Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well said Stuart Watson 09:32 - Nov 29 with 6232 viewscatch74

The revolution gathers pace.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Well said Stuart Watson on 09:37 - Nov 29 with 4295 viewsitfcjoe

It's done for him here, on a human level it's almost not fair of ME to keep him in position whilst he sorts out his replacement - because there is surely very little chance that this isn't what is happening now.

Lambert has to go through the motions, to try and get us up for the Oxford game on Tuesday, then potentially traipse the width of the country on Saturday.......just get it over with, and get him out before he can do any more damage to the club and himself

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well said Stuart Watson on 09:42 - Nov 29 with 4208 viewstractorboy1978

Well said Stuart Watson on 09:37 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

It's done for him here, on a human level it's almost not fair of ME to keep him in position whilst he sorts out his replacement - because there is surely very little chance that this isn't what is happening now.

Lambert has to go through the motions, to try and get us up for the Oxford game on Tuesday, then potentially traipse the width of the country on Saturday.......just get it over with, and get him out before he can do any more damage to the club and himself

Yes, and that is aside from the fact that Klug/Dyer/whoever would take caretaker charge has a damn sight more chance of picking up results than Lambert does.
Well said Stuart Watson on 09:42 - Nov 29 with 4210 viewscatch74

Sadly for him he’s pretty much unemployable now and he’ll know that - so he needs as big a payout as he can get.
In a way I feel a bit sad for him - he’s done everything he can, I genuinely think that but he just doesn’t have the capability. I think all the mixed messages and what’s happened with Phil is the stress of knowing he’s not good enough.

Well said Stuart Watson on 09:42 - Nov 29 with 4200 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Well said Joe.Theres no coming back from this for him when even the media are turning.

You think he's here for the Oxford game? or will he be packing his things tomorrow? I think he'll be here unfortunately.
Well said Stuart Watson on 09:50 - Nov 29 with 4056 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What I find difficult to understand is how he can say 'the fans are the most important thing'...

...then he bans the club's main fanzine and voice of the fans from press conferences. Hypocritical.

There's no way he will back down, he's not got the humility to do that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well said Stuart Watson on 09:51 - Nov 29 with 4054 viewsIpswichKnight

Hopefully ME is waiting for someone to come back to say yes to taking over then sorting out the finer points. I think it does show that Dyer isn’t going to get the job full time ( though I’ll be happy to be wrong on that ) as he could take over today.

Suspect it will now roll onto middle of next week 😢
Well said Stuart Watson on 09:55 - Nov 29 with 3972 viewsN2_Blue

He has to go surely. No point keeping him on. I’d rather pay him up and have Nash run the fist team for as long as is needed.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:00 - Nov 29 with 3897 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said Stuart Watson on 09:51 - Nov 29 by IpswichKnight

Hopefully ME is waiting for someone to come back to say yes to taking over then sorting out the finer points. I think it does show that Dyer isn’t going to get the job full time ( though I’ll be happy to be wrong on that ) as he could take over today.

Suspect it will now roll onto middle of next week 😢

I'd rather we just put an interim team in charge.

I suspect Lee O'Neill had a busy Saturday evening. Sounds like he's on Phil's side, so will be pissed off with the hassle PL has caused.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:04 - Nov 29 with 3835 viewsGuthrum

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:00 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd rather we just put an interim team in charge.

I suspect Lee O'Neill had a busy Saturday evening. Sounds like he's on Phil's side, so will be pissed off with the hassle PL has caused.

Unfortunately, the email saying "Yes, I will take the job!" has been lost amid the 5,000 saying "How dare you ban Phil!".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:05 - Nov 29 with 3810 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:04 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

Unfortunately, the email saying "Yes, I will take the job!" has been lost amid the 5,000 saying "How dare you ban Phil!".

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:09 - Nov 29 with 3738 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This stops short of calling for his head.... it ramps up the pressure and I think its a good article that says a lot of what the fans are thinking but disspointed it doesn't go further

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:16 - Nov 29 with 3630 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:16 - Nov 29 with 3634 viewsGodBlue

I wonder if Evans knew about the ban?

If I was him, and this is how I found out, I’d be fuming! Lambert and O’Neill would be in front of me right now telling me how they’re going to fix it!

Evans relies on the placidity of our fan base to get away with his contemptible disinterest in the club he owns! Rocking the apple cart like this risks waking us up and making us start to question things beyond Phil’s banning... like, what is Marcus Evans’ actual plan for this club? Why do we seem to be so utterly lacking in ambition? When will his hollow words be turned into meaningful actions?

On the other hand, he may have already known... in which case he has no excuse and probably suggests Lambert is safe, regardless of the fallout.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:26 - Nov 29 with 3461 viewsmikeybloo88

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:16 - Nov 29 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Agreed...and Ipswich is an easy commute for them compared to their previous jobs
Well said Stuart Watson on 10:27 - Nov 29 with 3433 viewsBeckets

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:16 - Nov 29 by GodBlue

If I was him, and this is how I found out, I’d be fuming! Lambert and O’Neill would be in front of me right now telling me how they’re going to fix it!

