Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP 21:53 - Nov 25 with 10768 viewsSitfcB

It’s suddenly all ok.

They were the happy clappers and the Bob Marley singers when Lambert got us relegated.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:37 - Nov 26 with 2270 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:29 - Nov 26 by footers

You already have: Mick.

Your assumption that it was somehow an impossible task is debunked by your own admission that there was at least one person who could have done it.

Warnock is another.

This is theoretical, but you seem to excuse PL for the relegation time and again when he also had a big part in it.

Your assumption is that my assumption is that it was somehow an impossible task. I haven't said that. Feel free to point out where I have.

I also haven't excused Lambert for the relegation. As I said earlier, I just hold Hurst more responsible.

This is a bonkers argument anyway. It doesn't matter now. Over his time here, Lambert hasn't been good enough. I just get frustrated by fans who expect immediate results, and blame the immediate man in the hotseat. There's much more wrong than that, and it goes back years.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:39 - Nov 26 with 2266 viewsPJH

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:27 - Nov 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep, don't disagree with that. The only thing we disagree on is your last line. I certainly couldn't name anyone who would have saved us.

By naming names now it cannot be proved either way whether they would or would not have saved us but it does not take too much thought to come up with the type of person that it would have taken to give us the best chance of staying up.

We needed to accumulate some points and I do not see that it matters how the points were accumulated and there are/were a lot of managers that could achieve that.

I actually thought that we were saved from likely relegation the moment that Hurst was sacked and fully expected just about anyone that was appointed as his replacement to do it-I certainly expected PL to do it.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:51 - Nov 26 with 2236 viewshaynes_toe1

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:31 - Nov 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

It wasn't a daft idea IMO. It was a great effort and massively needed at the time. It was all part of galvanising the support and I thank you guys for that. It was a credit to our club because a lot of other clubs I can think of wouldn't have got on board with such support on the way to relegation. Some might say it was nae normal!

I actually think it was hugely damaging to the club, of course it was done with the best intentions.

But for some of us that pathetic championship relegation made it clear as day Lambert wasn't good enough and instead we not only gave him a free ride, we basically rewarded him for it.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 21:56 - Nov 26 with 2175 viewsGlasgowBlue

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:39 - Nov 26 by PJH

By naming names now it cannot be proved either way whether they would or would not have saved us but it does not take too much thought to come up with the type of person that it would have taken to give us the best chance of staying up.

We needed to accumulate some points and I do not see that it matters how the points were accumulated and there are/were a lot of managers that could achieve that.

I actually thought that we were saved from likely relegation the moment that Hurst was sacked and fully expected just about anyone that was appointed as his replacement to do it-I certainly expected PL to do it.

Not with the squad of players Hurst left.

Even Mick would have struggled to keep that team up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 22:00 - Nov 26 with 2179 viewsPJH

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 21:56 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

Not with the squad of players Hurst left.

Even Mick would have struggled to keep that team up.

I don't think so, despite the rubbish that Hurst signed there was enough there in the squad for somebody to organise well enough to accumulate points-in my opinion.

It might not have been pretty but I think that it was very doable.

Mick or somebody like him would have been the type that could best have been able to do it but as I said, I thought sacking Hurst had saved us from relegation.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 22:34 - Nov 26 with 2137 viewsMelford

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:39 - Nov 26 by Funge

Spot on.

Or as a greeting,

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 22:35 - Nov 26 with 2134 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 22:00 - Nov 26 by PJH

I don't think so, despite the rubbish that Hurst signed there was enough there in the squad for somebody to organise well enough to accumulate points-in my opinion.

It might not have been pretty but I think that it was very doable.

Mick or somebody like him would have been the type that could best have been able to do it but as I said, I thought sacking Hurst had saved us from relegation.

‘Enough there in the squad’. But we just didn’t have any goals in the squad did we? Thanks to Hurst selling off any decent strikers that we had and replacing them with league 1 rubbish.
Sure a manager like Mick would have made us harder to beat but the odd 0-0 here and 1-1 there wouldn’t have been enough. Sooner or later we would’ve had to win a few games and if you don’t score enough goals that’s pretty difficult. We needed to persuade at least one, probably two, decent Championship level strikers to join a club adrift at the bottom of the league in January which was never going to happen. Mick had a far better squad when he took over and, more importantly, players that could score goals.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 23:58 - Nov 26 with 2093 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 09:37 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

No.

It’s to do with how blue fish and many others got shot down about being anti-Lambert etc

I wish fishers was here to say I told you so.

Christ that’s some proper revisionism there sitters!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 09:19 - Nov 27 with 1961 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:51 - Nov 26 by haynes_toe1

I actually think it was hugely damaging to the club, of course it was done with the best intentions.

But for some of us that pathetic championship relegation made it clear as day Lambert wasn't good enough and instead we not only gave him a free ride, we basically rewarded him for it.

How on earth is it ever damaging to support your club?! What utter nonsense.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 10:02 - Nov 27 with 1932 viewshaynes_toe1

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 09:19 - Nov 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

How on earth is it ever damaging to support your club?! What utter nonsense.

