Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Email to Lee Oneill 21:43 - Nov 28 with 1415 viewsmanningtreeblue

I know I rarely post but had to get this off my chest to the club tonight - it has been boiling up for months
"Good evening Lee
I do hope but don’t expect you will do me the honour of reading the rest of this email
I have been a Season Ticket holder since 1974 and can quite honestly say I have never felt more despair than currently. Due to health concerns over Covid I did not renew but as soon as vaccine available had intended to renew. I am now quite unlikely to until the whole ownership and management set up is seriously shaken up.
I have no doubt that what the fans want and management are separate paths. I had little doubt at the outset that Evans was ambitious and wanted Premiership but due to numerous poor decisions we are where we are. I now believe short of pulling the plug which I don’t believe he would do, I think meandering in div one, salary cap and all now suits him rather than the cost of promotion in salaries and fees to even make us competitive
I read today Phil Ham as editor of TWTD has been banned as a result of someone posting team for Lincoln. Clearly you are punishing wrong person and should be looking for the culprit within who leaked it. But that’s just one of a running comedy of errors at the club.
Lamberts disregards for cups appears to follow him club to club. Worked this well, throw them all and focus on league. That has worked a treat hasn’t it.
Club seems to think they are big time Charlie’s when in reality they are at lowest point in 60 years in Division 3.
Lambert is clearly delusional or watching different games to the 15/18 I have seen. Total rubbish about senior players being easy targets. Certain players will be in his side irrespective of performance (Judge) unless they are injured (Sears)
His behaviour towards youngsters is poor too publicly abusing McGavin, Lankester etc and picking complete team of youths rather than mixing a few first team bearing in mind no first team match for 10-11 days would have been better blooding rather than being played off park by Crawley reserves. I could go on. Not way to get best out of kids
His persistence apart from a bit of today’s game with 4-3-3 and no plan B is laughable. His insistence because of our possession we are playing unbelievable football is again delusional. High 60s % possession when losing to teams when it’s all across edge of our own area just makes other teams let us get on with it because we are not going to hurt them
To come out with comment that we are useless playing two up front publicly again gets 10/10 motivational man management
Lambert was left in difficult position to keep us up but still had seven months to save us. I gave him benefit of doubt
I was disgusted at the capitulation last season but gave him benefit again but it is clear we are heading for same mid table oblivion
Whilst season is still retrievable I hope Evans has some escape clause for this ludicrous five year contract and he does the right thing fast
Only concern is the clubs track record with exception of McCarthy (and his time was up) of picking the wrong manager and expecting them to perform financial miracles
I would have expected as Director of football that it was your job to realise these things and many more. It shouldn’t need me and many others to point it out
In my opinion the club has sunk to an all time low on and off the pitch
If you want to question or even care to understand my passion for the club please read my book www.adventuresofatractorboy.co.uk
It would give you an insight and all profits go to Colchester Special Care Baby Unit
It may help you to understand how far the club has fallen out of kilter with its fan base
Best intentions for the club"
Email to Lee Oneill on 21:46 - Nov 28 with 1362 viewsKropotkin123

Loving seeing all these emails. Thank you for posting

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Email to Lee Oneill on 22:01 - Nov 28 with 1249 viewsnorth_stand77

Thats a superb email and sums up everything a lot of fans agree with.
Well done!
Email to Lee Oneill on 22:11 - Nov 28 with 1197 viewsNewcyBlue

I read your book on a flight to Singapore.

Enjoyed it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Email to Lee Oneill on 22:19 - Nov 28 with 1139 viewsKevdave2003

Great post and sums up how so many of us feel. I went along similar lines with:

Good Evening Mr O'Neill,

I am writing to you this evening to complain about the appalling mis-management of by beloved Ipswich Town Football Club.

I have supported the club from a young boy and have experienced incredible highs, lows, happiness, sadness, jubilation, tears, pride and everything in between. Tonight was the first time however I have felt ashamed. Ashamed of not only how far as a team we have fallen but also at how the club has treated one of its most loyal supporters in Phil Ham. A man who has tirelessly fought to keep the light of Ipswich Town burning, keeping the club relevant as we drift into obscurity and raising thousands of pounds for charity in the meantime. His reward is to be banned from press conferences, not because of something he has done but because of a post on an open forum by someone else. It's disgusting.

