Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banner and Message 07:29 - Nov 27 with 2766 viewsKropotkin123

I obviously made my position quite clear over the summer when I called for Lambert to be replaced.

I think the BA message reads well - talking about a reluctance and outlining the reasoning for the call.

But then that banner, written like a teenager trying to make a point. Why be rude and write "Shambo". It is petulant, unnecessary and a disconnect to the tone you look to strike with the message. It devalues the message.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Banner and Message on 07:33 - Nov 27 with 2303 viewsDanTheMan

If you check out the other thread about the banner, they respond to this point.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Banner and Message on 07:37 - Nov 27 with 2285 viewsKropotkin123

Banner and Message on 07:33 - Nov 27 by DanTheMan

If you check out the other thread about the banner, they respond to this point.

Would you mind linking me or sharing the title, I can't find it.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Banner and Message on 07:40 - Nov 27 with 2279 viewsDanTheMan

Banner and Message on 07:37 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

Unless I'm going mad, I don't see how you link to a specific message in Table mode.

However, it's in the thread So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on page four.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Banner and Message on 07:43 - Nov 27 with 2265 viewsKropotkin123

Banner and Message on 07:40 - Nov 27 by DanTheMan

Unless I'm going mad, I don't see how you link to a specific message in Table mode.

However, it's in the thread So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP on page four.

Thank you

Banner and Message on 08:04 - Nov 27 with 2203 viewsGeoffSentence

Banner and Message on 07:37 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

So because Blue Action are now saying FOPRP by Blue_Order 26 Nov 2020 13:36
The lambo/shambo was actually meant as a self deprecating nod towards our tifo, rather than a personal insult towards him, which is why it was (sh)Lambo and not (sh)Lambert.

We knew if we called for his head the usual folk would be straight out to remind us of the tifo, so thought we might as well mock it ourselves.

Too subtle, perhaps.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Banner and Message on 09:29 - Nov 27 with 2061 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agreed, I made the same point yesterday.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Banner and Message on 09:56 - Nov 27 with 2019 viewsMrTown

We've got a manager that insults fans intelligence every week with post match interviews, who is rude to the local media, throws our young academy players under the bus...

And the word "Shambo" is a problem in all this.

Can't see it myself.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Banner and Message on 10:13 - Nov 27 with 1967 viewsHerbivore

Really? Shambo is pretty tame, it's not massively offensive. Mick got called a paedophile and he was actually a capable manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Banner and Message on 10:15 - Nov 27 with 1961 viewsfooters

Banner and Message on 09:56 - Nov 27 by MrTown

We've got a manager that insults fans intelligence every week with post match interviews, who is rude to the local media, throws our young academy players under the bus...

Can't see it myself.

This pretty much.

Lambert has accused the press of being drunk for questioning him (and a pretty tame question at that). The bloke lacks any class. And the way he continues to belittle our youth players is disgusting.

The banner is in no way offensive.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Banner and Message on 10:21 - Nov 27 with 1943 viewsMrTown

Banner and Message on 10:15 - Nov 27 by footers

This pretty much.

Lambert has accused the press of being drunk for questioning him (and a pretty tame question at that). The bloke lacks any class. And the way he continues to belittle our youth players is disgusting.

The banner is in no way offensive.

Because they never won the Champions League, press don't deserve to be in the same room as him (or zoom call).

He marked Zidanne once ya know.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 10:22]

Banner and Message on 10:27 - Nov 27 with 1913 viewsKropotkin123

Banner and Message on 10:13 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

Really? Shambo is pretty tame, it's not massively offensive. Mick got called a paedophile and he was actually a capable manager.

Two wrongs don't make a right. In neither case do we need to throw around insults to make our point. It just undermines it and is at odds with the released statement.

MM should not have been called a paedophile. Those "fans" are scum.

Banner and Message on 10:32 - Nov 27 with 1901 viewsKropotkin123

Banner and Message on 09:56 - Nov 27 by MrTown

Can't see it myself.

I agree with the statement. The additional points you make are in no way debated by me. I agree he should go. I made the point clearly in the summer....

I’m going on the offensive with this one by Kropotkin123 10 Jun 2020 14:54
So Paul Lambert thinks “we had a bad couple of months before we stopped and we have paid for that” and the supporters are meant to sit here and allow the club to rewrite the season.

No, we had an extremely fortunate start in which we played 11 games and got 27 from a possible 33. That was eight wins, three draws and zero losses. We scored 21 goals (third highest) and conceded just five (lowest). We had a GD of 16 (best) and were four points clear with a game in hand over second.

Since the 7th October 2019 we accumulated 25 points from 25 games. That puts us 19th in a division of 23 with just one point per game (ppg). Shrewsbury in 20th actually performed better in ppg (25 from 23). Tranmere in 22nd performed the same (23 from 23).

