Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The other option - add Culverhouse 08:28 - Nov 27 with 1248 viewsSouperJim

I've read a lot of references to Lambert+Culverhouse being the win ticket, Lambert without him a busted flush.

As per the title, rather than bin Lambert and the 4-3-3 right through the club approach altogether, why not just go and get Culverhouse from King's Lynn to come in as assistant manager? Assuming he would come.

Apologies, this is a lazy post and I cba to go into detail, but there are positives to the way Lambert runs things and I don't like to see a return to short-termism. But clearly the performance of the first team needs correcting, rapid.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:31 - Nov 27 with 1229 viewsPlums

After their fall out at Villa, I think most of us would probably pay to watch Culverhouse be imposed on him as an assistant.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 8:31]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:38 - Nov 27 with 1197 viewsitfcjoe

They absolutely despise each other, there is more chance of Donald Trump and Barack Obama performing a duet of Ebony and Ivory at Biden's inauguration.

There were issues with bullying at Villa (and rumours from other clubs) and Lambert chucked Culverhouse and Gary Karsa under the bus to keep his job, and has not really been the same since.

I'm sure it's not that Culverhouse is a management genius, just that the team they had worked - sadly the team currently around him doesn't work for whatever reason

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:42 - Nov 27 with 1174 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No chance.

Do you think Lambert is the type to accept 'help'?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:43 - Nov 27 with 1169 viewsHerbivore

What are the positives in how Lambert runs things???

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:45 - Nov 27 with 1165 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/15/aston-vill

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:48 - Nov 27 with 1140 viewsDanTheMan

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:38 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

They absolutely despise each other, there is more chance of Donald Trump and Barack Obama performing a duet of Ebony and Ivory at Biden's inauguration.

There were issues with bullying at Villa (and rumours from other clubs) and Lambert chucked Culverhouse and Gary Karsa under the bus to keep his job, and has not really been the same since.

I'm sure it's not that Culverhouse is a management genius, just that the team they had worked - sadly the team currently around him doesn't work for whatever reason

"They absolutely despise each other, there is more chance of Donald Trump and Barack Obama performing a duet of Ebony and Ivory at Biden's inauguration."

I would pay good money to see this happen.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:50 - Nov 27 with 1130 viewsgiant_stow

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:48 - Nov 27 by DanTheMan

"They absolutely despise each other, there is more chance of Donald Trump and Barack Obama performing a duet of Ebony and Ivory at Biden's inauguration."

I would pay good money to see this happen.

quite a witty line - if it was yours Joe, well done!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:50 - Nov 27 with 1123 viewsSouperJim

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:31 - Nov 27 by Plums

After their fall out at Villa, I think most of us would probably pay to watch Culverhouse be imposed on him as an assistant.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 8:31]

Wasn't aware of the history

Login to get fewer ads

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:55 - Nov 27 with 1095 viewsfooters

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:43 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

Yes, I was wondering about this.

Maybe the OP got a free pint from Lambo?

But in all honesty you'd need a pint of something stronger than beer to see any positives atm.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 8:56]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:56 - Nov 27 with 1093 viewsSouperJim

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:43 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

Can't be arsed to get into it with you herbi, generally I think for many things other than the performance of the first team (relationship with fans, community etc) Lambert has been a big improvement on most of what we've seen under Evans and it's easy to underestimate the importance of this. I also think there is some merit in the approach of having a long term plan, manager on a 5 year contract, install a playing style and culture throughout the club and stick with it.

But yeah, it's easy to ridicule him, call him PR Paul who buys beers etc as his performance in having us look like a coherent team has been shocking.

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:04 - Nov 27 with 1070 viewsitfcjoe

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:56 - Nov 27 by SouperJim

Can't be arsed to get into it with you herbi, generally I think for many things other than the performance of the first team (relationship with fans, community etc) Lambert has been a big improvement on most of what we've seen under Evans and it's easy to underestimate the importance of this. I also think there is some merit in the approach of having a long term plan, manager on a 5 year contract, install a playing style and culture throughout the club and stick with it.

But yeah, it's easy to ridicule him, call him PR Paul who buys beers etc as his performance in having us look like a coherent team has been shocking.

Whilst I'd agree initially with that, they things he did were key - that good work is being undone at a rate of knots.

We now have a very different manager to the one that came bounding in to the club full of enthusiasm, full of time for fan groups, the press, the women's team and everyone else - that was what we needed and that is why even after relegation he was backed strongly by the fan base..........that isn't who we've got now.

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:09 - Nov 27 with 1041 viewsSouperJim

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:04 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

Whilst I'd agree initially with that, they things he did were key - that good work is being undone at a rate of knots.

We now have a very different manager to the one that came bounding in to the club full of enthusiasm, full of time for fan groups, the press, the women's team and everyone else - that was what we needed and that is why even after relegation he was backed strongly by the fan base..........that isn't who we've got now.

Yeah I agree completely. It's just so disheartening to see another roll of the dice under Evans and risk going back to a short term approach, as we will never get anywhere as a club lurching from one ethos to another every 2 years or so.

Clearly my attempt to think outside the box in this thread was undone by not knowing the history with Culverhouse. But Evans needs to find a different way of doing things, as only funding us to third tier level while repeatedly spinning the managerial merry go round is just going to keep us exactly where we are. Nowhere.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 9:12]

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:13 - Nov 27 with 1032 viewsitfcjoe

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:09 - Nov 27 by SouperJim

Yeah I agree completely. It's just so disheartening to see another roll of the dice under Evans and risk going back to a short term approach, as we will never get anywhere as a club lurching from one ethos to another every 2 years or so.

