Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was having a nice relaxed morning.. 12:02 - Nov 28 with 470 viewsTheBoyBlue

...then realised we're playing this afternoon and instantly a wave of depression spread over me.

It really shouldn't be like this should it?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Was having a nice relaxed morning.. on 12:03 - Nov 28 with 460 viewsHealysBackPocket

Depends - is a wave of depression better than deep-rooted apathy?
Was having a nice relaxed morning.. on 12:10 - Nov 28 with 427 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The predictions are very split on this afternoon.

If we see Charlton as a top 8 side (their current league position suggests they are), we stand no chance of winning.

However, they have had some very mixed results and were beaten 4-2 by Burton last time out. I have no idea who their key players are, whether they missed that match and whether they are available this afternoon but on the face of it, we stand every chance this afternoon.

On the basis of those two things, I have gone for a draw. However, I can see any result possible, albeit the win slightly less likely.

Part of me wants us to suddenly play wonderful, incisive attacking football, not look back and go from this turning point to becoming a decent Championship side once again. If that isn't going to happen, I actually would quite like a lame defeat to hasten the change. The worst result for me will be a lame draw that simply prolongs the agony. Unfortunately, that is what I think most likely.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Was having a nice relaxed morning.. on 12:32 - Nov 28 with 393 viewsTheBoyBlue

Was having a nice relaxed morning.. on 12:03 - Nov 28 by HealysBackPocket

Depends - is a wave of depression better than deep-rooted apathy?

I don't want to be apathetic about Ipswich Town, they've been a part of my life for over thirty years, given me so much joy and I still feel so pleased to support a club that has achieved what it has, even though much of it was before my time. Yet I would prefer apathy to my Saturdays being spoiled by them, especially as much of what I used to be able to do to distract myself from ITFC isn't possible at the moment.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Was having a nice relaxed morning.. on 12:38 - Nov 28 with 380 viewsAce_High1

It is only a game, will check out the result but win, lose or draw..... meh and move on with the day.
Was having a nice relaxed morning.. on 13:00 - Nov 28 with 349 viewsm14_blue

Was having a nice relaxed morning.. on 12:38 - Nov 28 by Ace_High1

It is only a game, will check out the result but win, lose or draw..... meh and move on with the day.

I find it much harder to care so much when I know I can’t go to the games anyway.

The best part of a promotion push or cup run is the atmosphere at games, particularly with large away followings. The anticipation of a day out with the lads and a few beers in a different time.

Without any of that....meh. it would be typical Ipswich if we actually made it to Wembley in a year when we can’t go anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024