Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who actually thinks Evans will act? 18:38 - Nov 26 with 852 viewsistanblue

It seems a turning point has been reached with fans' views in relation to Paul Lambert's position as ITFC manager after the Hull defeat. However does anyone seriously think Evans will replace Lambert anytime soon? The evidence suggests he most certainly won't be.

Keane was sacked after 8 wins in 25 league games. Jewell left after 1 league win in 12. Hurst was given the boot after 1 win in 14 league matches. Lambert is currently at 8 wins in 13. It would be a massive change of character from Evans to sack Lambert now after such a comparatively better performance compared to Keane, Jewell and Hurst who all endured horrible losing runs in the run up to their departures. Also the COVID situation needs to be taken into account, so Evans will be seriously reluctant to spend any money on changing manager while his own businesses have been hit hard. Then finally there is the ludicrous 5-year contract that Evans handed to Lambert that will probably also prove an obstacle to him taking any action.

I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if Lambert was here for the duration of the season as I imagine we'll probably accrue enough points against the bottom feeders to keep us in an upper-mid table position at least.

This isn't a case for Lambert staying (I think he should go) but a realistic assessment of what Marcus Evans is likely to do (or not do).
Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 18:39 - Nov 26 with 842 viewsBlueBadger

He will act when we are too far adrift to actually do anything meaningful.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 18:45 - Nov 26 with 812 viewsJ2BLUE

Open letter incoming

Fully committed [x]
Lads hurting [x]
Lambert working hard to put things right [x]
Missing the vocal support of fans [x]
Confident in the plan [x]

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 19:01 - Nov 26 with 757 viewsCokeIsKey

Can’t really compare them - for Hurst, Keane and Jewell our goal was to avoid relegation whereas now it’s to achieve promotion so there’s much less room for error.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 19:22 - Nov 26 with 700 viewsTieDyedIn95

Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 19:01 - Nov 26 by CokeIsKey

Can’t really compare them - for Hurst, Keane and Jewell our goal was to avoid relegation whereas now it’s to achieve promotion so there’s much less room for error.

The goal for Keane was to get us promoted, same with Jewell, just in both cases the near opposite happened. It was Mick who was charged with keeping us up and on budget. They were all managing at a vastly better standard than we now play in. Lambert is easily our worse ever manager now.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 21:01 - Nov 26 with 607 viewsFtnfwest

He’s not going anywhere until at least March
Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 21:08 - Nov 26 with 583 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It has to be remembered those stats for the other managers were in the Championship.

I think he will act if we drop away from 6th. How far we have to have done is another question but we could easily be drifting away from it in the next 3 games. Charlton, Oxford and Plymouth are all matches we should be able to win but they are also all matches we could easily lose. Get 6+ points from them and Lambert will remain longer, get fewer than 3 and I think he could be gone.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 21:59]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 22:16 - Nov 26 with 490 viewsallezlesbleus

Knowing ME's track record, probably another 5 year extension to Lambert's contract.
Who actually thinks Evans will act? on 22:18 - Nov 26 with 481 viewswkj

My stock reply... he will, about 6 games too late

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024