Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGuiness is another pointless loan 23:00 - Nov 27 with 2780 viewsEnigma_Blue

IMO he is no better than our other centre backs, yet it looks as though he could end up playing more games this season than Wilson & Nsiala. When are we going to stop this lunacy of helping develop other teams players when they are not really much better than what we have already. I hope there isn't a clause in his loan deal meaning we have to play him a minimum number of games like we had to give to Norris last season. If that is the case I would rather we cut his loan deal short. If we are struggling for cover due to injuries we could always play Hawkins at CB, that's is why we got him after all as he can play either as striker or a CB.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 23:02]
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 01:15 - Nov 28 with 2629 viewsIllinoisblue

Been saying this for weeks. And if Toto had made the number of mistakes McGuiness has made he would have been run out of town by now. A totally pointless loan.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 06:48 - Nov 28 with 2512 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert has gone on about we shouldn’t be using loans, which is fair enough - sometimes you may need the odd one and have a chance of signing them longer term, which to be fair to him was fine last year with LG and WN. Keeper situation was funny with Bart only being loaned initially.

This year we just have 2 loan players that are taking minutes from our own youngsters, that we have no chance of signing long term, and in reality that don’t look a step up from permanent squad members

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 08:13 - Nov 28 with 2402 viewsHarry_Palmer

Indeed. I'm sure he will be a good player in the future but right here and now he is no better than what we already had and is stopping the development of our own players.

Nbada looked ready to step up in pre-season and is just as comfortable on the ball as well as being left sided, now he can't get anywhere near the first team. Imagine if Nbada had played and had made the same mistakes that McGuiness has, Lambert would have completely thrown him under the bus publicly and probably dropped him back to the U23's.
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 08:19 - Nov 28 with 2386 viewsbluejacko

He looked good against a weakened Town team but now he is up against the ‘first’ team it seems he is not up to it!
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 08:21 - Nov 28 with 2384 viewsChrisd

It’s more concerning when you have a young lad taking his first steps in the professional game and he’s deemed no better than far more experienced defenders around him. More a reflection of the problems we have at CB with our own players when on a par with an inexperienced player.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 9:03]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 08:47 - Nov 28 with 2316 viewsITFC_96

Similar story with Bennetts and Dobra, except Bennetts is older and also in higher wages.
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 08:59 - Nov 28 with 2296 viewsBlue12345

McGuiness is miles better that toto.
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:04 - Nov 28 with 2274 viewsHealysBackPocket

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 08:59 - Nov 28 by Blue12345

I think that is highly debatable. He definitely has higher upside but we're not going to reap the benefits from that. Current ability? I would say it's about level all things considered and both are a step down from Wilson.
Login to get fewer ads

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:06 - Nov 28 with 2267 viewsYallop

Agreed. Head and shoulders above Nsiala.

Plus there's always the hope we could sign him permanently or on loan again next season.
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:09 - Nov 28 with 2256 viewsHerbivore

Cool, I look forward to him starting to show it then.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:10 - Nov 28 with 2258 viewsAce_High1

Ipswich in pointless loans shocker!

We have been doing it for the last decade, yes by all means sign one loan player who is clearly adding quality - Lawrence, Fraser as examples but all this squad filler we sign on loan or even worse other clubs kids is a joke.

Just use our MASSIVE squad and make do with what we have.
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:16 - Nov 28 with 2236 viewsDubtractor

Not on the evidence we've seen so far.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:31 - Nov 28 with 2203 viewsericclacton

Mr clumsy.
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:33 - Nov 28 with 2195 viewsDanTheMan

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:16 - Nov 28 by Dubtractor

Not on the evidence we've seen so far.

I'm not a big fan of Nsiala but I have to agree. McGuiness gives me that same nervousness that Nsiala does.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:46 - Nov 28 with 2157 viewsBlue12345

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:33 - Nov 28 by DanTheMan

I'm not a big fan of Nsiala but I have to agree. McGuiness gives me that same nervousness that Nsiala does.

