Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Town change their manager? 11:04 - Nov 26 with 7709 viewsPhilTWTD

Should Town change their manager?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Should Town change their manager? on 16:43 - Nov 26 with 2087 viewsKeaneish

Should Town change their manager? on 16:16 - Nov 26 by hype313

A the moment it's quite the damming verdict from the TWTD gang. And looking at other ITFC social media outlets, it looks like the same consensus across the board.

If he's lost the fans, then I can't see how his job is tenable.

Completely agree. Fan backing given his emotive plays at the start of his tenure were his foundation. Now that’s eroded, he’s nothing to turn to. The profligacy is quite staggering really when you cast your mind back.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Should Town change their manager? on 16:52 - Nov 26 with 2051 viewsPinewoodblue

Should Town change their manager? on 16:40 - Nov 26 by dickie

Would we be able to afford to pay him off?

Can we afford not to?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Should Town change their manager? on 16:55 - Nov 26 with 2040 viewsN2_Blue

Yes

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Should Town change their manager? on 16:59 - Nov 26 with 2029 viewshadleighboyblue

Should Town change their manager? on 16:40 - Nov 26 by dickie

Would we be able to afford to pay him off?

We can't afford not to !

Surely ME can see the damage he's doing , he's lost the plot , the players and the fans , if we don't go up this season we will lose our best youngsters
Should Town change their manager? on 17:02 - Nov 26 with 2024 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Should Town change their manager? on 13:08 - Nov 26 by TieDyedIn95

He's not a great manager. We also can't do much better and the majority of the clubs problems do not relate to him. We keep going round in circles on this, it's Evans fault, not Lambert. Change manager all you want because nothing will get any better until Evans changes.

You’ll find nobody more anti-Evans than me.

However, Evans being a shambles doesn’t change that Lambert is still underperforming. And we need him to get the best out of the players we have, a squad that should be able to get promoted from league 1. Lambert is failing at that task for the second consecutive year. With that in mind, it’s time for a change.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Should Town change their manager? on 17:35 - Nov 26 with 1991 viewsNthQldITFC

Took me a long time to decide whether to vote or not, but in the end I did. It still feels a little premature (looked at in the context of this season only) but we can't afford to see the same slide as last season. Thanks for the good atmosphere stuff at the start, but yeah, time to go for me. Sadly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Should Town change their manager? on 18:01 - Nov 26 with 1959 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Should Town change their manager? on 16:43 - Nov 26 by Keaneish

Completely agree. Fan backing given his emotive plays at the start of his tenure were his foundation. Now that’s eroded, he’s nothing to turn to. The profligacy is quite staggering really when you cast your mind back.

He's had unprecedented support from the fans, there's certainly no blame attached to us. If this is the beginning of the end (the fans turning) he really can't complain.

He can't really complain about the finances too much either, we surely have the biggest wage bill in League 1.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Should Town change their manager? on 19:13 - Nov 26 with 1903 viewsdickie

Should Town change their manager? on 16:52 - Nov 26 by Pinewoodblue

Can we afford not to?

I wonder if there's a clause and the trigger will be pulled when the season is looking lost without having to settle up the remainder of the contract
Login to get fewer ads

Should Town change their manager? on 19:44 - Nov 26 with 1865 viewsjeera

Still neck and neck then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Should Town change their manager? on 19:46 - Nov 26 with 1855 viewsfooters

Should Town change their manager? on 19:44 - Nov 26 by jeera

Still neck and neck then.

Can't wait for Phil to stick this one on him at the next presser!

Good to see you back btw, mate. You're much loved. x

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Should Town change their manager? on 19:46 - Nov 26 with 1853 viewsIpswichKnight

Sure the 22 who said no are Norwich fans or Lamberts agent and support team?
Should Town change their manager? on 20:06 - Nov 26 with 1826 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should Town change their manager? on 12:08 - Nov 26 by rugbytomc

I think there should be a wait and see option. Bear with me...

This season he introduced 433 and a possession based style of play. It takes time for players to adapt to a new way of playing. Given time and less injuries to our key attacking players (Edwards, Bishop, Dozzell, KVY) and having our best defensive players fully fit (Woolf, Downes) then I believe we'd become better at how we play this style and grow in confidence especially in attack.

