Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting Gibbs today... 20:19 - Nov 28 with 1003 viewsKeaneish

Rather than change the system to play two up front and not expose a 17 year old to that profile of game so soon in his career, PL maintains one up top when we’ve clearly needed two for a while.

Surely Jackson or Hawkins are far more established pros who would give Charlton far more problems than adding a young Gibbs to a ridiculously lightweight and inexperienced midfield?

The incompetence to win a football match make decisions like these seem like negligence.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:22 - Nov 28 with 953 viewstractorboy1978

I actually think he wants the sack. And I think he's wanted it for a while now.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 20:23]
Starting Gibbs today... on 20:23 - Nov 28 with 946 viewsMrTown

We are talking about Paul Lambert here, as someone said prior, ‘tactical dunce’.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:29 - Nov 28 with 912 viewsBent_double

Is he effectively sticking 2 fingers up to ME - as we're led to believe that he's been instructed to stick to a style/formation - so rather than change to reflect the players who are available, he's saying, "You wanted me to stick with one formation, you get untried 17 yr olds in the team then".

He's clearly pushing ME to make a decision, giving him all the ammo he needs to fire him, whilst doing as he's told, so if it comes to any dispute over a pay-off, he can effectively say he was just following orders.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:30 - Nov 28 with 889 viewsBlueBadger

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:29 - Nov 28 by Bent_double

Is he effectively sticking 2 fingers up to ME - as we're led to believe that he's been instructed to stick to a style/formation - so rather than change to reflect the players who are available, he's saying, "You wanted me to stick with one formation, you get untried 17 yr olds in the team then".

He's clearly pushing ME to make a decision, giving him all the ammo he needs to fire him, whilst doing as he's told, so if it comes to any dispute over a pay-off, he can effectively say he was just following orders.

Thing is, he could have played his chosen system without chucking Gibbs to the lions.
Judge in midfield, Jackson/Dobra and Bennets as the wide forwards.

He's either even more incompetent than I thought he was previously to not have spotted this or he's wilfully used a youth team player to make some kind of pathetic point.

Either way, it's yet more evidence that he's not fit to manage this club.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 20:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:32 - Nov 28 with 865 viewsKeaneish

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:22 - Nov 28 by tractorboy1978

The body language says a lot. He was running up and down the touch line 12-months ago, now he looks bored. I haven’t followed his career that closely but I assume he loses interest easily if things aren’t going his way given he’s never been anywhere longer than 3 years.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:32 - Nov 28 with 863 viewsPlums

It looks increasingly this way. Banning Phil also allows him to fall out with the fans which is what hastened the exit of his predecessor but one. The environment is created for ME to make a decision.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:34 - Nov 28 with 849 viewswkj

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:30 - Nov 28 by BlueBadger

Thing is, he could have played his chosen system without chucking Gibbs to the lions.
Judge in midfield, Jackson/Dobra and Bennets as the wide forwards.

He's either even more incompetent than I thought he was previously to not have spotted this or he's wilfully used a youth team player to make some kind of pathetic point.

Either way, it's yet more evidence that he's not fit to manage this club.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 20:56]

There was no benefit to anyone for that decision

- First teamers on the bench missed out (Jackson)
- A capable youth ignored (Dobra)
- A 17y/o player getting a full debut in a must win game

His confidence must be shot to s*it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:35 - Nov 28 with 828 viewsTheBoyBlue

Is it too much to ask for a manager at this club that doesn't act like a 3-year-old whenever things don't go their way or they get criticism?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:36 - Nov 28 with 806 viewsericclacton

What an odious character.
Starting Gibbs today... on 20:38 - Nov 28 with 789 viewsBent_double

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:22 - Nov 28 by tractorboy1978

What boss, of any company, would be happy to hear his top manager state that, "he's not bothered, he doesn't feel the pressure", in regard to his job?

You want people who are bothered, who do feel the pressure, but perform under pressure, not someone who's just baiting you to sack them.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Starting Gibbs today... on 21:39 - Nov 28 with 653 viewstractorboy1978

Starting Gibbs today... on 20:38 - Nov 28 by Bent_double

What boss, of any company, would be happy to hear his top manager state that, "he's not bothered, he doesn't feel the pressure", in regard to his job?

You want people who are bothered, who do feel the pressure, but perform under pressure, not someone who's just baiting you to sack them.

The atmosphere around the place was fairly toxic before this season even started, epitomised by 'photo-gate' and the subsequent fall out from that. The fact he even started this season was presumably purely for financial reasons and you can guarantee Evans will taking a very deep breath before he does pull the trigger - I really think it's something he doesn't want to have to do. But it's untenable now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024