I think the difference being Mcguiness is only 19 and this is his first run at men’s football so getting the jitters is more understandable. Toto is now a seasoned pro and also gives us all jitters. Though I do understand the argument against playing loanees. For me Mcguiness is an improvement on toto but respect everyone has a difference of opinion.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 9:47]
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:50 - Nov 28 with 2145 viewsBent_double

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:06 - Nov 28 by Yallop

Agreed. Head and shoulders above Nsiala.

Plus there's always the hope we could sign him permanently or on loan again next season.

On loan possibly, but only if we are in the Championship next season.

We only had one game to see his potential, and they were certainly raving about his performance on BBC Suffolk when we played Arsenal u23's, clearly Lambert had been looking at him for a while.

It's possible of course that with our coaching methods he's gone backwards in the time he's spent with us.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 10:09 - Nov 28 with 2105 viewsDubtractor

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 09:46 - Nov 28 by Blue12345

I think the difference being Mcguiness is only 19 and this is his first run at men’s football so getting the jitters is more understandable. Toto is now a seasoned pro and also gives us all jitters. Though I do understand the argument against playing loanees. For me Mcguiness is an improvement on toto but respect everyone has a difference of opinion.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 9:47]

Don't get me wrong, McGuiness clearly has potential, and I don't rate Toto much at all, but here and now I struggle to see that McGuiness improves us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 10:33 - Nov 28 with 2075 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 11:17 - Nov 28 with 2028 viewsmonty_radio

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 10:33 - Nov 28 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Which I personally doubt he will. That slightly inelegant trait referred to earlier is unlikely to be permanently eradicated and would rule him out of any top-half Prem side. Ndaba is surely the one we should be trying to develop?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 20:09]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 12:26 - Nov 28 with 1946 viewsnodge_blue

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 01:15 - Nov 28 by Illinoisblue

Been saying this for weeks. And if Toto had made the number of mistakes McGuiness has made he would have been run out of town by now. A totally pointless loan.

He has made mistakes. However, he is much more comfortable on the ball that Nsiala and if we are to play this passing out from the back game then I'm not sure how Nsiala can play. He looks very uncomfortable getting the ball in a tight situation.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 12:31 - Nov 28 with 1929 viewsWickets

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 11:17 - Nov 28 by monty_radio

Which I personally doubt he will. That slightly inelegant trait referred to earlier is unlikely to be permanently eradicated and would rule him out of any top-half Prem side. Ndaba is surely the one we should be trying to develop?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 20:09]

From the bits and pieces i have seen of Ndaba i think he has potential ,another reason why i think its a pity we seem to make little effort in these cup matches . i await the usual posts that remind me that "its the league that is important ".
McGuiness is another pointless loan on 12:39 - Nov 28 with 1914 viewscatch74

As it’s a bit of an experiment playing an unknown quantity I’d love to take that risk with some of our own youngsters - Nbada for instance. Interesting that McGavin, Dozzell given their chance have taken it.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 12:51 - Nov 28 with 1879 viewsjayessess

Yeah, I can't really see the logic of signing loan players who don't immediately improve us and I really don't think McGuinness does.

Bennetts might be more useful, although worth considering how many L1 contenders have attackers on loan who are ready to consistently produce (ie. Josh Sims, Brennan Johnson), rather than just raw, unreliable and talented.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 13:03 - Nov 28 with 1851 viewscatch74

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 12:51 - Nov 28 by jayessess

Yeah, I can't really see the logic of signing loan players who don't immediately improve us and I really don't think McGuinness does.

Bennetts might be more useful, although worth considering how many L1 contenders have attackers on loan who are ready to consistently produce (ie. Josh Sims, Brennan Johnson), rather than just raw, unreliable and talented.

Same thing with Bennetts, learning on the job - why not play Dobra.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

McGuiness is another pointless loan on 14:04 - Nov 28 with 1745 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I said at the time I'd rather we spent that loan money on a striker. We didn't need another defender.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024