This is the latest in a long line of actions by Mr Lambert that have not been befitting of an ambassador of this once proud club. He continues to act atrociously towards the local media, for some odd reason berate the younger players publicly and also treat the fans with complete and utter contempt. To insult us week on week by stating how we have 'dominated' games when anyone with half a football brain can see that having more possession than an opponent is not dominating when said possession is with your centre halves.

Performances are not good enough on the pitch, we are being outplayed and outcoached by the better sides in the division and we are heading in exactly the same direction as last season. To lose 7 in 10 against the opposition we have played is unacceptable, even with the injuries we have suffered. Failure this season ultimately may mean we are stuck here for an awful long time.

In summary, the managers performance on the pitch and actions off it have been appalling. Today's news regarding Phil is however the final nail in the coffin for me. I won't spend another penny on Ipswich Town while Phil remains banned and Paul Lambert remains in management.

I understand you may not read this but I felt I could sit idley no longer whilst the club I love is torn apart in front of my eyes.

I look forward to the day that Mr Evans realises this and the appropriate action is taken.

Kind Regards,
Email to Lee Oneill on 22:36 - Nov 28 with 1055 viewsPlums

Email to Lee Oneill on 22:19 - Nov 28 by Kevdave2003

Great post and sums up how so many of us feel. I went along similar lines with:

Good Evening Mr O'Neill,

I am writing to you this evening to complain about the appalling mis-management of by beloved Ipswich Town Football Club.

I have supported the club from a young boy and have experienced incredible highs, lows, happiness, sadness, jubilation, tears, pride and everything in between. Tonight was the first time however I have felt ashamed. Ashamed of not only how far as a team we have fallen but also at how the club has treated one of its most loyal supporters in Phil Ham. A man who has tirelessly fought to keep the light of Ipswich Town burning, keeping the club relevant as we drift into obscurity and raising thousands of pounds for charity in the meantime. His reward is to be banned from press conferences, not because of something he has done but because of a post on an open forum by someone else. It's disgusting.

This is the latest in a long line of actions by Mr Lambert that have not been befitting of an ambassador of this once proud club. He continues to act atrociously towards the local media, for some odd reason berate the younger players publicly and also treat the fans with complete and utter contempt. To insult us week on week by stating how we have 'dominated' games when anyone with half a football brain can see that having more possession than an opponent is not dominating when said possession is with your centre halves.

Performances are not good enough on the pitch, we are being outplayed and outcoached by the better sides in the division and we are heading in exactly the same direction as last season. To lose 7 in 10 against the opposition we have played is unacceptable, even with the injuries we have suffered. Failure this season ultimately may mean we are stuck here for an awful long time.

In summary, the managers performance on the pitch and actions off it have been appalling. Today's news regarding Phil is however the final nail in the coffin for me. I won't spend another penny on Ipswich Town while Phil remains banned and Paul Lambert remains in management.

I understand you may not read this but I felt I could sit idley no longer whilst the club I love is torn apart in front of my eyes.

I look forward to the day that Mr Evans realises this and the appropriate action is taken.

Kind Regards,

Hi Lee,

I’ve followed the club for 42 years and this is the first time I have written in anger at a situation ITFC has engineered. The banning of Phil Ham from press conferences is inexcusable, ill advised and counterproductive. For those of us who live away from Suffolk, Phil’s site provides news, support and an ITFC community that binds so many fans together. Tonight we are united in our disgust at the treatment of a respected journalist who over many decades has done nothing but support the Club he loves.

The situation on the playing side is dire; we are underperforming on and off the field. At the very point at which the fans are needed more than ever, a huge constituency of us has been alienated. I for one will not be spending another penny with you until Phil has been reinstated.

With best wishes,

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Email to Lee Oneill on 22:42 - Nov 28 with 1016 viewsmanningtreeblue

Email to Lee Oneill on 22:11 - Nov 28 by NewcyBlue

I read your book on a flight to Singapore.

Enjoyed it.

Thankyou Newcy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024