Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 22:32 - Nov 28 with 1812 viewsJ2BLUE

All British heavyweight fight.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 22:34 - Nov 28 with 1366 viewsfooters

It's gonna be a good'un. Still don't really see how people have it 50/50, Dubois is a clear winner for this correspondent.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 22:35 - Nov 28 with 1357 viewsJ2BLUE

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 22:34 - Nov 28 by footers

It's gonna be a good'un. Still don't really see how people have it 50/50, Dubois is a clear winner for this correspondent.

Same here.

Truly impaired.

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:01 - Nov 28 with 1320 viewsfooters

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 22:35 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Same here.

Said to Stokie Dubois in 5. That may be late considering how the fight is going.

Dubois wants him out of there.

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:27 - Nov 28 with 1268 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I expected an early Dubois knockout beforehand.

After 9 rounds, in my opinion, despite what BT sport are saying I think Joyce is slightly up but I’ve not been scoring it properly

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:29 - Nov 28 with 1261 viewsStokieBlue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:27 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I expected an early Dubois knockout beforehand.

After 9 rounds, in my opinion, despite what BT sport are saying I think Joyce is slightly up but I’ve not been scoring it properly

Joyce behind on the Spanish scorecards but not by much, shows how close it must be.

The jab is doing Dubois in - he just can't avoid it and he's heavily marked up now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 1257 viewsStokieBlue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:29 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

Joyce behind on the Spanish scorecards but not by much, shows how close it must be.

The jab is doing Dubois in - he just can't avoid it and he's heavily marked up now.

SB

Wowsers.

SB

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 1255 viewsfooters

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:29 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

SB

Well, there we go!

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:33 - Nov 28 with 1240 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:30 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

Wowsers.

SB

Couldn’t see out the eye so had enough it seemed.

Only thing that annoys me about that is why did he pretend he was trying to get up straight after the ref counted the 10. It’s ok to not want it anymore but don’t pretend you just missed the count

Login to get fewer ads

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:33 - Nov 28 with 1233 viewsJ2BLUE

Nearly had a few quid on Joyce as Dubois looked nervous to me. Typical that I didn't bother.

Truly impaired.

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:34 - Nov 28 with 1231 viewsVeronaBlue

I’m abit late to this but surprised people so heavily one sided in Dubois favour to be honest.

Too drawn in to that knock out power he has. In all fairness Joyce is easily the better boxer and although certainly not world beaters, has fought better fighters and he’s incredibly tough.

Not at all surprised he’s won there.
Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:35 - Nov 28 with 1220 viewsVeronaBlue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:33 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Nearly had a few quid on Joyce as Dubois looked nervous to me. Typical that I didn't bother.

He should have never been 14/5 in all fairness.
Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:36 - Nov 28 with 1215 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone staying up for the madness that happens in LA later?

I have no idea what will happen, hoping nothing crazy though.

SB

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:37 - Nov 28 with 1205 viewsfooters

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:34 - Nov 28 by VeronaBlue

I’m abit late to this but surprised people so heavily one sided in Dubois favour to be honest.

Too drawn in to that knock out power he has. In all fairness Joyce is easily the better boxer and although certainly not world beaters, has fought better fighters and he’s incredibly tough.

Not at all surprised he’s won there.

Yeah, I was suckered in by the punch power. And Joyce at 35 is no spring chicken... Oh well, this just makes things even more interesting now!

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:37 - Nov 28 with 1204 viewsJ2BLUE

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:36 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

SB

I can't believe there's so much interest in it. Although I was too young to fully appreciate Tyson in his prime. Perhaps for people slightly older it's a bit more meaningful.

Truly impaired.

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:40 - Nov 28 with 1195 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:36 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

SB

Stokie I haven’t been following it so don’t really know but I’m sure I read a few days ago they suddenly announced this week that knockouts have been banned tonight and there’s no judging? So what’s the point? Even as an obvious moneymaker to a (presumably) desperate-for-cash Tyson, I fail to see why it’s a PPV when there’s no result either way.

I’ll watch some of it though probably if I’m awake now the main event in the UFC is off. I actually thought RJJ would beat Tyson tonight if there was a result.

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:42 - Nov 28 with 1177 viewsWicklowBlue

SB

This! Joyce jabbed Dubois into submission, closed his left eye and Dubois had enough. Was expecting a better fight tbh, though Dubois rocked Joyce a few times in the earlier rounds but never really got moving forward or used his own jab.

Never a good sign when a fighter taps out but I can get he couldn't see his opponent.

Edited: because my phone decided Dubois was Dunois!!!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:37]
Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:42 - Nov 28 with 1176 viewsfooters

SB

I'll watch Tyson's KO on YT tomorrow

No interest in it.

