Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tier 2 it is then... 11:17 - Nov 26 with 4896 viewsportmanking

FFS.
Tier 2 it is then... on 12:00 - Nov 26 with 1215 viewsKieran_Knows

Tier 2 it is then... on 11:54 - Nov 26 by ElderGrizzly

Reasons for Tiers given here

Suffolk?

High (Tier 2)

There is an improving picture across the majority of Suffolk. The case rate has fallen to 82/100,000 with drops in rate in 4 of the 5 local authorities. There has been a >40% increase in weekly case rate to 128/100,000 in Ipswich compared to the previous week. Across Suffolk, case rates in over 60s are also falling (72/100,000). Positivity is 3.7%.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:04 - Nov 26 with 1181 viewsElderGrizzly

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:00 - Nov 26 by Kieran_Knows

Suffolk?

High (Tier 2)

There is an improving picture across the majority of Suffolk. The case rate has fallen to 82/100,000 with drops in rate in 4 of the 5 local authorities. There has been a >40% increase in weekly case rate to 128/100,000 in Ipswich compared to the previous week. Across Suffolk, case rates in over 60s are also falling (72/100,000). Positivity is 3.7%.

Basically, the big cities in our counties drive the decision. In other parts of the country it is more specific, but we have been lumped together in East Anglian counties.

Same in Cambridgeshire, where Peterborough and Cambridge is over 240, but rest of county isn’t above 80.
Tier 2 it is then... on 12:05 - Nov 26 with 1175 viewsSaleAway

Tier 2 it is then... on 11:54 - Nov 26 by ElderGrizzly

Reasons for Tiers given here

Be interesting to see how flexible they are with these figures in 2 weeks, when Greater Manchester will probably be lower than a large majority of tier 2 regions.

For the life of me though, I can't work out how any region with over 150/100k cases and rising has made it into tier 2... if cases are rising after 4 weeks of lockdown, how is easing restrictions going to help?

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:11 - Nov 26 with 1139 viewswkj

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:05 - Nov 26 by SaleAway

Be interesting to see how flexible they are with these figures in 2 weeks, when Greater Manchester will probably be lower than a large majority of tier 2 regions.

For the life of me though, I can't work out how any region with over 150/100k cases and rising has made it into tier 2... if cases are rising after 4 weeks of lockdown, how is easing restrictions going to help?

Does anyone ever say your name 3 times in a row to the style of Enya?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:11 - Nov 26 with 1140 viewsJackPITFC

I'm not even gutted there can't be 4,000 fans, i just want to get pissed in a pub
Tier 2 it is then... on 12:14 - Nov 26 with 1116 viewsElderGrizzly

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:05 - Nov 26 by SaleAway

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:22 - Nov 26 with 1078 viewsElderGrizzly

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:14 - Nov 26 by ElderGrizzly

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:27 - Nov 26 with 1065 viewsSaleAway

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:11 - Nov 26 by wkj

Does anyone ever say your name 3 times in a row to the style of Enya?

No - because when that happens, I tend to suddenly appear, a la Beetlejuice

Login to get fewer ads

Tier 2 it is then... on 17:49 - Nov 26 with 971 viewsGuthrum

Lockdown extension by the back door.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tier 2 it is then... on 17:57 - Nov 26 with 963 viewsStokieBlue

Tier 2 it is then... on 17:49 - Nov 26 by Guthrum

Quite a lot of moaning from Tory MP's and by the looks of it a fairly substantial rebellion on the cards.

It's possible they will need Labour to get it through.

Some of the reasoning of the Tory MPs seems a bit off: "we only have 200 cases per 100000 so should be tier 1".

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:05 - Nov 26 with 945 viewsPinewoodblue

Tier 2 it is then... on 17:49 - Nov 26 by Guthrum

There is an annoying degree of dishonesty in the announcements that are being made.

The tiers that have been set don't come into force for another week. They have said they will review fortnightly starting from 17th December. There is a need to give advance notice of changes so presumably any changes decided on will not come into force until a week later which just happens to be when the christmas rules come into force.

Why don't they just say these tiers are in force until the years end.

The decision to bring Liverpool down a Tier but leave Manchester where it was looks like punishment for Andy Burnham speaking his mind.

