Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP 21:53 - Nov 25 with 10766 viewsSitfcB

It’s suddenly all ok.

They were the happy clappers and the Bob Marley singers when Lambert got us relegated.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 11:30 - Nov 26 with 2165 viewsjaykay

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 08:53 - Nov 26 by footers

It's a strange one as I have never heard anyone from Suffolk say anything close to 'en' in all my life.

heard of em as in feck em
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 11:35]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 13:36 - Nov 26 with 2123 viewsBlue_Order

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 07:31 - Nov 26 by Ace_High1

Read that this morning.

Thought two things let them down, the reference to "Shambert" dilutes the point a little as no need for personal insults.

Also the ending, what is this "uppa town" all about - range cringe worthy.

The lambo/shambo was actually meant as a self deprecating nod towards our tifo, rather than a personal insult towards him, which is why it was (sh)Lambo and not (sh)Lambert.

We knew if we called for his head the usual folk would be straight out to remind us of the tifo, so thought we might as well mock it ourselves.

Too subtle, perhaps.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 13:50 - Nov 26 with 2073 viewsAce_High1

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 13:36 - Nov 26 by Blue_Order

The lambo/shambo was actually meant as a self deprecating nod towards our tifo, rather than a personal insult towards him, which is why it was (sh)Lambo and not (sh)Lambert.

We knew if we called for his head the usual folk would be straight out to remind us of the tifo, so thought we might as well mock it ourselves.

Too subtle, perhaps.

Fair enough and thanks for the response, my intention was not to try and be negative about your group, more just my immediate reaction was that those two points I highlighted made me feel that what could have been a good, clear, decisive message lost a bit of credibility and moved more towards "lads banter" for the likes, retweets.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:13 - Nov 26 with 2023 viewsBryanPlug

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 13:36 - Nov 26 by Blue_Order

Too subtle, perhaps.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:14 - Nov 26 with 2021 viewsBlue_Order

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 13:50 - Nov 26 by Ace_High1

Fair enough and thanks for the response, my intention was not to try and be negative about your group, more just my immediate reaction was that those two points I highlighted made me feel that what could have been a good, clear, decisive message lost a bit of credibility and moved more towards "lads banter" for the likes, retweets.

No problem with your opinion at all mate, I just wanted to explain that part because its been missed a bit.

I don’t think it was done for banter, and we’re passed worrying about ‘likes’. Genuinely intended as a ‘humorous’ acknowledgment that our tifo was a daft idea, but it’s got to the point where we can’t stay quiet any longer.

You know things are bad when even the happy clappers have had enough.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 14:16]
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:21 - Nov 26 with 2004 viewsBlue_Order

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:13 - Nov 26 by BryanPlug

A big display, basically.

Comes from the word ‘tifosi’

“In Italian, tifosi literally means 'those infected by typhus', in the sense of someone acting in a fevered manner”
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:31 - Nov 26 with 1972 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:14 - Nov 26 by Blue_Order

No problem with your opinion at all mate, I just wanted to explain that part because its been missed a bit.

I don’t think it was done for banter, and we’re passed worrying about ‘likes’. Genuinely intended as a ‘humorous’ acknowledgment that our tifo was a daft idea, but it’s got to the point where we can’t stay quiet any longer.

You know things are bad when even the happy clappers have had enough.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 14:16]

It wasn't a daft idea IMO. It was a great effort and massively needed at the time. It was all part of galvanising the support and I thank you guys for that. It was a credit to our club because a lot of other clubs I can think of wouldn't have got on board with such support on the way to relegation. Some might say it was nae normal!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:58 - Nov 26 with 1934 viewsBryanPlug

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 14:21 - Nov 26 by Blue_Order

A big display, basically.

Comes from the word ‘tifosi’

“In Italian, tifosi literally means 'those infected by typhus', in the sense of someone acting in a fevered manner”

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 16:34 - Nov 26 with 1870 viewsHeathlander

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 08:29 - Nov 26 by Coco

You use ‘en’ YOU USE ‘EN’ FFS!

What does 'en' actually mean?

