Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here 19:01 - Nov 28 with 740 viewsSpruceMoose

I've cancelled my DD by J2BLUE 25 Nov 2020 12:34
In the short term, cancelling might be the best thing. I know there is this thing about supporting the club and it's all very nice but we aren't under Sheepshanks anymore. The owner purchased something we love as an investment and because that investment went wrong he's stolen 1.5 decades from us (so far) not to mention leaving us in a pretty poor state even if he was to leave tomorrow.

Your £28 is less than £7 a week. Our most average of players is probably on at least £1k a week. Our owner is worth hundreds of millions and although we have no claim to any of his money and no right to demand it; he was the one who gambled with our club.

People paying their DD right now are just reducing the gambling losses of a man worth hundreds of millions.

You must ask yourself who your loyalty is to, the club or Evans. If the answer is the club (obviously it is) then is carrying on contributing to Evans systematically destroying us really helping?

Season ticket holders, I admire your dedication to keep your tickets going during this pandemic. You're a credit to the club, far more so than many of the people involved with the club.

But there will never be a better time to cancel those direct debits than now. J2 was absolutely spot on with his post. If you're angry, canceling is the one action you can take to let the club know how you feel. Right now, the club doesn't deserve you.

I know some will disagree with my take, I understand that and respect your position. I'm just saying, if you feel able and willing, stop offsetting the losses of the bloke who clearly doesn't care about his failed investment.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 19:03]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:03 - Nov 28 with 687 viewsjeera

Broken clock etc.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:05 - Nov 28 with 646 viewsfooters

Although I agree with eggers' post about 99%, there is a small point of order:

Our owner is not, personally, worth hundreds of millions; he owns businesses and properties which have a notional value of hundreds of millions.

Unless you expect him to sell everything he has and invest it in ITFC, he doesn't have that much money at his disposal.

Let's just nip that one in the bud right there.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:07 - Nov 28 with 602 viewsJ2BLUE

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:05 - Nov 28 by footers

Our owner is not, personally, worth hundreds of millions; he owns businesses and properties which have a notional value of hundreds of millions.

Unless you expect him to sell everything he has and invest it in ITFC, he doesn't have that much money at his disposal.

I think that would be a better point if I was saying we have a claim to his money. Either way he's a very wealthy man who took an investment gamble and we should let him own it rather than support him destroying us.

Hope you placed those bets Footers ;)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:07 - Nov 28 with 591 viewsSpruceMoose

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:05 - Nov 28 by footers

I'm raging.

Yes. Yes I do expect him to do that.

He's fooking with the thing we love.

Give all the money please!

😂

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:08 - Nov 28 with 588 viewsJakeITFC

Probably actually more costly to the club if you go to the games with limited attendance.
My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:08 - Nov 28 with 593 viewsGavTWTD

The pandemic is hitting people really hard. I think it’s vital to some people’s mental health to go down to PR and support the team. Making no reference to PL, Portman Road is a special place and when it ceases to be for me will be a bad day. Yes, if you cancel your DD then it will hurt the club but I hope that those that do go enjoy the day and feel “normal” for a couple of hours.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:08 - Nov 28 with 574 viewsSpruceMoose

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:08 - Nov 28 by JakeITFC

Probably actually more costly to the club if you go to the games with limited attendance.

They could spin it that all is fine though.

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:10 - Nov 28 with 554 viewsfooters

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:07 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

I think that would be a better point if I was saying we have a claim to his money. Either way he's a very wealthy man who took an investment gamble and we should let him own it rather than support him destroying us.

Hope you placed those bets Footers ;)

Evans can't be that rich. He still eats breakfast at the same table as his kids, apparently.

If I were that rich they'd be in another wing of the house. Or at the end of an extremely long table.

But you get my point. Just the usual 'tax' cockwombles who want the Earth.

And no, I wasted my money on other things :(

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:10 - Nov 28 with 553 viewsSpruceMoose

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:08 - Nov 28 by GavTWTD

The pandemic is hitting people really hard. I think it’s vital to some people’s mental health to go down to PR and support the team. Making no reference to PL, Portman Road is a special place and when it ceases to be for me will be a bad day. Yes, if you cancel your DD then it will hurt the club but I hope that those that do go enjoy the day and feel “normal” for a couple of hours.

Completely agree Gav. I mean, I don't personally feel that football should be reopening for fans, but that's not the point.

I hope people read my post and appreciate that I completely understand why people might not want to take the action I suggest.

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:11 - Nov 28 with 530 viewsJ2BLUE

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:08 - Nov 28 by GavTWTD

Agree. As much as I appreciate the OP, that post was in response to one particular poster who said they were wavering and it seemed to be only a feeling of loyalty stopping them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:14 - Nov 28 with 497 viewsSpruceMoose

My Jr Apprentice J2 nailed it here on 19:11 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Agree. As much as I appreciate the OP, that post was in response to one particular poster who said they were wavering and it seemed to be only a feeling of loyalty stopping them.

That's how I remembered it.

I wasn't suggesting that people should take actions that may cause damage to their mental wellbeing, more that loyalty to the club is now a pointless exercise. Your post perfectly summed up the reasons why.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024