Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen 17:40 - Nov 28 with 6942 viewsunstableblue

Lambert, hurst, Jewell never coached us well, mick coached us effectively but it was anti football and broke from the academy style and was short termist

We’ve been outplayed for years by lesser funded sides, who were better coached.

There is an Ipswich way, we demand passing, on the ground, attacking football with waves of pressure - there just is!!!! None of Marcus appointments have come even close

Coventry showed the league how to play last season - how the feck does a club in such disarray, get a style and manager we can only dream of at the moment

I must add that ward and Chambo were poor... judge once moved into a decent position did OK

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 17:42 - Nov 28 with 3548 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chambo was our best player in the first half imo. Joint pick for our MOTM with Judge.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 17:43 - Nov 28 with 3518 viewsEdmundo

Time to appoint from within?
Dyer back as head coach with Klug overseeing?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 17:56 - Nov 28 with 3458 viewsIllinoisblue

The fact we rely so heavily on two aging 30-somethings getting forward all game is its own problem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:06 - Nov 28 with 3376 viewsnodge_blue

I thought Coventry were nothing special at all. Crewe were more impressive this year.

And I like the Cowleys. I have saw Lincoln a few times under them and I like their passion and the way they get the team motivated.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 18:07]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:08 - Nov 28 with 3330 viewsHarry_Palmer

Cook & Cowleys would both be a HUGE upgrade on Lambert and we'd be lucky to get either. i'm not sure if you have noticed but we are in the 3rd division and don't have a pot to p!ss in.

And Chambers was one of our better players today, Ward average but not terrible.
Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:11 - Nov 28 with 3321 viewsDanTheMan

Have you forgotten what league we are in?

Honestly, fook "playing the Ipswich way", we need to win games and get out of this division. If that means scraping by and bullying teams, so be it.

The idea that Cook and Cowley wouldn't be right for us is mental. We'd be very lucky if we could attract Cook.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We just need to get out of this league.... on 18:15 - Nov 28 with 3272 viewsBloots

....and back into the Championship.

It's pointless planning for the future and looking at long terms plans will we are playing in a pub league.

Cowley or Cook would both be upgrades on the tosser we currently have.

It's not rocket science.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

We just need to get out of this league.... on 18:16 - Nov 28 with 3249 viewsBlueBadger

We just need to get out of this league.... on 18:15 - Nov 28 by Bloots

....and back into the Championship.

It's pointless planning for the future and looking at long terms plans will we are playing in a pub league.

Cowley or Cook would both be upgrades on the tosser we currently have.

It's not rocket science.

Yes, but apparently they're not 'technical'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:19 - Nov 28 with 3244 viewsjudespiveyg

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:11 - Nov 28 by DanTheMan

Honestly, fook "playing the Ipswich way", we need to win games and get out of this division. If that means scraping by and bullying teams, so be it.

The idea that Cook and Cowley wouldn't be right for us is mental. We'd be very lucky if we could attract Cook.

I don't understand why anyone would want Cowley, he's basically the league one Pulis. I've only been following Ipswich for 11 years and I've already seen enough route one football to last a lifetime.
At the end of the day professional football wouldn't exist without fans, and if the football wasn't entertaining there wouldn't be fans in the first place. We need a manager, regardless of League and situation, who tries to get his teams playing passing, attacking football. Entertainment matters.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:21 - Nov 28 with 3206 viewsmrfixit426

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:19 - Nov 28 by judespiveyg

I don't understand why anyone would want Cowley, he's basically the league one Pulis. I've only been following Ipswich for 11 years and I've already seen enough route one football to last a lifetime.
At the end of the day professional football wouldn't exist without fans, and if the football wasn't entertaining there wouldn't be fans in the first place. We need a manager, regardless of League and situation, who tries to get his teams playing passing, attacking football. Entertainment matters.

If you knew anything about him or the way he works, then you would know he is nothing of the sort.
Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:22 - Nov 28 with 3192 viewsnodge_blue

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:19 - Nov 28 by judespiveyg

I think some of this hoof stuff is over played. Lincoln played pretty decent football when they came to Portman road in the FA cup under the Cowleys.

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:24 - Nov 28 with 3147 viewsHarry_Palmer

No we need to win games and get out of this division, the Cowleys have a track record of winning football matches.