It was damaging to throw 'nae normal' support towards a manager that had failed spectacularly to keep us up, and had shown literally nothing in terms of being better than Hurst, other than buying fans drinks. Because there's then no pressure on Evans to make the correct decision, which would have been to sack him then and there.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 10:05 - Nov 27 with 1928 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 10:02 - Nov 27 by haynes_toe1

It was damaging to throw 'nae normal' support towards a manager that had failed spectacularly to keep us up, and had shown literally nothing in terms of being better than Hurst, other than buying fans drinks. Because there's then no pressure on Evans to make the correct decision, which would have been to sack him then and there.

You think we should have been booing and calling for Lambert's head during the relegation season?!

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 10:20 - Nov 27 with 1915 viewsmonty_radio

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 22:35 - Nov 26 by OsmansCleanSheet

‘Enough there in the squad’. But we just didn’t have any goals in the squad did we? Thanks to Hurst selling off any decent strikers that we had and replacing them with league 1 rubbish.
Sure a manager like Mick would have made us harder to beat but the odd 0-0 here and 1-1 there wouldn’t have been enough. Sooner or later we would’ve had to win a few games and if you don’t score enough goals that’s pretty difficult. We needed to persuade at least one, probably two, decent Championship level strikers to join a club adrift at the bottom of the league in January which was never going to happen. Mick had a far better squad when he took over and, more importantly, players that could score goals.

We may have lacked strikers, but we also made few chances. The malaise in the team, in my opinion, did not really lift during Mick's final months, nor Hurst's short time or Lambert's relatively much longer time. Watching has painful across that whole period and has not improved. Unless things are radically reset the likes of Charlton, Crewe, and even such as Burton, will come here with no fear or apprehension of cut-and-thrust attacking - that's why they can look as good as they often do.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 10:29 - Nov 27 with 1899 viewsParky

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 10:05 - Nov 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

You think we should have been booing and calling for Lambert's head during the relegation season?!

Throwing my two pence in. - I definitely don’t think we should have been clapping and singing Bob Marley and Paul Lamberts name when we got relegated.

I’ve never seen a club accept relegation so limply. End of the day, I don’t care who was more to blame than who; we had just been relegated to the Third Tier and the players, managers, staff all were getting a standing ovation. Baffling.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:32 - Nov 27 with 1840 viewshaynes_toe1

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 10:05 - Nov 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, I think we should have been once we were relegated as opposed to singing Bob Marley and Paul Lambert is a blue.

Just because you couldn't see it then doesn't mean others couldn't.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:41 - Nov 27 with 1827 viewstextbackup

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 08:55 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

Neither have I. I thought it was some sort of yoot speak to begin with rather than a Suffolk ting.

lets remember tho, you int proper Suffolk. you've moved to Norwich.

and if you've not held a conversation with older Suffolk folk and heard the term "en" I don't know who the fck you're speaking with.

"why'd you do that 'en?"
"when'd ya go there 'en?"

proper suffolk

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:54 - Nov 27 with 1807 viewsPJH

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:41 - Nov 27 by textbackup

and if you've not held a conversation with older Suffolk folk and heard the term "en" I don't know who the fck you're speaking with.

"why'd you do that 'en?"

proper suffolk

I have also been talking to the wrong people because although I have lived in Suffolk all of my almost 70 years I do not think that I have ever heard anyone say it and had not seen it in print either until I saw it on this site a while ago.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 19:55]
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:26 - Nov 27 with 1786 viewstextbackup

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:54 - Nov 27 by PJH

I have also been talking to the wrong people because although I have lived in Suffolk all of my almost 70 years I do not think that I have ever heard anyone say it and had not seen it in print either until I saw it on this site a while ago.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 19:55]

wife cant really understand, and is almost jealous, that the kids understand me, and talk the same..... when I say thing like.

"who dun at en"
(who done that then)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:50 - Nov 27 with 1763 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:41 - Nov 27 by textbackup

"why'd you do that 'en?"

proper suffolk

Bloke who stands behind me, Brogs will know who I mean, talks like that. So that’s at least one person I know of that actually speaks with en.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:52 - Nov 27 with 1763 viewsPJH

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:26 - Nov 27 by textbackup

wife cant really understand, and is almost jealous, that the kids understand me, and talk the same..... when I say thing like.

"who dun at en"
(who done that then)

My wife is from Nottinghamshire and although she has lived in Suffolk for most of the last 40 odd years she still has a broad Nottinghamshire accent so I often ask her 'Are you alreet duck?'

I am honestly not aware of ever hearing anyone say 'en' though-must be 'cos I went to Woodbridge School!
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 20:54]
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 21:05 - Nov 27 with 1743 viewsbrogansnose

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:50 - Nov 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Bloke who stands behind me, Brogs will know who I mean, talks like that. So that’s at least one person I know of that actually speaks with en.

This much is true Rommy, I know the bloke.

I find all this 'en business not exactly rare.

How you doin' on 'en Rommy ?
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 00:04 - Nov 28 with 1664 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 21:05 - Nov 27 by brogansnose

This much is true Rommy, I know the bloke.

I find all this 'en business not exactly rare.

How you doin' on 'en Rommy ?

I’m good Thankyou mate. Missing being at the footy and the racing tbh. How you doing?

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 09:53 - Nov 28 with 1546 viewsSouperJim

Grow up

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:38 - Nov 28 with 1456 viewsMaySixth

You are a fraud.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024