Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Artell 14:45 - Nov 25 with 1064 viewswkj

If we ever go the young an hungry route and someone that might be tempted to come here. I actually think the Cowley's would see us as a step back now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

David Artell on 14:52 - Nov 25 with 1029 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect that Artell has benefitted from a a strongly structured club with a long-established ethos would have his career destroyed by our dysfunctional set-up.

The Cowleys are the current flavour-of-the-month who'll be yet another name on the merry-go-round in five years time. Bit like our current manager.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 14:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

David Artell on 14:55 - Nov 25 with 1018 viewsitfcjoe

My concern with Artell is that he was at Crewe as Academy Manager for 2 and a half years before going in to be first team manager - I think sometimes it is underestimated how big a help that is to hit the ground running. Every club is unique, and knowing everything about it is a big help to start from.

We are a step back for the Cowley's no doubt - they were bought out of their Lincoln contract by Huddersfield for a serious amount of money - and now would find themselves back in League 1.

But they are local, and we are a big club at this level with potential - if they can get us up and competing at the right end of the division above then they will be highly sought after - their alternative is to wait for a Championship relegation candidate and try and work their magic to save them again

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

David Artell on 14:56 - Nov 25 with 1004 viewsitfcjoe

David Artell on 14:52 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

I suspect that Artell has benefitted from a a strongly structured club with a long-established ethos would have his career destroyed by our dysfunctional set-up.

The Cowleys are the current flavour-of-the-month who'll be yet another name on the merry-go-round in five years time. Bit like our current manager.

What makes the Cowleys the flavour of the month as opposed to a very good management team who have had success all throughout the leagues?

David Artell on 14:56 - Nov 25 with 993 viewscatch74

As I said in another post, maybe need his equivalent - he spent 2 1/2 years as academy director there, I imagine he has built up a relationship and knowledge of his team over that time.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

David Artell on 14:57 - Nov 25 with 989 viewsJ2BLUE

You can't be serious? He's the kind of nutter we should be avoiding.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

David Artell on 14:58 - Nov 25 with 983 viewswkj

David Artell on 14:56 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

What makes the Cowleys the flavour of the month as opposed to a very good management team who have had success all throughout the leagues?

Aiye, when people wanted them to replace Mick I would have said flavour of the month, but now, they are right to be coveted by us. They were dreadfully hard done by when Huddersfield fired them.

Crybaby

David Artell on 14:59 - Nov 25 with 968 viewswkj

David Artell on 14:57 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

You can't be serious? He's the kind of nutter we should be avoiding.

What makes him a nutter in your opinion?

Crybaby

David Artell on 15:03 - Nov 25 with 947 viewsBlueBadger

David Artell on 14:56 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

Mainly a vague hunch more than anything solid, tbh. But they seem to be on a similar trajectory to Lambert - spectacular early success before a 'big' job that wasn't really suited to them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

David Artell on 15:07 - Nov 25 with 932 viewssoupytwist

David Artell on 14:59 - Nov 25 by wkj

What makes him a nutter in your opinion?

This could be taken as evidence for either side of the argument depending on your point of view - https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2020/feb/25/crewe-davi
David Artell on 15:10 - Nov 25 with 908 viewsLankHenners

David Artell on 15:03 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

Mainly a vague hunch more than anything solid, tbh. But they seem to be on a similar trajectory to Lambert - spectacular early success before a 'big' job that wasn't really suited to them.

I'm not sure that's really fair. Huddersfield had dropped like a stone out of the Prem and had started the season in the Champ dreadfully when the Cowleys were brought in. Their remit was to turn their fortunes around and get them competitive in the division, which they did, then were sacked because the club wanted a 'different direction' and hired Bielsa's assistant.

I wasn't too keen on them before as, like most people, it seemed a bit of a risk at the time and it was unclear how much they relied on playing to the strengths of the fat bloke they had up front. Since then, when you look at their career to date, they look like pretty shrewd guys who know how to get a team organised and competitive, which is exactly what we need right now.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

David Artell on 15:10 - Nov 25 with 906 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

David Artell on 14:55 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

My concern with Artell is that he was at Crewe as Academy Manager for 2 and a half years before going in to be first team manager - I think sometimes it is underestimated how big a help that is to hit the ground running. Every club is unique, and knowing everything about it is a big help to start from.

We are a step back for the Cowley's no doubt - they were bought out of their Lincoln contract by Huddersfield for a serious amount of money - and now would find themselves back in League 1.

But they are local, and we are a big club at this level with potential - if they can get us up and competing at the right end of the division above then they will be highly sought after - their alternative is to wait for a Championship relegation candidate and try and work their magic to save them again

I think League 1 is where the Cowleys are now.

They failed their audition in the Champ, and I don't think are high on Championship owners' lists.

They would take the ITFC job in my view.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

David Artell on 15:17 - Nov 25 with 882 viewsitfcjoe

David Artell on 15:10 - Nov 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

They failed their audition in the Champ, and I don't think are high on Championship owners' lists.

They certainly didn't fail at Huddersfield, but think they will only get a very tough job and continuing to walk that tightrope is very difficult.

David Artell on 15:18 - Nov 25 with 879 viewsmonty_radio

David Artell on 15:10 - Nov 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not expecting it to happen unless Evan's contractual tie-up with P.L. is more easily sorted than those ITK suggest, but Cowleys would know the size and potential of the club and the time and lack of interference that managers get here.

Bit ironic actually (having written that) since more interference is what many on here feel is required. But I like the fact that, if we can't have a management structure, then at least there would be two of them!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

David Artell on 15:21 - Nov 25 with 870 viewshomer_123

David Artell on 15:10 - Nov 25 by LankHenners

I'm not sure that's really fair. Huddersfield had dropped like a stone out of the Prem and had started the season in the Champ dreadfully when the Cowleys were brought in. Their remit was to turn their fortunes around and get them competitive in the division, which they did, then were sacked because the club wanted a 'different direction' and hired Bielsa's assistant.

I wasn't too keen on them before as, like most people, it seemed a bit of a risk at the time and it was unclear how much they relied on playing to the strengths of the fat bloke they had up front. Since then, when you look at their career to date, they look like pretty shrewd guys who know how to get a team organised and competitive, which is exactly what we need right now.

Moreover, they have historically undertaken the bulk of their work within financially constrained clubs.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

David Artell on 15:26 - Nov 25 with 846 viewswkj

David Artell on 15:21 - Nov 25 by homer_123

Moreover, they have historically undertaken the bulk of their work within financially constrained clubs.

And as a team they could probably survive the Evans' total club management expectation better than a traditional Gaffer/Assistant duo.

Crybaby

David Artell on 16:09 - Nov 25 with 773 viewsMrTown

David Artell on 14:52 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

Think that is a little harsh. Have only had success wherever they have been, even securing safety for Huddersfield, and were wrongly axed for that.

Only sitting 16th in the Championship, I find it hard to believe that after a pre season together, the Cowleys would have them any worse than that right now.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 16:12]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024