The only good word I have for Matthew Hancock is he make Jeremy Hunt look competent.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:11 - Nov 26 with 941 viewsgtsb1966

Boris has just said that we have to do this to stop the virus getting out of control. Chris Witty has just said that the easing of restrictions around Xmas potentially could cause the R rate to go up again. So why are we easing off at Xmas. Absolute farce.
Tier 2 it is then... on 18:14 - Nov 26 with 935 viewsAce_High1

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:11 - Nov 26 by gtsb1966

Boris has just said that we have to do this to stop the virus getting out of control. Chris Witty has just said that the easing of restrictions around Xmas potentially could cause the R rate to go up again. So why are we easing off at Xmas. Absolute farce.

Exactly, anyone wanting relaxation at Christmas is mad.

Forget it, the year has been ruined, a few days at Christmas will not make up for that.

Lets all hold firm, keep going to spring and then we can get out of this.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 18:14]
Tier 2 it is then... on 18:36 - Nov 26 with 917 viewsjaykay

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:14 - Nov 26 by Ace_High1

Exactly, anyone wanting relaxation at Christmas is mad.

Forget it, the year has been ruined, a few days at Christmas will not make up for that.

Lets all hold firm, keep going to spring and then we can get out of this.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 18:14]

every other religion have had there festive holidays curtailed. so why not the Christian festival.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:40 - Nov 26 with 906 viewsPinewoodblue

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:36 - Nov 26 by jaykay

every other religion have had there festive holidays curtailed. so why not the Christian festival.

There is a simple answer to that if you ignore religion and just look at it as being over a public holiday period which everyone shares.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:40 - Nov 26 with 907 viewsitfcjoe

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:36 - Nov 26 by jaykay

It’s not a religious festival here, it’s basically secular these days so it’s just a national holiday/break

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:45 - Nov 26 with 903 views26_Paz

The Paz man lives in disputed border country between London and Essex. I was fully expecting tier 2, I was even a little fearful of tier 3. Tier 2 for Suffolk and Norfolk though is massive over kill. I’d be royally p1ssed if I still lived in Ipswich

The Paz Man

Tier 2 it is then... on 19:00 - Nov 26 with 864 viewspositivity

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:40 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

It’s not a religious festival here, it’s basically secular these days so it’s just a national holiday/break

exactly.

easter was curtailed, so no preference for any religion (unless you count capitalism!)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Tier 2 it is then... on 19:44 - Nov 26 with 835 viewsLeaky

Tier 2 it is then... on 11:31 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

There can';t be anywhere that is Tier 1 then

Isle of Wight & Cornwall
Tier 2 it is then... on 19:53 - Nov 26 with 826 viewsLeaky

Tier 2 it is then... on 12:04 - Nov 26 by ElderGrizzly

Basically, the big cities in our counties drive the decision. In other parts of the country it is more specific, but we have been lumped together in East Anglian counties.

Same in Cambridgeshire, where Peterborough and Cambridge is over 240, but rest of county isn’t above 80.

Was just going to post exactly this.
Tier 2 it is then... on 20:38 - Nov 26 with 797 viewsTrequartista

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:11 - Nov 26 by gtsb1966

Isn't it a bit about state intervention here. The state intervens to try to stop you passing the virus onto acquaintances, work colleagues and strangers. But at Christmas there must a point where relatives meeting each other take responsibility.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Tier 2 it is then... on 08:11 - Nov 27 with 722 viewsSaleAway

Tier 2 it is then... on 18:05 - Nov 26 by Pinewoodblue

There is an annoying degree of dishonesty in the announcements that are being made.

The tiers that have been set don't come into force for another week. They have said they will review fortnightly starting from 17th December. There is a need to give advance notice of changes so presumably any changes decided on will not come into force until a week later which just happens to be when the christmas rules come into force.

Why don't they just say these tiers are in force until the years end.

The decision to bring Liverpool down a Tier but leave Manchester where it was looks like punishment for Andy Burnham speaking his mind.

The only good word I have for Matthew Hancock is he make Jeremy Hunt look competent.

