Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. 15:52 - Nov 27 with 2972 viewsWallingford_Boy

I have a mate who works for adidas and he's now working with the director of football at the company and have just been reviewing accounts.

Ipswich were discussed and adidas to keen to only been associated with "top clubs".

Understandable.

RIP Sir Bobby

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:54 - Nov 27 with 2366 viewswkj

Topman are hungry for trade

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:55 - Nov 27 with 2353 viewsWallingford_Boy

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:54 - Nov 27 by wkj

Topman are hungry for trade

ooooh Ipswich branded skinny jeans!

RIP Sir Bobby

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:56 - Nov 27 with 2339 viewsMrTown

You. Are. Joking.

Do they not know we are a really good side.

Mitre it is.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:57 - Nov 27 with 2324 viewswkj

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:55 - Nov 27 by Wallingford_Boy

ooooh Ipswich branded skinny jeans!

Slap those on ans a puffer jacket from that old carboot looking place what used to be in Iceland and we'll be laughing

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:59 - Nov 27 with 2317 viewsGeoffSentence

Do they give us the kit? Or does dropping us mean not selling us any kit? Seems an odd approach for a kit supplier to drop a customer, you'd think it would be the other way round.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:02 - Nov 27 with 2298 viewsIllinoisblue

Good, fook em. Their shirts are lazy and pisspoor. Bring on Hummel

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:02 - Nov 27 with 2297 viewsMetal_Hacker

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:59 - Nov 27 by GeoffSentence

Do they give us the kit? Or does dropping us mean not selling us any kit? Seems an odd approach for a kit supplier to drop a customer, you'd think it would be the other way round.

I guess when it becomes non-viable in terms of a slump in sales , lack of profile playing in lower league etc there comes a point when you move onto another club with a far wider supporter network and chance of success

Poll: If it were one or the other

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:07 - Nov 27 with 2267 viewsWallingford_Boy

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 15:59 - Nov 27 by GeoffSentence

Well I guess they supply the kit which we pay x amount for (and obviously get a percentage of replica shirt sales), but a company like adidas wants to be associated with the best and a struggling L1 side doesn't really fit with their image!

So yes, although its odd, they would choose to not renew the contract even though we are the customer.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:10 - Nov 27 with 2247 viewsPhilTWTD

Contract has another year to run so would be from 2022/23 onwards if correct.
Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:10 - Nov 27 with 2246 viewsHerbivore

This has a whiff of bullsh!t about it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:14 - Nov 27 with 2225 viewshoppy

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:07 - Nov 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Well I guess they supply the kit which we pay x amount for (and obviously get a percentage of replica shirt sales), but a company like adidas wants to be associated with the best and a struggling L1 side doesn't really fit with their image!

So yes, although its odd, they would choose to not renew the contract even though we are the customer.

Are they dropping Accrington Stanley as well then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:14 - Nov 27 with 2218 viewshype313

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:14 - Nov 27 by hoppy

Who are they?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:15 - Nov 27 with 2211 viewsitfcjoe

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:07 - Nov 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Don't they do Accrington's kits?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:17 - Nov 27 with 2200 viewshoppy

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:14 - Nov 27 by hype313

Who are they?

Exactl...

can't even be bothered.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:18 - Nov 27 with 2193 viewsclive_baker

I wouldn't be averse to us going a bit rogue in terms of a kit manufacturer, if it meant having more license to get a unique design. I'm not sure why Adidas would step away from revenue for what must be naff all effort.

Could go rogue and see if a Samurai would be interested, they're local just up the A140. As long as they didn't make us look like preppy peanut huggers.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:20 - Nov 27 with 2176 viewshype313

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:17 - Nov 27 by hoppy

Exactl...

can't even be bothered.

It's got like that hasn't it.

Sad state of affairs when we've all lost our pun mojo.

Lambert needs to go, just for that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:22 - Nov 27 with 2166 viewsWallingford_Boy

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:10 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

This has a whiff of bullsh!t about it.

Why would you say that?

He is moving to the football accounts and they are reviewing their client base.

Adidas are looking at dropping clubs below Championship level, he said from next season, but obviously didn;t know when contracts expired.

You cross as I said I liked Donacien?

RIP Sir Bobby

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:23 - Nov 27 with 2159 viewsWallingford_Boy

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:14 - Nov 27 by hoppy

Well if they are looking at dropping Ipswich I would hope so!!

Otherwise that would be the ultimate kick in the teeth!!

RIP Sir Bobby

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:36 - Nov 27 with 2069 viewsKeno

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:17 - Nov 27 by hoppy

Exactl...

can't even be bothered.

We need someone good at arty stuff

Hoppy Designs up for it??

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 17:02 - Nov 27 with 1980 viewsHerbivore

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:22 - Nov 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Why would you say that?

He is moving to the football accounts and they are reviewing their client base.

Adidas are looking at dropping clubs below Championship level, he said from next season, but obviously didn;t know when contracts expired.

You cross as I said I liked Donacien?

Not cross at all, I just have a pretty well-honed bullsh!t detector. Not saying it's you that is the bullsh!tter by the way, think your pal might be on the wind up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 17:21 - Nov 27 with 1926 viewsBlueBadger

Sounds legit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 17:22 - Nov 27 with 1916 viewsChondzoresk

Stone Island....if they fancied doing football shirts.
Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 17:32 - Nov 27 with 1875 viewsEwan_Oozami

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:20 - Nov 27 by hype313

It's got like that hasn't it.

Sad state of affairs when we've all lost our pun mojo.

Lambert needs to go, just for that.

There must a a manager somewhere we can take a punt on? Someone to eradicate the mistakes for which we always seems to be punished? Who can banish the pungent odour of failure? Who can get us punching above our weight again? Who can get the pundits raving about us once more? Who will be punctilious about the team playing properly?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 17:47 - Nov 27 with 1829 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That's the very least of our problems.

To be fair I like the current kit and training gear, but Adidas don't give us anything different. Reminds me of choosing a pub teams kit from a catalogue.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 17:55 - Nov 27 with 1793 viewsGlasgowBlue

Adidas possibly dropping Ipswich if we fail to get out of League One this year.. on 16:18 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

I wouldn't be averse to us going a bit rogue in terms of a kit manufacturer, if it meant having more license to get a unique design. I'm not sure why Adidas would step away from revenue for what must be naff all effort.

Could go rogue and see if a Samurai would be interested, they're local just up the A140. As long as they didn't make us look like preppy peanut huggers.

I'd like us to go with Admiral. We had Umbro and then Adidas back in the glory days but I always had a soft spot for Admiral. Especially their England 1982 kit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024