Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What cannot be allowed to happen 15:00 - Nov 25 with 1963 viewsBobbychase

Is that, whatever Evans decides RE: Lambert, the senior players cannot think that every time it gets tricky they can send a deputation to the owner and say: "We don't like this manager, please get rid."

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:02 - Nov 25 with 1939 viewsStokieBlue

They shouldn't need to - ME should be able to see what is going on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:04 - Nov 25 with 1919 viewsBlueBadger

So, they should just carry on regardless and not give a flying t0ss like they did under Jewell?

I'd much rather see the senior players actually invested in the club enough to be able to raise concerns than just blithely carrying on and picking up their wages.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 15:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:05 - Nov 25 with 1911 viewsSteve_M

Well, that was the one real justification for Lambert's extended contract last Winter: give him the longevity to build something. He failed on that score.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:10 - Nov 25 with 1883 viewsBobbychase

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:04 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

So, they should just carry on regardless and not give a flying t0ss like they did under Jewell?

I'd much rather see the senior players actually invested in the club enough to be able to raise concerns than just blithely carrying on and picking up their wages.

So Alan Judge, who couldn't pass to a blue shirt to save his life and was constantly out of position last night, and Emyr Huws, who was anonymous and ducked out of most 50-50s, get a pass and we heap all the blame on the manager?

They marched into Evans' office and wanted Hurst gone and I agreed with them. It's not healthy for the club if they think they can do it every time.

If they gave a "Flying t0ss" then they wouldn't have downed tools for the last half hour of that match.

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:11 - Nov 25 with 1873 viewsBlueBadger

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:10 - Nov 25 by Bobbychase

So Alan Judge, who couldn't pass to a blue shirt to save his life and was constantly out of position last night, and Emyr Huws, who was anonymous and ducked out of most 50-50s, get a pass and we heap all the blame on the manager?

They marched into Evans' office and wanted Hurst gone and I agreed with them. It's not healthy for the club if they think they can do it every time.

If they gave a "Flying t0ss" then they wouldn't have downed tools for the last half hour of that match.

We've all worked under sh1t managers who can't do their jobs. Even the best intentioned get fed up beating their heads against the wall after a while.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:12 - Nov 25 with 1870 viewsIpswichKnight

Might be a case of careful what you wish for them as nearly all are out of contract in the summer new management may well decide no new contracts for them!
What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:13 - Nov 25 with 1865 viewsBobbychase

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:11 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

We've all worked under sh1t managers who can't do their jobs. Even the best intentioned get fed up beating their heads against the wall after a while.

Yes but the players could also show they care by rising to the occasion when we play promotion rivals. Guardiola couldn't have got a tune out of Judge last night.

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:14 - Nov 25 with 1857 viewsWarkystache

We've got players who think?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Login to get fewer ads

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:18 - Nov 25 with 1852 viewsitfcjoe

That wasn't the case last time and won't be the case this time.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:18 - Nov 25 with 1849 viewsITFC_96

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:10 - Nov 25 by Bobbychase

Judge is a poor example considering he has played far more games than he should have. He is probably a "Lambert in".
What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:18 - Nov 25 with 1843 viewsBlueBadger

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:13 - Nov 25 by Bobbychase

Yes but the players could also show they care by rising to the occasion when we play promotion rivals. Guardiola couldn't have got a tune out of Judge last night.

The thing is, it's kind of the manager's job to ensure that they are motivated enough to be able to rise to an occasion.

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:33 - Nov 25 with 1804 viewsIllinoisblue

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:18 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

That wasn't the case last time and won't be the case this time.

Is LON going to have input, or is Evans still relying on his special advisers?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:38 - Nov 25 with 1769 viewsPinewoodblue

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:04 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

I would be happy to see them raise their game and accept responsibility on the pitch.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:41 - Nov 25 with 1757 viewsitfcjoe

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:33 - Nov 25 by Illinoisblue

Is LON going to have input, or is Evans still relying on his special advisers?

I think people overstate Evans' special advisers - but he has friends and contacts in the game who he obviously speaks to like anyone woulf

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What cannot be allowed to happen on 16:36 - Nov 25 with 1629 viewsRegencyBlue

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:41 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

I think people overstate Evans' special advisers - but he has friends and contacts in the game who he obviously speaks to like anyone woulf

Given his record so far I would suggest he finds some better friends and contacts!
What cannot be allowed to happen on 17:00 - Nov 25 with 1542 viewsMonkeyAlan

The senior players have too much sway anyway. They are part of the problem. The younger players just naturally fall in line behind them. The older ones have it cushy and decent money, they get away with half hearted performances. We need someone to come in and get rid of some of those that have too much of an influence. Until they are gone this will just keep repeating. As they hold the dressing room.
What cannot be allowed to happen on 23:42 - Nov 25 with 1341 viewsmadmouse1959

Some would say the players stopped playing for Paul Hurst. I reckon any new manager will have a rough time with whats going on at this club.

shampoo dave

What cannot be allowed to happen on 23:51 - Nov 25 with 1321 viewsreusersfreekicks

What cannot be allowed to happen on 15:13 - Nov 25 by Bobbychase

Guardiola wouldn't picked him
What cannot be allowed to happen on 23:53 - Nov 25 with 1317 viewsreusersfreekicks

What cannot be allowed to happen on 17:00 - Nov 25 by MonkeyAlan

The senior players have too much sway anyway. They are part of the problem. The younger players just naturally fall in line behind them. The older ones have it cushy and decent money, they get away with half hearted performances. We need someone to come in and get rid of some of those that have too much of an influence. Until they are gone this will just keep repeating. As they hold the dressing room.

What amazing inside knowledge you have, or is that unsubstantiated boll0x?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024