Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Physically sick 19:42 - Nov 28 with 1295 viewsDinnernotTea

I don't want to rant but I don't know where else to turn. Mentally it's always good to write down things so that's what I'm doing.

Ipswich Town Football Club has been my passion since I was 6 years old, I have 2 young kids now and I'm not ashamed to say it's still a huge passion and I think about the club every single day. I feel it's possibly more because of lockdown but I feel so low that we don't have a voice and it's sinking the way it is. Even if it's going mad at the end of the game and then ranting in the pub, I then feel better on the Sunday. But this is all getting so on top of me that this site is vital. Anyway I'm sure you're all feeling the same but what the hell have we done to deserve a club like this?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Physically sick on 19:46 - Nov 28 with 1218 viewswkj

I think next week will be a very interesting time for the club. The support of TWTD in all of this both her and on twitter has been significant, and other Journos like Mark Murphy is getting involved with others likely to follow.

Silence from ITFC will be very unwise, and whilst it doesn't mean Lambert will be on the out exactly, it does show that the managers are given way too much power by Evans. I genuinely do not think Lambert realised the gravity of his decision on this one, but he will be left in no doubt come Monday morning.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Physically sick on 19:53 - Nov 28 with 1129 viewsDinnernotTea

Physically sick on 19:46 - Nov 28 by wkj

I think next week will be a very interesting time for the club. The support of TWTD in all of this both her and on twitter has been significant, and other Journos like Mark Murphy is getting involved with others likely to follow.

Silence from ITFC will be very unwise, and whilst it doesn't mean Lambert will be on the out exactly, it does show that the managers are given way too much power by Evans. I genuinely do not think Lambert realised the gravity of his decision on this one, but he will be left in no doubt come Monday morning.

But despite his horrific team selections, bizarre substitutions, complete flannel post match interviews I think Lambert is actually really smart. I can't think of any manager that would swindle a 5 year deal in the third tier of football. What scares me more is that he knows financially he's untouchable. His behaviour this season screams of "go on then sack me but you know my legal team has advised you you need to pay my 4 years in full."

I don't see anyone in the local media powerful enough to drive him out without the fans baying for his blood. He's streetwise here, he knows it's a minimum 1 year before any serious amount of fans can give him grief inside the ground.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Physically sick on 19:56 - Nov 28 with 1088 viewswkj

Physically sick on 19:53 - Nov 28 by DinnernotTea

But despite his horrific team selections, bizarre substitutions, complete flannel post match interviews I think Lambert is actually really smart. I can't think of any manager that would swindle a 5 year deal in the third tier of football. What scares me more is that he knows financially he's untouchable. His behaviour this season screams of "go on then sack me but you know my legal team has advised you you need to pay my 4 years in full."

I don't see anyone in the local media powerful enough to drive him out without the fans baying for his blood. He's streetwise here, he knows it's a minimum 1 year before any serious amount of fans can give him grief inside the ground.

I don't think he is a dummy by no means. He has certainly influenced Marcus Evans very effectively.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Physically sick on 20:02 - Nov 28 with 998 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Very unlikely that he's entitled to 4 years pay off.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Physically sick on 22:34 - Nov 28 with 793 viewsRyorry

I'm afraid I can in no way now regard PL as "smart".

In fact I cannot think of anything dumber than, in a single stroke, putting the final seal on alienating the entire fanbase that were already more than p'd off with selections, formations and very recent results.

He must surely have had to run his banning of Phil past ME? At which point ME should have had the nous & balls to say "no, you can't do that". Which would for anyone with any self respect have meant a loss of face requiring a resignation.

Two men running the club who've demonstrated on this latest issue (as tho their previous records weren't enough) that they don't have the nous or competence to do so.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Physically sick on 07:55 - Nov 29 with 541 viewsbobbyramsey

Physically sick on 19:46 - Nov 28 by wkj

Why, what's going to happen?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024