Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Z Alkmaar, Towns EUFA Cup Final 81 Opponents stadium question. 21:01 - Nov 26 with 585 viewsfloridablue

Here in sunny Florida and the choice of 2 live soccer games while enjoying my turkey sandwich. Napoli or AZ Alkmaar, both on hispanic speaking channels. I've gone with AZ home game against R Sociadad. I was lucky enough to be there in Ajax stadium in Amsterdam for the second leg of the EUFA final 1981 but now wondering why it was not played in Alkmaars which looks a very nice, large enough stadium as there was around 25,000 attendance. Did they consider it would be easier for Town fans to travel to Amsterdam come into the decision or stadium size?
A Z Alkmaar, Towns EUFA Cup Final 81 Opponents stadium question. on 21:03 - Nov 26 with 577 viewsFtnfwest

AZ67s original ground took about 10,000 I think. Went there in 1978 for the cup winners cup game. The one they play in now is quite new I think
A Z Alkmaar, Towns EUFA Cup Final 81 Opponents stadium question. on 21:19 - Nov 26 with 525 viewsfloridablue

A Z Alkmaar, Towns EUFA Cup Final 81 Opponents stadium question. on 21:03 - Nov 26 by Ftnfwest

AZ67s original ground took about 10,000 I think. Went there in 1978 for the cup winners cup game. The one they play in now is quite new I think

Ahh.. so the one I'm seeing is a larger newer model. Towns 7,000 fans back in 81 would have graced this as the Amsterdam stadium was a little to large for the nights attendance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024