Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager 14:19 - Nov 29 with 9993 viewsitfcjoe

Who do you appoint? With premise that it has to be realistic.

I’ve made feelings pretty clear on here with regards to those I’m Not averse too but if I had to go for one it would be

Danny Cowley

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next manager on 14:21 - Nov 29 with 4378 viewsWD19

I really, really hope it can be Cook.

Ideally retaining a strong Ipswich connection through the youth team and some backroom roles.
Next manager on 14:22 - Nov 29 with 4357 viewsSomethingBlue

It's Cowley by a street.

(My unrealistic shout: Freddie Ljungberg as manager, with the Bergkamp consortium that was looking at L1 clubs pre-Covid buying Evans out. We can dream)
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 14:22]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Next manager on 14:22 - Nov 29 with 4341 viewsDarkblue

I'm fully on board with Cowley but my gut feeling tells me it will be Paul Cook.
Next manager on 14:22 - Nov 29 with 4339 viewsSuperblue95

Cook

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Next manager on 14:23 - Nov 29 with 4322 viewsgazzer1999

No outsiders, has to be ITFC connections from past or present. Then when we can sing in the grounds you know what the song will be.
Next manager on 14:24 - Nov 29 with 4308 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Personally I would look for Liam Rosenior or Gerard Nash and ensure they have someone experienced as a mentor.

I think we need to ensure it is the right type of person. All the average experienced stock we have gone with in the past has repeatedly failed and seen us slide.

If we appointed Cowley or Cook, I would support them and hope they succeed but their appointments would feel little different to Hurst, Lambert or any of the others really.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next manager on 14:25 - Nov 29 with 4306 viewsWD19

Next manager on 14:23 - Nov 29 by gazzer1999

No outsiders, has to be ITFC connections from past or present. Then when we can sing in the grounds you know what the song will be.

“We are family!?”
Next manager on 14:25 - Nov 29 with 4303 viewsle2blue

Next manager on 14:22 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

It's Cowley by a street.

(My unrealistic shout: Freddie Ljungberg as manager, with the Bergkamp consortium that was looking at L1 clubs pre-Covid buying Evans out. We can dream)
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 14:22]

Can’t you use your Arsenal connections to make this happen? Let them know we’d happily welcome them :)
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager on 14:25 - Nov 29 with 4303 viewsDubtractor

Next manager on 14:21 - Nov 29 by WD19

Ideally retaining a strong Ipswich connection through the youth team and some backroom roles.

This would be my choice too.

Wouldn't be averse to the Cowleys though. In different circumstances I'd be up for giving Dyer a chance, but WAY too much at stake this season and I think we need a manager with a proven pedigree.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Next manager on 14:26 - Nov 29 with 4290 viewsbrushhand

how about skuse and chambers, they keep telling us how much they love the club!!!
Next manager on 14:27 - Nov 29 with 4273 viewsgazzer1999

Shock announcement it's going to be Paul Lambert for the next 4 years.
Next manager on 14:27 - Nov 29 with 4271 viewsIpswichKnight

I’d be happy with the Cowleys or appointing from within with Keiron or Nash. Gave up on the idea of Cook when his name was mentioned on R5 yesterday in relation to Derby he will happily wait for a championship club to come along.
Next manager on 14:28 - Nov 29 with 4260 viewskeighleyblue

George Burley. Yes, really.
Next manager on 14:29 - Nov 29 with 4247 viewsPositivelyPortman

Next manager on 14:21 - Nov 29 by WD19

Genuine question, and not solely pointed at you.

What is the thinking behind Cook as manager?
What does he bring to the table?
He’s not been successful at any club as a manager.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Next manager on 14:29 - Nov 29 with 4239 viewswkj

Internal - Nash with Dyer
External and Available - Cowley
External and employed - David Artell

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Next manager on 14:29 - Nov 29 with 4243 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next manager on 14:27 - Nov 29 by IpswichKnight

I’d be happy with the Cowleys or appointing from within with Keiron or Nash. Gave up on the idea of Cook when his name was mentioned on R5 yesterday in relation to Derby he will happily wait for a championship club to come along.

If we hurry up and act, Derby can appoint Lambert.

Next manager on 14:29 - Nov 29 with 4241 viewsKeno

Dyer and Burley

Heart ruling head

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Next manager on 14:31 - Nov 29 with 4230 viewstrncbluearmy

Decent suggestions but all similar in nature to previous disastrous appointments

Combination of GB and kerion for me, I trust them
Next manager on 14:31 - Nov 29 with 4227 viewsWD19

Next manager on 14:29 - Nov 29 by PositivelyPortman

For me it is proven capability and playing style. The kind of genuine football coach who can build a style and lower league team capable of passing Manchester City off the pitch.
Next manager on 14:31 - Nov 29 with 4231 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next manager on 14:27 - Nov 29 by gazzer1999

Shock announcement it's going to be Paul Lambert for the next 4 years.

Imagine if Monday morning there was a press conference announced and then when it finally happened the news was:

Lambert has signed a further 3 year extension.

Next manager on 14:32 - Nov 29 with 4212 viewsJ2BLUE

Danny Cowley or Paul Cook.

I think I would lean Cowley if I could choose. Always comes across well when he speaks.

I don't want Dyer to get it. Changed my mind on that one. I love Dyer and one day I want him as our manager but not now. It's not a job for a first timer and we've seen with Magilton that sections of the fan base will soon turn on one of our own.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next manager on 14:33 - Nov 29 with 4186 viewswkj

Next manager on 14:32 - Nov 29 by J2BLUE

Danny Cowley or Paul Cook.

I think I would lean Cowley if I could choose. Always comes across well when he speaks.

I don't want Dyer to get it. Changed my mind on that one. I love Dyer and one day I want him as our manager but not now. It's not a job for a first timer and we've seen with Magilton that sections of the fan base will soon turn on one of our own.

I agree with your opinion and reasoning for Dyer. Kind of similar to why I don't want to see Burley back - It would hurt seeing the crowd turn on them if it so happened.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Next manager on 14:35 - Nov 29 with 4174 viewsDubtractor

Eh?

Got Chesterfield promoted from L2, got Portsmouth promoted from L2 and nearly from L1. Got Wigan promoted from L1, kept them in the Championship 2 seasons (apart from the off field shenanigans relegating them. All while playing entertaining football.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Next manager on 14:36 - Nov 29 with 4171 viewsCrayonKing

I'm on the Cowley bandwagon too. Thought they were harshly treated by Huddersfield and we'd be a good club for them to bounce back at. Local(ish) connection is a bonus too.

Also seemed to understand at Lincoln how important the club was to the local community and vice versa. This is vital at a club which doesn't really have any public faces other than the manager, and an invisible owner who makes very little effort at community relations.
Next manager on 14:36 - Nov 29 with 4167 viewsgazzer1999

Neither was Sir Bobby before he came to us. But I agree with you on this one, the same people who had never heard of Hurst were clamouring for him. M E. gave everyone what they asked for up and coming manager, hungry lower league players, the rest they say is history. he will not listen to anyone on here again and will stick with Lambo for the next 4 years and hope for the best.
Do we really know what's going on inside the club? M E spends loads of money to keep it afloat, and I guess since his businesses all rely on the general public he has more to worry about than just little old ITFC. All this nonsense about ME selling up he may just decide he can't afford to keep funding us and we end up in liquidation again. We do need to be careful what we wish for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024