The current idiot has installed a 'passing football' philosophy and look where it has got us? We are lucky if we get into the opposition's 18 yard box 3 times per game, I have honestly never been so bored watching the last two matches.
Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:26 - Nov 28 with 3116 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:30 - Nov 28 with 3083 viewsjudespiveyg

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:24 - Nov 28 by Harry_Palmer

No we need to win games and get out of this division, the Cowleys have a track record of winning football matches.

The current idiot has installed a 'passing football' philosophy and look where it has got us? We are lucky if we get into the opposition's 18 yard box 3 times per game, I have honestly never been so bored watching the last two matches.

I'm sorry but playing route one football will be equally boring to me if we're in the Championship or in League One. Not even trying to play entertaining football is an insult to the paying fans (without whom professional football wouldn't exist)

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:31 - Nov 28 with 3067 viewsitfcjoe

But you think Lambert is?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:36 - Nov 28 with 3014 viewsbrogansnose

Right here and now we need to get out of this godforsaken league, how we do it is immaterial, or we fester and rot here for years.
Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:40 - Nov 28 with 2967 viewsnodge_blue

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:30 - Nov 28 by judespiveyg

I'm sorry but playing route one football will be equally boring to me if we're in the Championship or in League One. Not even trying to play entertaining football is an insult to the paying fans (without whom professional football wouldn't exist)

I agree with you we don't want route one. But did you see the Brighton / Liverpool game today? Brighton played nice football but also played some more direct passed early to break the Liverpool high defensive line. And it worked they looked a decent,confident side.

What we had today was so boring it was insane. We barely create a chance. Talk about getting out of your seat, I could hardly bother watching.

You need confident player first. Then some of the swagger and goals brings everything up.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 18:42]

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:46 - Nov 28 with 2919 viewsBlueBadger

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:31 - Nov 28 by itfcjoe

I think the OP somehow still thinks that because he tap around aimlessly at the back, we're a passing and 'technical' team still.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:48 - Nov 28 with 2884 viewsBlueBadger

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:30 - Nov 28 by judespiveyg

We're essentially playing route one now.

It's just that we play ten pointless passes around the backline BEFORE lumping.

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:52 - Nov 28 with 2851 viewsjudespiveyg

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:36 - Nov 28 by brogansnose

Right here and now we need to get out of this godforsaken league, how we do it is immaterial, or we fester and rot here for years.

I don't understand why it's this season or bust though? Obviously I'd be very disappointed not to get promoted, but what's to suggest we wouldn't just get promoted next season. A load of players are out of contract, but in all honesty the only one that will really hurt us is losing Dozzell (to a point Edwards and Jackson). Downes and Woolfenden (our best players not named Andre Dozzell) are both contracted for a few years yet so we wouldn't be in that terrible a position if we weren't to go up, surely?

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:53 - Nov 28 with 2840 viewsjudespiveyg

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:48 - Nov 28 by BlueBadger

We're essentially playing route one now.

It's just that we play ten pointless passes around the backline BEFORE lumping.

That's got nothing to do with my post though, I was talking about potential new managers not our current one.

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 2771 viewsazuremerlangus

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:11 - Nov 28 by DanTheMan

or Peter Cook...

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

"None of Marcus appointments have come even close" on 20:46 - Nov 28 with 2552 viewsunstableblue

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:31 - Nov 28 by itfcjoe

No I think Lambert has failed and should go, he has failed just like all of Marcus's appointments.

There was some minor improvement in passing and possession, and I think he had a plan this season which has been hampered by injury, but he just doesn't the technical acumen to be effective. I hoped he would progress us.

I know you like the Cowleys, but they simply won't win over Ipswich fans.

they definitely would.. 100% on 20:48 - Nov 28 with 2533 viewsunstableblue

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:26 - Nov 28 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

.. but the solution for this club? another Mick type mistake, possibly?

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 20:49 - Nov 28 with 2526 viewsunstableblue

Cook and Cowleys not right for us... another mistake waiting to happen on 18:08 - Nov 28 by Harry_Palmer

Cook & Cowleys would both be a HUGE upgrade on Lambert and we'd be lucky to get either. i'm not sure if you have noticed but we are in the 3rd division and don't have a pot to p!ss in.

And Chambers was one of our better players today, Ward average but not terrible.

Agree Cook and Cowley would be better than what we have

And agree Chambo was streets ahead of Ward, and had some good moments, too may errors

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024