Clearly my attempt to think outside the box in this thread was undone by not knowing the history with Culverhouse. But Evans needs to find a different way of doing things, as only funding us to third tier level while repeatedly spinning the managerial merry go round is just going to keep us exactly where we are. Nowhere.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 9:12]

I think it's just the way it will always be here under him - it's unrealistic to expect a manager to be able to shape things and stay in long term.......even when one did with success in Mick the fans had tired of him by the end.

Unless we promote from within, then it won't change - but for all Lambert's talk there is a big divide between the 1st team and the academy - they have their staff and Lambert has his......it isn't possible to parachute a team in and have them dovetail with people like Klug who has been here forever and is hugely respected by all the staff on his side of things.

I'd be all up for a promotion from within, it may not be the right time for it but will there ever be a right time?

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:17 - Nov 27 with 997 viewsMrTown

I do agree with idea that a long-term system/plan/development is good.

But you've got to have the right people at the top to implment it.

If you look back at Lamberts time, have we come any further with this long term plan over 2 and half years, it is hard to say we have?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:17 - Nov 27 with 999 viewsHerbivore

So basically there aren't any positives in the main thing he's employed to do, which is to get the first team playing well. The relationship with the fans isn't great either, at last count over 90% want him gone. I agree there's merit in having a long term plan, but 2 years in there's no sign of Lambert having implemented one or being the man to really take us forward long term.

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:18 - Nov 27 with 997 viewsSouperJim

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:13 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

I think it's just the way it will always be here under him - it's unrealistic to expect a manager to be able to shape things and stay in long term.......even when one did with success in Mick the fans had tired of him by the end.

Unless we promote from within, then it won't change - but for all Lambert's talk there is a big divide between the 1st team and the academy - they have their staff and Lambert has his......it isn't possible to parachute a team in and have them dovetail with people like Klug who has been here forever and is hugely respected by all the staff on his side of things.

I'd be all up for a promotion from within, it may not be the right time for it but will there ever be a right time?

I think we need a change asap to attempt to save our season, so I'd tolerate a short-termism spin right now. But if we don't get up this year, we need to start thinking longer term by promoting from within and utilising those staff who understand this football club. Because Evans still doesn't.

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:18 - Nov 27 with 998 viewshomer_123

I thought this was telling from Klug:

Manager Paul Lambert has stated on a number of occasions that the aim is for teams from the senior side downwards to play the same style of football.

"I’d like to think that over the years, the academy have had not one particular style but a way of playing,” Klug reflected.

“It’s very good for the first team to settle into a way of playing and it’s our job to produce players who can do that.

“There’s more than one way of playing football, that’s something I’ve learned over many years."

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:19 - Nov 27 with 1003 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree, the gamble on the merry go round managers hasn't worked, or the 'young hungry' Paul Hurst.

The big issue is that any manager we have seems to need to run the entire club and be CEO, DoF and Manager all at the same time. The role seems to grind the managers down. That makes me think we need someone who has a history and passion for the club and will be less easily fatigued. They will also be well aware of the pitfalls of how the club is run.

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:22 - Nov 27 with 972 viewsSouperJim

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:17 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

So basically there aren't any positives in the main thing he's employed to do, which is to get the first team playing well. The relationship with the fans isn't great either, at last count over 90% want him gone. I agree there's merit in having a long term plan, but 2 years in there's no sign of Lambert having implemented one or being the man to really take us forward long term.

If you like. I'm amongst the 90%.

I just want to avoid a return to the complete disconnect between club, fanbase and community. The penny pinching, no free cup of tea for ex players, customers not fans, back of ticket small print type lack of identity which predated Lambert.

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:27 - Nov 27 with 943 viewsHerbivore

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:22 - Nov 27 by SouperJim

If you like. I'm amongst the 90%.

I just want to avoid a return to the complete disconnect between club, fanbase and community. The penny pinching, no free cup of tea for ex players, customers not fans, back of ticket small print type lack of identity which predated Lambert.

That early connection disappeared sometime around December last season though, when it was becoming abundantly clear that for all the nice words Lambert wasn't really up to much as a manager.

A new manager tends to bring positive vibes with them anyway, what generally sustains those good vibes is results on the pitch. You'll only get so far offering a pint and free coach travel.

The other option - add Culverhouse on 10:28 - Nov 27 with 848 viewshadleighboyblue

It's obvious that PL has been found out as lacking tactical skills and now his man management is also looking poor and that has now led to poor performances from the players .

It's not just PL , but also the rest of his management team that need to be questioned . Taylor's main focus seems to be getting in the 4th officials face , anyone know when he teamed up with Lambert and what his experience is .

A manager needs a good team around him , it worked for PL having Culverhouse , but since then things have been on a steady decline and have now reached rock bottom .

As you say , when he came here , he did well to get the fans back , but the bottom line is what happens on the pitch and the fans can see how much we are underperforming under this manager , other teams outplay and out think us too often .
The other option - add Culverhouse on 12:52 - Nov 27 with 755 viewsportmanroadblue

The other option - add Culverhouse on 09:17 - Nov 27 by MrTown

I do agree with idea that a long-term system/plan/development is good.

But you've got to have the right people at the top to implment it.

If you look back at Lamberts time, have we come any further with this long term plan over 2 and half years, it is hard to say we have?

You also have to have a plan B and C system.
The other option - add Culverhouse on 14:07 - Nov 27 with 658 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The other option - add Culverhouse on 14:41 - Nov 27 with 619 viewsbackwaywhen

The other option - add Culverhouse on 08:38 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

Culverhouse was the man that put the jigsaw together on the pitch , and believe me it was going to be Norwich fans biggest nightmare if he was to join up with Lambert again at Town , having worked all over Norfolk in my job , every Nodge fan to a man said he was the key factor !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024