Uppa Towen is a phrase that Ipswich supporters have used for years. It's almost like a 'see you later mate' type of thing. As you part company with a fellow supporter you say 'Upa Towen'. I like it, it's part of our heritage.

Uppa Towen
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 17:35 - Nov 26 with 1836 viewsSitfcB

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 10:54 - Nov 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think you can go too far in supporting a new manager of a failing football club. He needed all the support he could get, and he can never complain he didn't get it.

A shame he didn’t put the same amount of effort in and try and keep us up.

The blind support for him let him get away with it.

COYB

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 17:45 - Nov 26 with 1813 viewsPJH

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 17:35 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

That is true.

I think to some extent relegation was 'accepted' by the supporters because we knew it would only be for one season anyway-that went well.

The idea was that in 2020/21 we would be flying in The Championship on the back of our run away winning of League One and with 20000 Season Ticket holders.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 17:56 - Nov 26 with 1788 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 17:35 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

I really don't think they "let him get away with it," hence they've turned now. Certainly, NOT supporting a new manager wouldn't have helped.

Lambert came in to a terrible team who'd already lost the faith. There was little else we could do than give them, and him, our full support.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 17:56 - Nov 26 with 1786 viewsSuperCoops

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 16:34 - Nov 26 by Heathlander

Uppa Towen is a phrase that Ipswich supporters have used for years. It's almost like a 'see you later mate' type of thing. As you part company with a fellow supporter you say 'Upa Towen'. I like it, it's part of our heritage.

Uppa Towen

I'd never ever heard that until about 12 months ago, and I've been watching Town since 1985.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:39 - Nov 26 with 1738 viewsFunge

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 16:34 - Nov 26 by Heathlander

Uppa Towen

Spot on.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:48 - Nov 26 with 1720 viewsSitfcB

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 17:56 - Nov 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

I really don't think they "let him get away with it," hence they've turned now. Certainly, NOT supporting a new manager wouldn't have helped.

Lambert came in to a terrible team who'd already lost the faith. There was little else we could do than give them, and him, our full support.

We were only 5 points adrift when he came in. He came in and was stubborn in his playing style. We’d have been better off keeping Hurst!

Any other experienced manager coming in would have kept us up or at least sent us down fighting.

COYB

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:49 - Nov 26 with 1711 viewsfooters

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:48 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

We were only 5 points adrift when he came in. He came in and was stubborn in his playing style. We’d have been better off keeping Hurst!

Any other experienced manager coming in would have kept us up or at least sent us down fighting.

The perfect manager for that scenario is, was and always will be Mick McCarthy.

balls .

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:52 - Nov 26 with 1694 viewsabracaDOBRA_

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 21:56 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

Don't be jealous mate, we still remember your little group with fondness.

We all saw you trying to impress the cool kids earlier in the year before becoming supportive again before now deciding that actually he isn't right for us.

We'll all tried to believe in him.

don't forget ipswichtownfans
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:55 - Nov 26 with 1686 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:48 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

Bart himself said the players had already given up. And because we were adrift at the bottom we couldn't persuade anyone decent to join in January.

I disagree that any other experienced manager coming in would have kept us up. Mick performed heroics when he did it, but Lambert was dealt an even worse hand than Mick.

People have short memories. Our relegation is mostly down to Hurst.

And the rot really started with Roy Keane.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:03 - Nov 26 with 1671 viewsPJH

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:55 - Nov 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Bart himself said the players had already given up. And because we were adrift at the bottom we couldn't persuade anyone decent to join in January.

I disagree that any other experienced manager coming in would have kept us up. Mick performed heroics when he did it, but Lambert was dealt an even worse hand than Mick.

I agree that our relegation is mostly down to Hurst but I do not agree that we were anything like beyond saving when Lambert arrived and I also do not agree that what PL started with was worse than what MM started with.

I believe that a lot of managers would have kept that squad up and even more would have taken that squad back up last season.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:12 - Nov 26 with 1651 viewsSitfcB

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 18:55 - Nov 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep, so up to a new manager to come in and rejuvenate and motivate the players and install some belief, Lambert couldn’t and didn’t do that. Horrendous manager, what has he done since Norwich. Nothing.