In fact, only Bolton (23 from 25) and Southend (15 from 24) performed worse on a ppg basis. That means we had relegation form over our past 25 games. We need to wake up to the fact that if we maintain our current management team relegation is currently a statistically backed likelihood.

Lee O’Neill said it was “disappointing... not get an opportunity to see out the season” as if he somehow hasn’t witnessed what we have produced since the beginning of October. It really is hard to under emphasise the disaster that followed our great start. But let me try and contextualize it for him.

We obtained two more points in our first 11 games than we did in our last 25. We scored 21 goals in our first 11 games and just 25 goals in our final 25 games. We conceded five goals in our first 11 games and 31 goals in our final 25 games.

This is not a “bad couple of months”. This is completely unforgivable and sustained poor performance over the majority of the season. The club needs to sufficiently explain this, as currently it has only been done with delusional comments.

Lambert thought that “we had to win about six of [our remaining] games to get into the play-offs” which is what we managed over the previous 25 games. This should bring into sharp focus what they were pinning their hopes on.

After this dreadful season’s campaign had ended we found out from O’Neill that “our target was to try and make the play-offs this year”. Excuse me? That should have been the bare minimum, as evidenced by the start of our campaign. If you aren’t targeting the top two as a relatively financially stable club, then you don’t have the correct winning mentality.

Sure, a reasonable and objective supporter would look at last season's relegation campaign and say they would accept failure at the play-off stage. But none can sanely say that this should have been our target. There should be repercussions for not achieving this.

What’s more, O’Neill has already said that “Paul and his staff are a part of the club’s plans going forward”. That’s right, there is no end of season assessment, nor reflection time and no consequence for finishing 11th in division three.

And the gall to use a word like “forward” after around two decades of going backwards. A significant reason for that is that we consistently appoint PR people, like O’Neill, who clearly know nothing about football, into positions that influence the direction of our club. It is a scandal that needs to be rectified.

In short, O'Neill and Lambert need to go.

Calling him "Shambo" is a problem. It is not the problem.

Banner and Message on 10:33 - Nov 27 with 1892 viewsHerbivore

Banner and Message on 10:27 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

Two wrongs don't make a right. In neither case do we need to throw around insults to make our point. It just undermines it and is at odds with the released statement.

MM should not have been called a paedophile. Those "fans" are scum.

I mean, he is a sham or a shambles so I'm not sure it's really even an insult.

Banner and Message on 10:34 - Nov 27 with 1893 viewsfooters

Banner and Message on 10:32 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

I agree with the statement. The additional points you make are in no way debated by me. I agree he should go. I made the point clearly in the summer....

I’m going on the offensive with this one by Kropotkin123 10 Jun 2020 14:54
So Paul Lambert thinks “we had a bad couple of months before we stopped and we have paid for that” and the supporters are meant to sit here and allow the club to rewrite the season.

No, we had an extremely fortunate start in which we played 11 games and got 27 from a possible 33. That was eight wins, three draws and zero losses. We scored 21 goals (third highest) and conceded just five (lowest). We had a GD of 16 (best) and were four points clear with a game in hand over second.

Since the 7th October 2019 we accumulated 25 points from 25 games. That puts us 19th in a division of 23 with just one point per game (ppg). Shrewsbury in 20th actually performed better in ppg (25 from 23). Tranmere in 22nd performed the same (23 from 23).

In fact, only Bolton (23 from 25) and Southend (15 from 24) performed worse on a ppg basis. That means we had relegation form over our past 25 games. We need to wake up to the fact that if we maintain our current management team relegation is currently a statistically backed likelihood.

Lee O’Neill said it was “disappointing... not get an opportunity to see out the season” as if he somehow hasn’t witnessed what we have produced since the beginning of October. It really is hard to under emphasise the disaster that followed our great start. But let me try and contextualize it for him.

We obtained two more points in our first 11 games than we did in our last 25. We scored 21 goals in our first 11 games and just 25 goals in our final 25 games. We conceded five goals in our first 11 games and 31 goals in our final 25 games.

This is not a “bad couple of months”. This is completely unforgivable and sustained poor performance over the majority of the season. The club needs to sufficiently explain this, as currently it has only been done with delusional comments.

Lambert thought that “we had to win about six of [our remaining] games to get into the play-offs” which is what we managed over the previous 25 games. This should bring into sharp focus what they were pinning their hopes on.

After this dreadful season’s campaign had ended we found out from O’Neill that “our target was to try and make the play-offs this year”. Excuse me? That should have been the bare minimum, as evidenced by the start of our campaign. If you aren’t targeting the top two as a relatively financially stable club, then you don’t have the correct winning mentality.

Sure, a reasonable and objective supporter would look at last season's relegation campaign and say they would accept failure at the play-off stage. But none can sanely say that this should have been our target. There should be repercussions for not achieving this.

