Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? 20:08 - Nov 26 with 2852 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:16 - Nov 26 with 2304 viewsIpswichKnight

Repeat this until it sinks in

Burley is NEVER coming back.

if i took anything from that article it was that Keiron was being lined up as a replacement.
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:17 - Nov 26 with 2290 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Maybe I’ve read way too much into this". What makes you think that .

Watching that film about our 2000 promotion stirred something downstairs for me, but I don't think Burley is a realistic option in ME's eyes or it would have been done a long time ago. I may be completely wrong and/or Me could change his mind (eventually...zzzz) of course. It sounds like Burley would be interested (or at least it did a while back) so why the feck not? It's not like he could be any worse than what we've had. And I do think that link with and love/passion for the club goes a long way. He built that 2000 side off the back of team spirit remember.

But I'd hate for him to come in but then all go wrong for him because of the Evans Curse. I've only just got over Grimsby away. I couldn't take another hit.

On balance though, yes I'd be happy to try. It's a retrospective step on the face of it, but nothing Evans decides works out so well worth the risk. It would lift the mood too, which is no small thing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:22 - Nov 26 with 2260 viewsstiff_talking

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:17 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

Watching that film about our 2000 promotion stirred something downstairs for me, but I don't think Burley is a realistic option in ME's eyes or it would have been done a long time ago. I may be completely wrong and/or Me could change his mind (eventually...zzzz) of course. It sounds like Burley would be interested (or at least it did a while back) so why the feck not? It's not like he could be any worse than what we've had. And I do think that link with and love/passion for the club goes a long way. He built that 2000 side off the back of team spirit remember.

But I'd hate for him to come in but then all go wrong for him because of the Evans Curse. I've only just got over Grimsby away. I couldn't take another hit.

On balance though, yes I'd be happy to try. It's a retrospective step on the face of it, but nothing Evans decides works out so well worth the risk. It would lift the mood too, which is no small thing.

Dyer is not the answer. Anyone who believes he is the man for the job is dreaming.

I don’t see Burley returning either and the game has changed since he was last
In the chair.
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:28 - Nov 26 with 2209 viewsBryanPlug

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:22 - Nov 26 by stiff_talking

Dyer is not the answer. Anyone who believes he is the man for the job is dreaming.

In the chair.

[content removed at owner's request]

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:28 - Nov 26 with 2213 viewsMoriarty

In the chair.

Out of interest, what specific changes do you think he couldn’t overcome, remembering the way he got us to play when he was here and the way he united the club. Hit me with 3 because it’s an argument I’ve never really understood.

fka omuircheartaigh

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:29 - Nov 26 with 2193 viewsdavblue

In the chair.

I don’t see how you can come to that conclusion definitively. Dyer might be a great success or a total failure but you making a judgement on him without ever seeing him manage a team is harsh.

Everyone has to start somewhere, would it be a massive risk, yes it would. But it could be one the the best things Evans could do.
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:30 - Nov 26 with 2187 viewscressi

In the chair.

Football is Football players win matches not systems Burley is 64 many older than him in the game probably more enthusiastic now than when he left the game just needs young men around him possibly Nash ,Dyer maybe Holland if he leaves the radio
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:30 - Nov 26 with 2180 viewsPinewoodblue

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:17 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

You have taken lots of hits since Grimsby away.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 20:31]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:32 - Nov 26 with 2165 viewsTrequartista

No.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:34 - Nov 26 with 2150 viewsSuperCoops

Never let it be said that this forum isn't full of laughs and jokers.
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:44 - Nov 26 with 2083 viewsPinewoodblue

Found this comment interesting.

I look around and I see a lot of young players in and around the fringes of our team but that’s not good enough for us.

“They’ve got to be players who go into the first team and make the team better. Our culture is that we can always get better."

Not convinced that Paul Lambert buys into that.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 21:16 - Nov 26 with 1912 viewsArnieM

In the chair.

Agree totally with this KD has zilch experience and being a once good footballer at NUFC does not make him a good managerial proposition. He’s done nothing in the professional game since he left the Academy a few months ago to supposedly broaden his experience. He was about to team up with some. Celebrity show prior to suddenly returning to the Club.... So what does that tell us about his managerial credentials? He’s had NO experience of managing any senior players at another Club. So sorry, but KD is most definitely not the next choice as manager. He needs to go and get experience of manag8mg senior players at league two level first. Do his apprenticeship basically.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 21:23]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 21:21 - Nov 26 with 1887 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wonder if Nash with either Butcher or Dyer as assistant would be an idea.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 21:39 - Nov 26 with 1772 viewsArnieM

Same response really, where the experience ? But her wasn’t a stunning success in the SOL was he. And neither Nash or KD have an6 managerial experience. . I’m not trying to be a party pooper, but we can’t mess about with experiments this season.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 22:22 - Nov 26 with 1590 viewswkj

The only way I think Burley would be bought back is as a transitional manager, to give someone a crash course. However, I don't think it would be on Burleys wishlist personally as he has a mostly revered status here - why tarnish that when the footballing landscape in general is much less level than it used to be, let alone the challenges he'd face with the current ITFC setup.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 22:28 - Nov 26 with 1538 viewsclive_baker

Can't see it happening, but then I can't see ME pulling the trigger any time soon anyway, he'll no doubt leave it until it's too late to save our season. If he did grow a paid any chop Lambert anytime soon I would love to see GB in until the end of the season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 22:41 - Nov 26 with 1469 viewsMoriarty

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 22:22 - Nov 26 by wkj

The only way I think Burley would be bought back is as a transitional manager, to give someone a crash course. However, I don't think it would be on Burleys wishlist personally as he has a mostly revered status here - why tarnish that when the footballing landscape in general is much less level than it used to be, let alone the challenges he'd face with the current ITFC setup.

