didn't know that this league is awful and the bottom two tiers of England football are barely professional in terms of footballing standards.

It's always the managers fault though.

You have a point with regards to why we got relegated, but Evans has given the manager enough to succeed in this league.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:38 - Nov 25 with 941 viewsFrimleyBlue

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:28 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

Evans on a win win.

Investment has failed and he's stuck with the club. Use us for all his advertising. Pays out bugga all to do it

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:39 - Nov 25 with 934 viewsSE1blue

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:34 - Nov 25 by footers

We'll take inspiration from Liverpool and start renaming the doors.

That should placate the fans.

‘The Michael Chopra Betting Kiosk’

‘The Paul Lambert 5 Year Contract Urinals’ - for people who take the pi$$.

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:50 - Nov 25 with 883 viewsRegencyBlue

I make you right.

Problem for our illustrious owner now is that if he told us the sky is blue most of us would go outside to check!
I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 13:12 - Nov 25 with 821 viewsGuthrum

But with significantly reduced income from TV (plus broadcast game fees) and Solidarity Payments, lower ST/on the door prices and smaller attendances (away fans as well as our own), is he going to be saving as much as people think?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 13:14 - Nov 25 with 815 viewsFtnfwest

i don't think anything's going to change at the moment
I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 13:28 - Nov 25 with 777 viewsmadmouse1959

Evans has installed a buffer zone. Having anyone but himself trying to palm the fans off with anything but the truth. Why do you think certain people are still at this club ?

shampoo dave

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 14:17 - Nov 25 with 718 viewsvanmunt

Absolutely spot on, hit the nail with the proverbial hammer.
I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 14:24 - Nov 25 with 689 viewswkj

And when it does, we have to be loud, constructive and vocal that we don't accept it."FOPRP", "Evans Out" and "Lambert Out" simply isn't constructive useful for driving change.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 14:33 - Nov 25 with 671 viewsDanTheMan

Why not another video interview that everyone has a good tug to like last time?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 15:13 - Nov 25 with 640 viewsBlueBadger

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 12:38 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Evans on a win win.

Investment has failed and he's stuck with the club. Use us for all his advertising. Pays out bugga all to do it

Yeah, but think of the reduced amounts of tax he'll be able to offset without us making massive losses any more.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I feel an Evans ‘open letter to the fans’ coming on... on 11:56 - Dec 4 with 494 viewsSE1blue

COVID - ✔️
Injuries - ✔️
Budget - ✔️
Better days - ✔️

BINGO!

Everything from our owner is depressingly predictable.

See you in May* for the ‘season ticket booster’ open letter Marcus

*dates may vary due to COVID.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024