COYB

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:01 - Nov 26 with 1611 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:03 - Nov 26 by PJH

I agree that our relegation is mostly down to Hurst but I do not agree that we were anything like beyond saving when Lambert arrived and I also do not agree that what PL started with was worse than what MM started with.

I believe that a lot of managers would have kept that squad up and even more would have taken that squad back up last season.

I'll have to disagree with you there fella. Hurst sold all of our goalscorers. Literally all of them. Also, I didn't say we were beyond saving, but it was a very difficult job.

It's fine for you to believe a lot of managers would have kept that squad up, but there's no evidence for it. Mick 2.0 perhaps. Many said at the time that Lambert was probably the best we could get.

I agree there are several who could've taken us up from League 1 at the first attempt. Don't get me wrong, Lambert has had enough chances and I want him out, but I think too many forget how bad we were under Hurst. The only game we won under him was a flukey away win where we had about 21% possession.

I'm not absolving Lambert of blame but let's not re-write history. This club has been failing for years and years. We can't blame it all on the current man in the hotseat.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:14 - Nov 26 with 1599 viewsPJH

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:01 - Nov 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'll have to disagree with you there fella. Hurst sold all of our goalscorers. Literally all of them. Also, I didn't say we were beyond saving, but it was a very difficult job.

It's fine for you to believe a lot of managers would have kept that squad up, but there's no evidence for it. Mick 2.0 perhaps. Many said at the time that Lambert was probably the best we could get.

I agree there are several who could've taken us up from League 1 at the first attempt. Don't get me wrong, Lambert has had enough chances and I want him out, but I think too many forget how bad we were under Hurst. The only game we won under him was a flukey away win where we had about 21% possession.

I'm not absolving Lambert of blame but let's not re-write history. This club has been failing for years and years. We can't blame it all on the current man in the hotseat.

So all you are actually disagreeing with me on is how much of a chance there was of avoiding relegation?

I started by saying that the relegation was mostly down to Hurst, I am certainly not trying to rewrite history.

We got relegated which is a historical fact.
Hurst was the main reason which is an opinion held by many, you and I included.
Lambert could have saved us because we were not beyond saving-that is a mathematical fact.
Several managers would have saved us-that is my opinion.
So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:24 - Nov 26 with 1584 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 19:12 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

Yep, so up to a new manager to come in and rejuvenate and motivate the players and install some belief, Lambert couldn’t and didn’t do that. Horrendous manager, what has he done since Norwich. Nothing.

There's not much I can disagree with there fella, just that it takes time sometimes. We were never going to be an overnight fix. There's so much wrong with this club.

Mick did it of course, and someone like Warnock might've been able to. But generally, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I thought we'd go down without Mick, I said that while he was still with us. I was convinced we'd go down whoever we got in. But we really were awful under Hurst. Next level awful. When I think he spent £750k on Donacian, the mind just boggles. I don't think any of his signings have worked out, all things considered.

Lambert's done nothing to redress the balance, on the field at least. I've definitely had enough.

Lord knows who's next in line to try and save this sinking ship.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:27 - Nov 26 with 1576 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:14 - Nov 26 by PJH

So all you are actually disagreeing with me on is how much of a chance there was of avoiding relegation?

I started by saying that the relegation was mostly down to Hurst, I am certainly not trying to rewrite history.

We got relegated which is a historical fact.
Hurst was the main reason which is an opinion held by many, you and I included.
Lambert could have saved us because we were not beyond saving-that is a mathematical fact.
Several managers would have saved us-that is my opinion.

Yep, don't disagree with that. The only thing we disagree on is your last line. I certainly couldn't name anyone who would have saved us.

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:29 - Nov 26 with 1570 viewsfooters

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on 20:27 - Nov 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep, don't disagree with that. The only thing we disagree on is your last line. I certainly couldn't name anyone who would have saved us.

You already have: Mick.

Your assumption that it was somehow an impossible task is debunked by your own admission that there was at least one person who could have done it.

Warnock is another.

This is theoretical, but you seem to excuse PL for the relegation time and again when he also had a big part in it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024