Because the club is in crisis and it’s a risk that we all need to take, GB risking that status and us risking our emotional attachment to him as a great servant of our club? It would be a shot of optimism, unity and nostalgia in a bleak time.

All the talk about modern stuff is something I just don’t get. We’ve tried it. The poison dwarf Hurst was a messiah for a while, the young and upcoming hero. He really f@cked us up. Have people forgotten that the only managers who got us to the playoffs since GB are Royle and Mick who the enlightened ones call “dinosaurs”?

So f@ck modernity and tippy tappy. I’m up for belonging, emotion and a gamble with one of our own. One who genuinely loves our club.

I wholly agree that it would have to be transitional arrangement (say even until end of season with option for another) and that a succession plan must be part of his brief. Who would the successor be? Would Matt Holland be an option? Would GB feel he’d have to involve TB?

One more spin on the Merry go round.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 22:46]

fka omuircheartaigh

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 22:51 - Nov 26 with 1409 viewswkj

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 22:41 - Nov 26 by Moriarty

Because the club is in crisis and it’s a risk that we all need to take, GB risking that status and us risking our emotional attachment to him as a great servant of our club? It would be a shot of optimism, unity and nostalgia in a bleak time.

All the talk about modern stuff is something I just don’t get. We’ve tried it. The poison dwarf Hurst was a messiah for a while, the young and upcoming hero. He really f@cked us up. Have people forgotten that the only managers who got us to the playoffs since GB are Royle and Mick who the enlightened ones call “dinosaurs”?

So f@ck modernity and tippy tappy. I’m up for belonging, emotion and a gamble with one of our own. One who genuinely loves our club.

I wholly agree that it would have to be transitional arrangement (say even until end of season with option for another) and that a succession plan must be part of his brief. Who would the successor be? Would Matt Holland be an option? Would GB feel he’d have to involve TB?

The assistant manager thing is a big mystery. We don't talk about it much, but I think Burley and Roberts as a duo were greater than the sum of their parts. Regrettably, Dale Roberts was taken from us much much too soon.

My highlighting of the modern game is merely focussed on the disparity of resources available to clubs operated on a much narrower range in terms of cash.

I would love to see GB back at town in some capacity as he was the manager for my first ever town game and gave me a big hug when we beat Bolton in the playoff semi finals, but I would hate to ever have to see him subject of a "FOGB" campaign on Tw@tter. I don't think the younger generation with have enough patience with him and we would probably be too patient with him as an older generation.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 00:39 - Nov 27 with 1235 viewsSwansea_Blue

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:30 - Nov 26 by Pinewoodblue

You have taken lots of hits since Grimsby away.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 20:31]

Feel like a punch bag. Thanks for eff all Evans!

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 01:02 - Nov 27 with 1218 viewsSwansea_Blue

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 22:41 - Nov 26 by Moriarty

This talk about playing possession based (“tippy tappy”) football being modern is something that keeps cropping up on here. It’s not modern at all; just that we missed that boat because we’ve been sh*te for about 10-11 years.

Otherwise, yes I agree.

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 02:46 - Nov 27 with 1173 viewswoiii

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 20:28 - Nov 26 by Moriarty

Out of interest, what specific changes do you think he couldn’t overcome, remembering the way he got us to play when he was here and the way he united the club. Hit me with 3 because it’s an argument I’ve never really understood.

I'm not saying Burley wouldn't be able to adjust but I'm sure that business wise things are done differently now. For example, all the clubs can see each others PMA data.

Linked to the above, a modern manager needs to be able to set out and manage the requirements and deliverables for all age groups, resource the plan (having current contacts to bring in would be great), and be an expert in all areas of modern sports science.

Pressing in midfield is a many faceted art that is key to success now, especially since the rule changes have made tackling anywhere near the box almost impossible. For a manager to be successful he needs to be exceptional at organising the midfield and coaching his styles of pressing.
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 07:18 - Nov 27 with 967 viewsBryanPlug

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 02:46 - Nov 27 by woiii

I'm not saying Burley wouldn't be able to adjust but I'm sure that business wise things are done differently now. For example, all the clubs can see each others PMA data.

Linked to the above, a modern manager needs to be able to set out and manage the requirements and deliverables for all age groups, resource the plan (having current contacts to bring in would be great), and be an expert in all areas of modern sports science.

Pressing in midfield is a many faceted art that is key to success now, especially since the rule changes have made tackling anywhere near the box almost impossible. For a manager to be successful he needs to be exceptional at organising the midfield and coaching his styles of pressing.

[content removed at owner's request]

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 07:18 - Nov 27 with 965 viewsdirtyboy

Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 21:16 - Nov 26 by ArnieM

Agree totally with this KD has zilch experience and being a once good footballer at NUFC does not make him a good managerial proposition. He’s done nothing in the professional game since he left the Academy a few months ago to supposedly broaden his experience. He was about to team up with some. Celebrity show prior to suddenly returning to the Club.... So what does that tell us about his managerial credentials? He’s had NO experience of managing any senior players at another Club. So sorry, but KD is most definitely not the next choice as manager. He needs to go and get experience of manag8mg senior players at league two level first. Do his apprenticeship basically.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 21:23]

Like Lampard, Gerrard et al?

I’m not saying he’s the one, but I’d suggest going from playing to manager is not always a leap in terms of experience
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 08:23 - Nov 27 with 840 viewsMunichBlue

Is it time for Mauricio Taricco to step up from assistant manager?
Could it be Burley’s being lined up? on 08:24 - Nov 27 with 836 viewsFenland_Blue

When MM left, I would of liked Klug over seeing Nash and Hogg, promoting youth with academy players making the nucleus of the squad.

The academy is the biggest positive within the club, but with the current clown in charge they aren't going to get a chance.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024