I don't think it is about punishing Burnham, and whilst I am frustrated that Manchester is still in tier 3, I don't actually think its the wrong decision. Liverpool city region currently has rates around 170, GM's average is nearer 270. But at least both are heading in the right direction.

I'd like for us to come into tier 2 on the 17th... give a couple of weeks of slightly less painful restrictions before the post Christmas lockdown.

My 2 biggest issues with the government are the great christmas unlock, which is a stupid idea, and will take us all back into lockdown in the new year, undoing a lot of the gains made by this lockdown.

And also any region that came out of national lockdown with higher levels than it went in, should be in tier 3 in my view. If you've not controlled the cases after 4 weeks of lockdown, you have no right to have relaxed restrictions. IMO

Tier 2 it is then... on 08:16 - Nov 27 with 715 viewsStokieBlue

Tier 2 it is then... on 08:11 - Nov 27 by SaleAway

I don't think it is about punishing Burnham, and whilst I am frustrated that Manchester is still in tier 3, I don't actually think its the wrong decision. Liverpool city region currently has rates around 170, GM's average is nearer 270. But at least both are heading in the right direction.

I'd like for us to come into tier 2 on the 17th... give a couple of weeks of slightly less painful restrictions before the post Christmas lockdown.

My 2 biggest issues with the government are the great christmas unlock, which is a stupid idea, and will take us all back into lockdown in the new year, undoing a lot of the gains made by this lockdown.

And also any region that came out of national lockdown with higher levels than it went in, should be in tier 3 in my view. If you've not controlled the cases after 4 weeks of lockdown, you have no right to have relaxed restrictions. IMO

As you say, the Christmas opening up seems like folly and totally contrary to what any expert you listen to is saying should happen.

With regards to places coming out of lockdown with higher cases than when they entered can we now say:

1). It's proof lots of people ignore the rules.

or

2). Places that stayed open (like schools for instances) are bigger vectors of transmission than was assumed.

SB

Tier 2 it is then... on 08:42 - Nov 27 with 689 viewsGuthrum

Tier 2 it is then... on 17:57 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

Quite a lot of moaning from Tory MP's and by the looks of it a fairly substantial rebellion on the cards.

It's possible they will need Labour to get it through.

Some of the reasoning of the Tory MPs seems a bit off: "we only have 200 cases per 100000 so should be tier 1".

SB

Conservative backbenchers, constituency parties and donors are terrified of the prospect of having to raise taxes at some point to cover the cost of supporting businesses through these restrictions. Ever since the days of Thatcher, they've seen it as the ultimate vote loser.

They also hate the idea of borrowing, even tho it's extremely cheap at the moment. Partly because it's one of the sticks they like using to bash Labour and partly because they approach the national economy with the mindset of a thrifty 1950s housewife.

200 in 100,000 doesn't, on the face of it, seem a big number. Until you realise that forms the springboard for a much larger infection rate, consider how many other people will have to be isolating for each one of those and work out the effect upon schools, businesses, etc., of staff absence. Not to mention the strain upon the healthcare system. Which many of them evidently don't.

Plus MPs are no more immune to Covid-sceptic memes on Facebook than any other person.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tier 2 it is then... on 08:49 - Nov 27 with 682 viewsStokieBlue

Tier 2 it is then... on 08:42 - Nov 27 by Guthrum

Conservative backbenchers, constituency parties and donors are terrified of the prospect of having to raise taxes at some point to cover the cost of supporting businesses through these restrictions. Ever since the days of Thatcher, they've seen it as the ultimate vote loser.

They also hate the idea of borrowing, even tho it's extremely cheap at the moment. Partly because it's one of the sticks they like using to bash Labour and partly because they approach the national economy with the mindset of a thrifty 1950s housewife.

200 in 100,000 doesn't, on the face of it, seem a big number. Until you realise that forms the springboard for a much larger infection rate, consider how many other people will have to be isolating for each one of those and work out the effect upon schools, businesses, etc., of staff absence. Not to mention the strain upon the healthcare system. Which many of them evidently don't.

Plus MPs are no more immune to Covid-sceptic memes on Facebook than any other person.

Also important to remember that it's probably higher than 200 in 100,000 as shown by the asymptomatic positives discovered in Liverpool which would have gone unnoticed.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024