Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks! 23:34 - Nov 28 with 10699 viewsPhilTWTD

Have spent the evening reading through all the posts on here and social media, as well as emails, texts and calls, and it's been a humbling experience. You're all very kind. Many thanks to you all.
Thanks! on 23:36 - Nov 28 with 6232 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

SUQ!
I think I'm getting the hang of this now!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thanks! on 23:36 - Nov 28 with 6213 viewsRocky

Bless you.
Always a great ambassador for Ipswich Town Football Club
Thanks! on 23:38 - Nov 28 with 6186 viewsJakeITFC

Hope you get it sorted soon Phil, of all the things that have annoyed about following Ipswich these past few years, this is right up there.
Thanks! on 23:38 - Nov 28 with 6181 viewsdominiciawful

Not really sure what we'd do without TWTD. We as fans would certainly be worse off for it. You are very valued.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Thanks! on 23:39 - Nov 28 with 6168 viewsSitfcB

Goes to show, me might not all agree on most things but something like this and we’re all together.

I hope it gets resolved ASAP now it’s public but should never have happened in the first place, an apology from Lambert wouldn’t go amiss either!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thanks! on 23:42 - Nov 28 with 6108 viewsbluebudgie

Thanks! on 23:36 - Nov 28 by Rocky

Bless you.
Always a great ambassador for Ipswich Town Football Club

Sorry Rocky I pressed wrong button after one too many pints to drown my sorrows at this pathetic excuse of a club. Didn't mean to press abuse button sorry
Thanks! on 23:43 - Nov 28 with 6101 viewsKropotkin123

I guess it is harder to see the scale of the positive impact you've had for Ipswich supporters when you are at the centre of it.

The fact that you gave the club ample opportunity to reverse their decision before it came out in the public is a testament to you putting the club first too. It is shocking and shameful that they didn't.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Thanks! on 23:43 - Nov 28 with 6102 viewsLamp

Chin up Phil - I'm sure you'd rather be in that press room than dealing with us idiots
Login to get fewer ads

Thanks! on 23:45 - Nov 28 with 6076 viewsBlueBadger

If only you'd known that getting yourself banned from pressers would stop all the squabbling, you'd have started leaking team lineups yourself ages ago.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 23:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thanks! on 23:47 - Nov 28 with 6032 viewsbluebudgie

Lambert and Evans are the problem Phil and they are there ones who should be banned from the club. I could weep how my Ipswich Town have turned out after 55 years of support. All I can say to you Phil is you are a far better ambassador for the club than those two charlatans. Its dreadful the way you have been treated, they should hang their heads in shame.
Thanks! on 23:47 - Nov 28 with 6024 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I live in hope that ME insists on a reversal of his decision and he walks in disgust. Marcus is probably hoping for the same.

Once allowed back in, it could be a better opportunity than ever before to represent the true feelings of the majority of your following and tell him, and ME, like it is.

We can't, and won't, go on like this.
Thanks! on 23:51 - Nov 28 with 5972 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Keep up the good work Phil.

I have a feeling that PL has underestimated the impact of this very poor decision.

There's a lot more to come from this!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Thanks! on 23:52 - Nov 28 with 5965 viewsMrTown

TWTD is like a big community, I spend so much time on here, engaging with fellow ITFC from around the world, good and bad, and I love it all.

So no, thank you Phil!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Thanks! on 23:53 - Nov 28 with 5940 viewsRyorry

You do a grand job Phil, not just with the ace journalism, footballing insight & deep knowledge of ITFC born of being a true fan - but the forum - I mean where else would we be able to moan & argue so happily and regularly? :)

Here's something to help keep you going -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thanks! on 23:54 - Nov 28 with 5919 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Thanks! on 23:53 - Nov 28 by Ryorry

You do a grand job Phil, not just with the ace journalism, footballing insight & deep knowledge of ITFC born of being a true fan - but the forum - I mean where else would we be able to moan & argue so happily and regularly? :)

Here's something to help keep you going -

Cat sick on toast and three pints of rat's piss?
Thanks! on 23:55 - Nov 28 with 5903 viewsSitfcB

Thanks! on 23:54 - Nov 28 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Cat sick on toast and three pints of rat's piss?