What’s more, O’Neill has already said that “Paul and his staff are a part of the club’s plans going forward”. That’s right, there is no end of season assessment, nor reflection time and no consequence for finishing 11th in division three.

And the gall to use a word like “forward” after around two decades of going backwards. A significant reason for that is that we consistently appoint PR people, like O’Neill, who clearly know nothing about football, into positions that influence the direction of our club. It is a scandal that needs to be rectified.

In short, O'Neill and Lambert need to go.

Calling him "Shambo" is a problem. It is not the problem.

Why is it a problem? What issues does it cause and who will be affected by it aside from Lambert's feelings?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Banner and Message on 10:42 - Nov 27 with 1883 viewsKropotkin123

Banner and Message on 10:34 - Nov 27 by footers

Why is it a problem? What issues does it cause and who will be affected by it aside from Lambert's feelings?

1) It reflects poorly upon us as fans
2) It is at odds with the associated released message
3) It devalues the message
4) It is less likely to be taken seriously by Evans, the person we want to make the change
5) It continues the divisive nature that has persisted amongst our fanbase for the past half decade
6) It serves no positive function
7) It is rude and we should hold ourselves to higher standards

Banner and Message on 10:46 - Nov 27 with 1862 viewsHerbivore

Banner and Message on 10:42 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

1) It reflects poorly upon us as fans
2) It is at odds with the associated released message
3) It devalues the message
4) It is less likely to be taken seriously by Evans, the person we want to make the change
5) It continues the divisive nature that has persisted amongst our fanbase for the past half decade
6) It serves no positive function
7) It is rude and we should hold ourselves to higher standards

A lot of those points are essentially the same point reworded. But on the potentially key one that it makes Evans less likely to take it seriously, I think that's just nonsense to be honest. Do you really think Evans saw the banner and thought "you know what, I would have sacked Lambert if they hadn't done the whole 'Shambo' jibe"? Come on, you're an intelligent individual. It makes no difference.

Banner and Message on 10:50 - Nov 27 with 1854 viewsKropotkin123

Banner and Message on 10:46 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

A lot of those points are essentially the same point reworded. But on the potentially key one that it makes Evans less likely to take it seriously, I think that's just nonsense to be honest. Do you really think Evans saw the banner and thought "you know what, I would have sacked Lambert if they hadn't done the whole 'Shambo' jibe"? Come on, you're an intelligent individual. It makes no difference.

If it makes no difference, why be rude?

Banner and Message on 10:57 - Nov 27 with 1822 viewsHerbivore

Banner and Message on 10:50 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

If it makes no difference, why be rude?

Is it even that rude? Really? They could have left it out but I don't think it really matters either way. It's a very odd thing to care about.

Banner and Message on 11:10 - Nov 27 with 1795 viewsKropotkin123

Banner and Message on 10:57 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

Is it even that rude? Really? They could have left it out but I don't think it really matters either way. It's a very odd thing to care about.

Why put it in? What positive purpose does it serve?

Calling someone a sham (a faker, an imposture), which is what it amounts to, is rude. Putting a message outside the place where someone works, which implies they are a sham, is rude.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 11:11]

Banner and Message on 11:11 - Nov 27 with 1785 viewsSteve_M

Well, quite the banner is a bit crass. It's on a par with those who used to use "Dim Magilton".

That Lambert has failed here doesn't change that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Banner and Message on 12:17 - Nov 27 with 1724 viewsMrTown

Banner and Message on 11:10 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

Calling someone a sham (a faker, an imposture), which is what it amounts to, is rude. Putting a message outside the place where someone works, which implies they are a sham, is rude.

Nice little Ipswich.

Banner and Message on 13:21 - Nov 27 with 1674 viewsHerbivore

Banner and Message on 11:10 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

What is the correct etiquette for protesting against the manager? Running a bake sale? A blog post on Mumsnet? It's not like they've used any naughty words, ffs. It's about as mild as you can get.

Banner and Message on 13:36 - Nov 27 with 1645 viewsjeera

Banner and Message on 13:21 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

What is the correct etiquette for protesting against the manager? Running a bake sale? A blog post on Mumsnet? It's not like they've used any naughty words, ffs. It's about as mild as you can get.

Can't imagine vegan cakes being a lot of fun.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Banner and Message on 13:45 - Nov 27 with 1613 viewsHerbivore

Banner and Message on 13:36 - Nov 27 by jeera

Can't imagine vegan cakes being a lot of fun.

They've got a lot better to be fair.

Banner and Message on 15:46 - Nov 27 with 1533 viewsKropotkin123

Banner and Message on 13:21 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

I don't know anything about Mumsnet. Maybe they have a section on teaching kids about name-calling. Lambert, or "Lambo" if you wish, would both be fine. Neither are pointless insults.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024