The questions begs why has it taken him so long to get here? Why does he say the academy needs to play like the first team when actually I think the academy have been playing possession passing football for years but then the first team haven't.

I admit it is hard to see 2/3 wins and the performances coming in the next 3 games, but what if they did?

The other side is - whoever we bring in to replace him, can't change the personnel. We cannot sell 3-4 players or even give them away for free and bring in a killer striker and (another) new full back or wingers, because of this stupid salary cap!

If someone else comes in - personally - I would stick with 433 but only ever play Edwards, Lankester, Dobra or maybe occasionally Sears or Jackson, in the wide roles. I wouldn't play Judge or Huws full stop. I'd tell them to attack attack attack and when they don't have the ball close down rapidly and make it hard for the opposition to find room. Surely that would be enough to get us going? Can't Lambert see that? Would Cook or Dyer or anyone else do exactly that??

Fair points. It will take a while to change the style. I just wish he had something to build on. If we were solid as a rock and lacked the cutting edge going forward that would be an improvement, or if we we were full of invention and creativity in the final third that too would be an improvement. But we don't seem to have either and the shape of the team is still all over the place at times.

So I don't think we're transitioning to this new style for us especially well. Very true that the players we have out are key players and that's hurting us.

Also we're still very much in the mix and anyone outside looking casually at how we're getting on would think we were absolutely nuts to sack him at this point. Which is why I suspect ME won't act. based on what's happened before though and how we are playing now I just can't see us getting better.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should Town change their manager? on 20:06 - Nov 26 with 1824 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should Town change their manager? on 12:14 - Nov 26 by wkj

It goes way beyond that though. He's so far off the mark with his press conferences and analysis of the games- if he is being so lenient in the dressing room it is creating the wrong kind of mindset for the players to be in.

The way they left the pitch vs Hull is a great example of how poorly the players are reading the gravity of the situation. If we fail this year then our expectations of being in the championship become more of a lottery, let alone the delusion of being in the Premier League.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 12:16]

"He's so far off the mark with his press conferences".

You must have LOVED Keane

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should Town change their manager? on 20:21 - Nov 26 with 1801 viewsronnyd

Should Town change their manager? on 12:56 - Nov 26 by Chondzoresk

No such word as STP

Isn't it a U.S. engine oil additive?
Should Town change their manager? on 21:05 - Nov 26 with 1748 viewsRyorry

Should Town change their manager? on 19:46 - Nov 26 by IpswichKnight

Sure the 22 who said no are Norwich fans or Lamberts agent and support team?

25 now. Gobsmacking, Surely even 'Giant' Ulla can't have 24 alt logins? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Should Town change their manager? on 08:59 - Nov 27 with 1652 viewshype313

Should Town change their manager? on 21:05 - Nov 26 by Ryorry

25 now. Gobsmacking, Surely even 'Giant' Ulla can't have 24 alt logins? 🤔

I'd like the 25 to show their workings

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Should Town change their manager? on 09:16 - Nov 27 with 1638 viewsallezlesbleus

Can you do a similar poll about ME too?
Should Town change their manager? on 15:38 - Nov 28 with 1566 viewsNewcyBlue

41 people. 41.

I still can’t understand how some people can get something so fundamentally wrong and still be allowed to use the internet.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Should Town change their manager? on 15:44 - Nov 28 with 1543 viewswoiii

Should Town change their manager? on 11:10 - Nov 26 by Swailsey

It's happening people! The poll is here!

Anyone who votes 'No' must be made to show their workings.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 11:10]

I voted 'yes' but the reality is who is going to be willing to come here and be able to make a difference with 50p available for transfers and wages?
Should Town change their manager? on 15:47 - Nov 28 with 1519 viewswkj

Should Town change their manager? on 15:44 - Nov 28 by woiii

I voted 'yes' but the reality is who is going to be willing to come here and be able to make a difference with 50p available for transfers and wages?

Someone that knows how to encourage youth in public, train the team properly and take risks. It isn't about transfers any more, its about not wasting what we already have.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024