Hahaha ‘cat sick’ has made me LOL

COYB

Thanks! on 23:56 - Nov 28 with 5879 viewsJ2BLUE

Phil for Ipswich manager!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thanks! on 23:58 - Nov 28 with 5839 viewsRyorry

Thanks! on 23:56 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Phil for Ipswich manager!

I seriously think there's little doubt that he'd do the job one helluva lot better than PL.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thanks! on 23:59 - Nov 28 with 5830 viewsloyalfan

Hope this decision gets reversed. Youre a legend Phil,
Thanks! on 23:59 - Nov 28 with 5826 viewsWicklowBlue

I'm still absolutely fuming over this Phil! As an overseas supporter TWTD has been my go to place for everything ITFC for decades as well as enjoying the banter in the forum. (Along with the craziness too 🙃)

Any Club who starts censoring media let alone such a long-standing stalwart such as yourself is on a one way trajectory. If this is what ITFC have become I don't want anything to do with it, Shambert Out give us our club back!!!!
Thanks! on 00:03 - Nov 29 with 5772 viewsFixed_It

No. Thank YOU, Phil!
The Club have got this horribly wrong. We are all right hehind you. I am sure it'll be sorted soon, but it should never have happened in the first place.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Thanks! on 00:06 - Nov 29 with 5760 viewsSitfcB

Thanks! on 00:03 - Nov 29 by Fixed_It

No. Thank YOU, Phil!
The Club have got this horribly wrong. We are all right hehind you. I am sure it'll be sorted soon, but it should never have happened in the first place.

The more I think about it the more annoyed I become at the club for supporting Lambert in this.

The club should’ve turned round to Lambert and said ‘no, sorry Paul, you can’t do that’ etc. F’kin disgrace.

Said before, I hope Phil gets an apology from Lambert and the club. As others have said, Phil was here long before Lambert and will be here long after he’s gone!!!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:24]

COYB

Thanks! on 00:11 - Nov 29 with 5694 viewsMrTown

Thanks! on 00:06 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

The more I think about it the more annoyed I become at the club for supporting Lambert in this.

The club should’ve turned round to Lambert and said ‘no, sorry Paul, you can’t do that’ etc. F’kin disgrace.

Said before, I hope Phil gets an apology from Lambert and the club. As others have said, Phil was here long before Lambert and will be here long after he’s gone!!!

Definitely.

Club should have stood for the principal, and club will allow Phil back in due course no doubt - but f*ck the club for doing it in the first.

Shows true colours of the club I’m afraid. When the tide goes out you see who is swimming naked and all that.

Lambert is doing significant damage to this club now.

Off the field - Media, Fans
On the field - Results, Performances, Player Relationship, Player Confidence, Players performance levels.

Really really concerning how much damage he is going to do before he leaves.

Thanks! on 00:15 - Nov 29 with 5659 viewsfooters

Thanks! on 00:06 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

Yeah, a proper apology and explanation for this sh1hthousery isn't just welcomed but necessary.

Banning indie journalists from pressers for reasons like this is so tinpot I don't know where to begin.

This used to be Ipswich Town. What on Earth has happened?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thanks! on 00:21 - Nov 29 with 5618 viewsMrTown

Thanks! on 00:15 - Nov 29 by footers

Yeah, a proper apology and explanation for this sh1hthousery isn't just welcomed but necessary.

Banning indie journalists from pressers for reasons like this is so tinpot I don't know where to begin.

This used to be Ipswich Town. What on Earth has happened?

Would an apology mean anything, would it be worth the paper it was written on. They’ve done it now, a disgrace to the club.

To allow a man who is ruining this club to its core, to call shots like on an individual that has contributed so much for Town fans over the decades, whilst he has ruined this club over the previous 2 years.

‘Support the club in these difficult times’ they say.... ashamed of the club I say.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 0:21]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024