Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert 17:02 - Nov 28 with 2877 viewschrismakin

Now, I appreciate there's a lot of supporters asking for players to be given the chance etc. But I can not see how anyone with an inch of footballing management experience would look at Gibbs and think he was ready for a 1st team debut from the start in a game like this.

The poor guy was out of his league, and that is no fault of his own he has barely played any u23 games, hasn't shown any glimpses of being first team ready, Gibbs or any family members reading twtd, make it known he has a bright future ahead of him and i feel embarrassed that our so called manager felt the need to embarrass a player in this way.

This for me looks like Lambert trying to get one over the media and the supporters and I really hope this hasn't ruined a promising career for Gibbs

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:03 - Nov 28 with 2829 viewswkj

It was a reckless decision. This was nout more than "I told you so"

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:03 - Nov 28 with 2778 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stated before the match that I was worried about the inexperience in midfield.

Fully agree that it was madness for PL to put Gibbs in. I feel very sorry for the lad, and he should not let it dent his confidence.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:05 - Nov 28 with 2661 viewschrismakin

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:03 - Nov 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Stated before the match that I was worried about the inexperience in midfield.

Fully agree that it was madness for PL to put Gibbs in. I feel very sorry for the lad, and he should not let it dent his confidence.

Im actually feeling angry about it and I don't even know him. I really hope he doesn't come away feeling down.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:06 - Nov 28 with 2603 viewsbackwaywhen

Lambert should be hung out to dry over this , the man is an absolute clown , Evans please please get rid NOW.
Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 2590 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:05 - Nov 28 by chrismakin

Im actually feeling angry about it and I don't even know him. I really hope he doesn't come away feeling down.

Agreed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 2572 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:05 - Nov 28 by chrismakin

Debut for his home town club he's been with since he was 9? He'll be walking on air for the rest of the season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 2557 viewsclive_baker

All I've seen on here this past week is for Lambert to drop Judge, "anyone but Judge" and to throw in "a youth". Perhaps today highlights why it's not that straight forward, it's chalk and cheese from youth football to mens football. It was literally men against boys with Gibbs this afternoon.

It was disgraceful from Lambert to ask Gibbs to go in their today. It almost felt like he was trying to prove a point.

Lambert out.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 2516 viewscatch74

So easy, not saying it would have made any difference to the performance but start Jackson and move Judge in the middle. No reason to start him whatsoever.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:08 - Nov 28 with 2468 viewshomer_123

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:07 - Nov 28 by clive_baker

All I've seen on here this past week is for Lambert to drop Judge, "anyone but Judge" and to throw in "a youth". Perhaps today highlights why it's not that straight forward, it's chalk and cheese from youth football to mens football. It was literally men against boys with Gibbs this afternoon.

It was disgraceful from Lambert to ask Gibbs to go in their today. It almost felt like he was trying to prove a point.

Lambert out.

Come on Clive. Judge playing out wide? If you are gonna play him today its centrally to support the youngsters....never ever ever out wide over Jackson.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:08 - Nov 28 with 2463 viewsGlasgowBlue

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:07 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

Debut for his home town club he's been with since he was 9? He'll be walking on air for the rest of the season.

And we had this same conversation when Lambert threw in Brett McGavin last season. Now he's a regular.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:13 - Nov 28 with 2316 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out.

Literally no one was calling for a 17 year old to be given their debut.

And Judge wasn't dropped.

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:14 - Nov 28 with 2296 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:08 - Nov 28 by homer_123

Come on Clive. Judge playing out wide? If you are gonna play him today its centrally to support the youngsters....never ever ever out wide over Jackson.

Indeed.

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:19 - Nov 28 with 2183 viewsWickets

And no Dobra in the squad despite all these injurys . Our manager really does not seem to like him does him?Is he holding a grudge because the boy turned down a loan ?
Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:21 - Nov 28 with 2141 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Gibbs was set up to fail today.

I suspect it's so that Lambert can use the following line;

"The fans ask me to play the kids, then complain when I do. You can't win..."

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:21 - Nov 28 with 2112 viewsgordon

Lambert out.

Have you got a link to a post where someone said to 'throw in a youth' in place of Judge?

Today it clearly should have been two strikers, because we had 4 fit strikers available and lots of midfielders out injured.

Two out of Dozzell, McGavin, Judge or Huws (if he was fit) were fine as the two central midfielders, then two of Bennetts, Lankester or Dobra in the wide midfield positions. There was absolutely no need to throw in Gibbs.
Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:22 - Nov 28 with 2108 viewsTrequartista

Perhaps management is his hobby.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:22 - Nov 28 with 2095 viewsgordon

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:21 - Nov 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Gibbs was set up to fail today.

I suspect it's so that Lambert can use the following line;

"The fans ask me to play the kids, then complain when I do. You can't win..."

Yes, exactly.
Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:23 - Nov 28 with 2062 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:08 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

And we had this same conversation when Lambert threw in Brett McGavin last season. Now he's a regular.

Quite. Do people think McGavin hated being thrown in at the deep end and wishes he'd never been given an opportunity? Unlikely, to say the least.

I know Lambert's shoite, but this continued inventing of reasons to have a go at him is pathetic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:26 - Nov 28 with 2006 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:23 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

Quite. Do people think McGavin hated being thrown in at the deep end and wishes he'd never been given an opportunity? Unlikely, to say the least.

I know Lambert's shoite, but this continued inventing of reasons to have a go at him is pathetic.

Of course Gibbs will have been pleased to make his debut.

But to suggest that these are the circumstances for him to make his debut is laughable.

Poor, poor, poor management to throw him in today.

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:28 - Nov 28 with 1955 viewsWickets

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:23 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

OK i understand your point but why Gibbs over Dobra ? who did not even make the squad .
Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:28 - Nov 28 with 1954 viewsgordon

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:08 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

McGavin was 20 when he made his debut, so not that comparable.
Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:32 - Nov 28 with 1883 viewsgordon

Gibbs - Disgusting by Lambert on 17:28 - Nov 28 by Wickets

OK i understand your point but why Gibbs over Dobra ? who did not even make the squad .

Gibbs was picked ahead of Jackson, Drinan, Huws (if fit), Lankester, Dobra etc. All would have looked much stronger and it would have been easy to move Judge into the midfield 3 if necessary.

That'll be all we see of Gibbs this season as well, so it won't 'help his development' - the best thing for his development would be to put him on the bench, have him around the first team for a while, get used to things before throwing him in like that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024