Evans relies on the placidity of our fan base to get away with his contemptible disinterest in the club he owns! Rocking the apple cart like this risks waking us up and making us start to question things beyond Phil’s banning... like, what is Marcus Evans’ actual plan for this club? Why do we seem to be so utterly lacking in ambition? When will his hollow words be turned into meaningful actions?

On the other hand, he may have already known... in which case he has no excuse and probably suggests Lambert is safe, regardless of the fallout.

What is the hierarchy at the club? Does Lambert report directly to Evans or O’Neill?
Well said Stuart Watson on 10:29 - Nov 29 with 3418 viewsParky

I guess nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes except Evans, but I can’t help think in typical Ipswich fashion that Evans is still supporting Lambert and will continue to do so until it’s far too late.

Any fan can realise there is no turning this around from Lambert, we’ve simply not been good enough under him. The perfect time is now to implement a new manager, give them a month with the squad before the January window to asses if we need some “help”.
Well said Stuart Watson on 10:32 - Nov 29 with 3370 viewsRyorry

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:16 - Nov 29 by GodBlue

How can he not have known? If he didn't, that would just underline his incompetence/lack of care.

He must know by now, surely - if he doesn't, that underlines the above even more. If he still doesn't take any action to reverse it, it's just a further indication of ITFC being stuffed under his ownership.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:34 - Nov 29 with 3356 viewscbower

The league record over 39 games is damning in itself. Put the absolute lack of anything substantive on the pitch over the whole 2 years alongside this and there is no genuine reason to think giving him the oft quoted " a manager needs time" will make the slightest difference. Yes, lots of injuries but he has rarely, if ever, set his sides up well for me. It would be tough to name even a handful, if any at all, of players who have improved during his tenure. It is time and I tend to agree with you, Cowley would fit the clubs immediate needs, both in terms of getting immediate results and utilising a limited budget. I think we could attract them here too.

bluescouser

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:36 - Nov 29 with 3343 viewscatch74

A lot of time for Simon Milton too.

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:37 - Nov 29 with 3312 viewspointofblue

It’s not just Evans keeping Lambert in place - there’s nothing stopping Lambert from resigning. He knows he isn’t up to the job, that he’s failing in every game, yet is continuing to drag the club downwards for what? What is planning to do different moving forward?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:41 - Nov 29 with 3263 viewstractorboy1978

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:37 - Nov 29 by pointofblue

It’s not just Evans keeping Lambert in place - there’s nothing stopping Lambert from resigning. He knows he isn’t up to the job, that he’s failing in every game, yet is continuing to drag the club downwards for what? What is planning to do different moving forward?

What's stopping him? A sizeable pay-off.
Well said Stuart Watson on 10:45 - Nov 29 with 3204 viewsthebooks

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:32 - Nov 29 by Ryorry

How can he not have known? If he didn't, that would just underline his incompetence/lack of care.

He must know by now, surely - if he doesn't, that underlines the above even more. If he still doesn't take any action to reverse it, it's just a further indication of ITFC being stuffed under his ownership.

I genuinely doubt there was any discussion beyond PL saying “ban them” and it happening. One of the many failings of the ME era appears to be a lack of any real senior management team, just different people doing different things and enacting the manager’s or ME’s orders.

God knows what LO'N’s role actually involves. In any properly run organisation there’d be some sort of process so that it understood the consequences of its actions, and had some sort of decision making process.
Well said Stuart Watson on 10:48 - Nov 29 with 3169 viewsJoHnNnY

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:37 - Nov 29 by pointofblue

Would you resign from a 5 year well paid contract?

Evans shoulders that blame.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:50 - Nov 29 with 3134 viewsGodBlue

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:27 - Nov 29 by Beckets

What is the hierarchy at the club? Does Lambert report directly to Evans or O’Neill?

Rightly or wrongly, I don’t see O’Neill as anything more than Evans’ lackey. Whether that gives him a higher hierarchical standing than Lambert, I have no idea.

What I do see though, regardless of hierarchy, is a complete and utter lack of coherent leadership throughout the club. But that’s nothing new, leadership has been lacking since Evans came in. I don’t give a monkey’s if he wants to do it, but someone needs to if we ever want to progress!

I suspect that ME’s method of management falls much more into an old school authoritarian camp, which tends to make the actual leaders shy away from saying the important things and asking the important questions.

Sad times.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:54 - Nov 29 with 3086 viewsthebooks

Well said Stuart Watson on 10:50 - Nov 29 by GodBlue

Rightly or wrongly, I don’t see O’Neill as anything more than Evans’ lackey. Whether that gives him a higher hierarchical standing than Lambert, I have no idea.

What I do see though, regardless of hierarchy, is a complete and utter lack of coherent leadership throughout the club. But that’s nothing new, leadership has been lacking since Evans came in. I don’t give a monkey’s if he wants to do it, but someone needs to if we ever want to progress!

I suspect that ME’s method of management falls much more into an old school authoritarian camp, which tends to make the actual leaders shy away from saying the important things and asking the important questions.

Sad times.

I think it’s a combination of the club being a fairly small part of the ME empire so he’s not really that involved in it himself, and an apparent inability/willingness to install a proper management structure.

Like you say, the people he does place at the club just seem to be there to follow his seemingly distant instructions and make some vague noises about plans, pride in the club etc.

It really is a shambles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024