Might as well watch the YouTube fight beforehand. Total circus.

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:44 - Nov 28 with 1172 viewsStokieBlue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:40 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Stokie I haven’t been following it so don’t really know but I’m sure I read a few days ago they suddenly announced this week that knockouts have been banned tonight and there’s no judging? So what’s the point? Even as an obvious moneymaker to a (presumably) desperate-for-cash Tyson, I fail to see why it’s a PPV when there’s no result either way.

I’ll watch some of it though probably if I’m awake now the main event in the UFC is off. I actually thought RJJ would beat Tyson tonight if there was a result.

Knockouts have never been allowed, it's an exhibition.

However it seems that they "might" be now. Can't see how that's a good thing given their ages.

You shouldn't be up at 2am. Get some sleep.

SB

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:44 - Nov 28 with 1171 viewsVeronaBlue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:37 - Nov 28 by footers

Yeah, I was suckered in by the punch power. And Joyce at 35 is no spring chicken... Oh well, this just makes things even more interesting now!

Don’t get me wrong I thought early on he was going to put him away as I was watching too. Dubois is really accurate but then again Joyce don’t mind getting hit.

No doubt Dubois will have a decent future, can only improve from here.

Lot of positives always been out there for Joyce like comments about his performances in sparring and how hard he can actually hit. Like you say plenty put off by his age.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:02]
Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:54 - Nov 28 with 1144 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:44 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

Knockouts have never been allowed, it's an exhibition.

However it seems that they "might" be now. Can't see how that's a good thing given their ages.

You shouldn't be up at 2am. Get some sleep.

SB

I just assumed if it was a PPV, even as an exhibition, they’d let there be judges and knockouts so it’s at least an event.

It seems bizarre to me but hey ho

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 00:00 - Nov 29 with 1133 viewsStokieBlue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:54 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I just assumed if it was a PPV, even as an exhibition, they’d let there be judges and knockouts so it’s at least an event.

It seems bizarre to me but hey ho

As footers said, it's a bit of a circus.

Just one with the potential to be a bit nasty.

SB

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 00:00 - Nov 29 with 1133 viewsJakeITFC

I had Dubois one round ahead going into the 10th, but a really impressive performance from Joyce.

Dubois’ eye did not look good - imagine there was a fracture of some description there because it looked like that jab that stopped it really gave him some shooting pain.

For Joyce I hope it’s Usyk for the WBO soon because it seems that AJ and Fury will be tied up for the foreseeable and Joyce hasn’t got time to wait around. For Dubois I hope he’s got the heart to come back but he basically needs a fight like this ASAP after knocking over a few bums. Someone of the ilk of Chisora if they can make that work with Matchroom.
Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 00:01 - Nov 29 with 1129 viewsfooters

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 23:44 - Nov 28 by VeronaBlue

Don’t get me wrong I thought early on he was going to put him away as I was watching too. Dubois is really accurate but then again Joyce don’t mind getting hit.

No doubt Dubois will have a decent future, can only improve from here.

Lot of positives always been out there for Joyce like comments about his performances in sparring and how hard he can actually hit. Like you say plenty put off by his age.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:02]

Will be interesting to see who each gets put in with now... Some very good match-ups to be made, especially if we assume we'll be boxing foreign fighters again soon. Good stuff.

No doubt on Dubois, but it'd be good to see this Mayweather 'protecting the 0' nonsense done away with. You took a big fight and got beat, so what?! He could have had 20 Latvian dustmen on his record by now but chose to fight Joyce. This is as it should be.

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 00:08 - Nov 29 with 1108 viewsVeronaBlue

Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 00:01 - Nov 29 by footers

Will be interesting to see who each gets put in with now... Some very good match-ups to be made, especially if we assume we'll be boxing foreign fighters again soon. Good stuff.

No doubt on Dubois, but it'd be good to see this Mayweather 'protecting the 0' nonsense done away with. You took a big fight and got beat, so what?! He could have had 20 Latvian dustmen on his record by now but chose to fight Joyce. This is as it should be.

There was talk Dubois would be in with AJ or Usyk if he had come through this fight, depending on on what’s going on with AJ/Fury. Think he’s sitting around 2nd in the WBO rankings (somehow considering who he’s fought). Not sure who I see him in with next, maybe Michael Hunter someone like that.

Absolutely, he’s made a big step up taking on Joyce and can only grow now after a defeat.
Boxing fans - Dubois vs Joyce about to start on BT Sport 1 on 00:09 - Nov 29 with 1107 viewsJakeITFC

Dubois up by 8 :/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024